• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse Overdose? (180 mg)

poawiep

Greenlighter
I have been taking Vyvanse for over three years, being prescribed 60 mg or 70 mg daily for nearly the whole time. Frequently, I will take an additional 60 mg several hours after my initial dose in order to extend its effects. Today, I took 180 mg in total over the course of 10 hours. I have taken 180 mg in a day about five times before.

I have been panicking a lot after coming up from this last dose and I am very scared. My heart is racing, but I suspect it’s due more to a panic attack than the Vyvanse’s effects. I also drank a Monster today and a coffee this morning but I do everyday lol

Will I be okay? Please help...

Last edited:
I'm by no means a doctor, and nothing which I am about to say should be construed as medical advice. If you're really concerned, my advice would be to check yourself into the ER. As per HIPA (Health Information Privacy Act) regulations, they can't tell anyone you were abusing them, it would just go down in your chart. With that being said, I'd like to know your body weight, because that plays a large part in it. Now, I can think of a time a few months ago when I was worried I'd OD'd on Adderall XR's. I had taken 80MGs worth. I'm not a very large person, nor am I amphetamine tolerant. You've been on them for quite a while, so I feel as though you've developed a tolerance. They way they work, if I'm not mistaken, is that they're metabolized by the liver into amphetamine. I'm not sure what the ratio is, but if it's at least 2:1, I'd say you're fine. I, a small, non-tolerant person, took 80MG of regular Amphetamine, and was fine. But yeah, if you're severly worried, go check yourself into an ER.

You should be fine, but as you probably know you'll be wired and up for a long time. I've taken 180mg (and higher) with no tolerance to the drug a couple of times and all it's done has kept me awake for a longer amount of time, and of course the comedown is longer as well. If you have any benzos those will help. Just ride it out, give it a day or two and try to eat and stay hydrated if you can. You are most likely were giving yourself a panic attack, and I suspect the additional caffeine would intensify those effects. Its been a couple of hours since your post, how are you doing now?

Eh.. you're good. Just don't do that dumb shit again, man.
I remember back in my highschool days 1 vyvanse had me wired pretty good.. It was like taking 2-3 20mg xr adderalls.

You can only process so much of it at a given time. There is a rate limiting enzyme that turns it into amphetamine that you only have so much of. As far as I know it impossible to overdose. That dose is also nothing to worry about anyway.

I am okay. I calmed down shortly after posting this and fell asleep seven hours later. I have panic disorder so I'm prone to this reaction, but I suppose that's all the more reason not to impulsively redose like I did or take more than prescribed. Thanks everyone.

Swim took 180 mg within 2 hours two days ago and drank nothing but tea the whole day,(he was pissing like no tommorrow). and he smoked a cig, but he never felt overstimulated, he felt like he could probably tolerate another 60, (his body weight is 240 lbs and usual dose is 120) but today he is sore as all hell. Probably from overworking himself and lack of sleep, around his mouth has sores on it from itching and his nails were all chewed up. He would suggest not to, unless you. have a tolerence the comedown and side effects were fairly harsh, just one more thing he was very mellow on it, like when they give ritalin to kids, it calmed him down in a way. He has only ever felt energy from it, the usual effects. Anyone know why?

Last edited: