• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse for Stage Fright

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, I have a quick five minute speech tomorrow that I have to give. I suffer from social anxiety and public speaking is not for me at all. I start to sweat a little, get shaky, stutter, blank out, etc, the usual. In no way do I ever get so anxious that I puke or anything else too out of the ordinary. But for me it's still very bad and I feel like I'd rather die then speak to be honest.

So I can get a 70mg Vyvanse and take it around an hour and a half to about two hours and a half before I speak. If 70mg is too big of a dose for public speaking then let me know I can always take some out of the capsule. I was trying to get 0.5-1mg of Xanax to help but my plug is dry, so Benzos aren't an option as I hoped, but it might be for the better that I use an amphetamine. Luckily Vyvanse makes me very confident to the point where I feel godlike and also very talkative, but not so much to the point where I talk extremely fast. This period lasts for about two hours about an hour or so after taking the drug. I only feel a little anxious in a way that I want to do something, so as long as I'm doing something like giving a speech I'll be fine.

My problems are only that Vyvanse makes me sweaty sometimes and gives me slight cotton mouth. My only question is that would the Vyvanse make me more nervous and anxious for a thing I'm super anxious about when I'm sober and would it show more ill effects and possibly make it seem like I'm coked out in front of everyone?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Could you maybe get some Propranolol? I was prescribed it for anxiety because my doctor is a dick head and won't give me anything stronger, but after researching the drug I see almost everyone says it's perfect for stage fright and qfter trying it myself I can see how it would help..

Not sure if Propranolol is POM though, or Rx as they would say in USA.

Could you maybe get some Propranolol? I was prescribed it for anxiety because my doctor is a dick head and won't give me anything stronger, but after researching the drug I see almost everyone says it's perfect for stage fright and qfter trying it myself I can see how it would help..

Not sure if Propranolol is POM though, or Rx as they would say in USA.
I wish but it's Rx prescription here in the USA, I only have access to a 70mg Vyvanse right now.

I have looked elsewhere online too and found for some people it helps a lot and others saying it makes them more anxious, but usually the more anxious also suffer from ADD/ADHD anyways, and I get confident while high so... Just wondering about other effects, pls share more advice if have soon.

The physical symptoms of stage fright are often caused by a spike in norepinephrine. This causes increased BP and HR, which makes you feel on edge, and your heart feels like it's going to beat out of your chest.

Vyvanse releases norepinephrine, so it will most likely make the stage fright worse. Amphetamines like Vyvanse are known to cause anxiety, and adding more norepinephrine into your already jacked up system will probably not help. Especially considering you dont mention any experience with stims and you are considering the largest dosage of Vyvanse you can be prescribed.

On the other hand stims can make people more talkative, which if you manage to maintain composure throughout the presentation could benefit you. Though most likely this will make the whole experience much less enjoyable.

Stims amp you up, and it sounds like you really want to be more calm during the presentation. A stimulant is the wrong class of drug to alleviate stress and anxiety.

Its like to put out a fire with a gun sometimes when your scared for your life it might useful to feel godlike but i think your confusing physical danger with anxiety.

Like if your anxious because your in the er going into shock amphetamine will probably decrease your anxiety by keeping your heart pumping and fighting no matter what it takes.

If you take amphetamine for non physical pain based fear your prob look like a mess red as a tomato shaking and yelling it to them making faces

Hello everyone, I have a quick five minute speech tomorrow that I have to give. I suffer from social anxiety and public speaking is not for me at all. I start to sweat a little, get shaky, stutter, blank out, etc, the usual. In no way do I ever get so anxious that I puke or anything else too out of the ordinary. But for me it's still very bad and I feel like I'd rather die then speak to be honest.

So I can get a 70mg Vyvanse and take it around an hour and a half to about two hours and a half before I speak. If 70mg is too big of a dose for public speaking then let me know I can always take some out of the capsule. I was trying to get 0.5-1mg of Xanax to help but my plug is dry, so Benzos aren't an option as I hoped, but it might be for the better that I use an amphetamine. Luckily Vyvanse makes me very confident to the point where I feel godlike and also very talkative, but not so much to the point where I talk extremely fast. This period lasts for about two hours about an hour or so after taking the drug. I only feel a little anxious in a way that I want to do something, so as long as I'm doing something like giving a speech I'll be fine.

My problems are only that Vyvanse makes me sweaty sometimes and gives me slight cotton mouth. My only question is that would the Vyvanse make me more nervous and anxious for a thing I'm super anxious about when I'm sober and would it show more ill effects and possibly make it seem like I'm coked out in front of everyone?

Thanks for any help you can give.
High dose phenibut/fluorophenibut if you wanna try it a few days before first to see what it's like. It should be similar to a weaker benzos-lite.