• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

vyvanse pill content?

iScience

Greenlighter
Vyvanse should be soluble in water. But there's a lot of insoluble precipitates in the pill content. What is this stuff?

ps i hope i'm posting in the right topic area. If i'm not, sorry.

Goto the Vyvanse website and utfse. Vyvanse will only work in your gut, period.

I do research at one of the major drug companies. They put all kinds of excipients in the tablets mostly to prevent the pill from crumbling or absorbing too much moisture from the air in humid climates. Sulfates, phosphates, silicon dioxide, all kinds of random things they use. Once it gets into your intestines the insoluble stuff just sits there. Your gut is very good at absorbing the drug itself out of all of the stuff in the tablet.

Vyvanse doesnt have too many excipients. Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium and magnesium sterate plus a few pigments and dyes in the capsule shells. The cellulose is insoluble in water so that most likely what is causing your problems.

And Vyvanse can be used by routes of administration other than oral but there is zero benefit as the kinetics are identical whether you swallow, snort or inject it (but please dont shoot it).