• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Vyvanse, D-amp, L-amp, d-/methylphenidate xr for depression

LurkerSince09

Greenlighter
Please put the oxymoron of the title beside; I also want to show that for the past 90 minutes i have been doing research

So now I come for the opinion's of those experienced.
I had been taking x4 36mg concerta a day for increased motivation and interest in activities (I've been making money developing software and working on the creation of a SP tarkov mod,

Now typically i'd only buy crystal meth for the days i was out of my script (other than having noticably increased euphoria it worked the same in that i could spend hours gaming or programming or both), but slowly as i bought more and more meth the concerta would lose all effetiveness and so i had since been on the lookout for dexedrine.
I've since switched to lisdexamfetmine or Vyvanse and after 3 days of no meth, 120mg in the morning has next to zero effect, it might get me off the bed and into the computer chair - but as far in actually loading up VSC(programming software) or a video game to enjoy (such as eft) that's where it's efficacy ends. I won't actually load anything or start working on anything and will instead get back onto bed, put on brain-numbing TV shows like family guy or bob's burgers or some boring shit and sit there half-stimmed.

I had exactly 4 concerta left from my last time being prescribed it and took it with 180mg vyvanse (i am aware that this is extraordinarily high even for dopaminergic effects but is the reason why the Vyvanse isn't giving me the same "motivation" that it's sister-cousin methylphenidate could give simply because i went ~2 months give or take while using m-amp? and do i simply need to give myself a minimum of 3-6 weeks of m-amp sobriety to begin feeling the effects in the way that I am trying to attain?
I know these drugs for depression, but I've been stuck in this place for ad infinitum and as such have depressive personality disorder (currently i have no reason to live, i exist because my mother doesn't deserve to lose her only living son she has left; and though i find it to be a burden i like pretty much everyone love my mom and will suffer a shitty existence if it means hers is less shitty than my own)

So STRICTLY in terms of the abuse that the drugs give, and the EUPHORIA/euphoric-based attentive effects which allow me to get out of bed and work on software and/or gaming - should I give Vyvanse a longer trial, request to go back to Concerta, or is there another drug that fits in the middle of amphetamine and stimulant (i know amps are stims but hopefully you have enough IQ to grasp my meaning from this context) to which I've been prescribed that could work?

Also the only reason i took x3 60mg's of vyvanse was because i thought maybe taking them all at once )while not "tripling up the desired effect" but moreso "enable the desired effect within the set paramaters"..

Thank you in advance. I wasn't sure if this should go in OD or BDD but i figured BDD was more open to input from various different people who don't check out OD but may still have useful input.

Please put the oxymoron of the title beside; I also want to show that for the past 90 minutes i have been doing research

So now I come for the opinion's of those experienced.
I had been taking x4 36mg concerta a day for increased motivation and interest in activities (I've been making money developing software and working on the creation of a SP tarkov mod,

Now typically i'd only buy crystal meth for the days i was out of my script (other than having noticably increased euphoria it worked the same in that i could spend hours gaming or programming or both), but slowly as i bought more and more meth the concerta would lose all effetiveness and so i had since been on the lookout for dexedrine.
I've since switched to lisdexamfetmine or Vyvanse and after 3 days of no meth, 120mg in the morning has next to zero effect, it might get me off the bed and into the computer chair - but as far in actually loading up VSC(programming software) or a video game to enjoy (such as eft) that's where it's efficacy ends. I won't actually load anything or start working on anything and will instead get back onto bed, put on brain-numbing TV shows like family guy or bob's burgers or some boring shit and sit there half-stimmed.

I had exactly 4 concerta left from my last time being prescribed it and took it with 180mg vyvanse (i am aware that this is extraordinarily high even for dopaminergic effects but is the reason why the Vyvanse isn't giving me the same "motivation" that it's sister-cousin methylphenidate could give simply because i went ~2 months give or take while using m-amp? and do i simply need to give myself a minimum of 3-6 weeks of m-amp sobriety to begin feeling the effects in the way that I am trying to attain?
I know these drugs for depression, but I've been stuck in this place for ad infinitum and as such have depressive personality disorder (currently i have no reason to live, i exist because my mother doesn't deserve to lose her only living son she has left; and though i find it to be a burden i like pretty much everyone love my mom and will suffer a shitty existence if it means hers is less shitty than my own)

So STRICTLY in terms of the abuse that the drugs give, and the EUPHORIA/euphoric-based attentive effects which allow me to get out of bed and work on software and/or gaming - should I give Vyvanse a longer trial, request to go back to Concerta, or is there another drug that fits in the middle of amphetamine and stimulant (i know amps are stims but hopefully you have enough IQ to grasp my meaning from this context) to which I've been prescribed that could work?

Also the only reason i took x3 60mg's of vyvanse was because i thought maybe taking them all at once )while not "tripling up the desired effect" but moreso "enable the desired effect within the set paramaters"..

Thank you in advance. I wasn't sure if this should go in OD or BDD but i figured BDD was more open to input from various different people who don't check out OD but may still have useful input.
Vyvanse will not give you euphoria unless you dump the little balls out of the capsules, crush them into powder and dump them into a cup of human blood. That will release the the dexedrine if you drink it. Other than that your s*** out of luck with Vyvanse. I was on that for months. You cannot get a euphoric rush from Vyvanse unless you do what I described.

And no I never did that. But lis-dexamphetamine cannot be a converted to dexedrine without an enzyme that only exists in human blood. Nothing else will work. It will stay bound to the l-lysine and will not be bioactive.

Vyvanse will not give you euphoria unless you dump the little balls out of the capsules, crush them into powder and dump them into a cup of human blood. That will release the the dexedrine if you drink it. Other than that your s*** out of luck with Vyvanse. I was on that for months. You cannot get a euphoric rush from Vyvanse unless you do what I described.

And no I never did that. But lis-dexamphetamine cannot be a converted to dexedrine without an enzyme that only exists in human blood. Nothing else will work. It will stay bound to the l-lysine and will not be bioactive.
Euphoria isn't the same as rush. While Vyvanse is kind of a time-release product, it still metabolizes to dexamphetamine and causes some euphoria but no rush.

Euphoria isn't the same as rush. While Vyvanse is kind of a time-release product, it still metabolizes to dexamphetamine and causes some euphoria but no rush.
No, it absolutely doesn't. I've been on Vyvanse 50 mg, 70 mg. It doesn't give you euphoria.

It's designed to release over 24 hours. So even if you popped 150 mg worth of Vyvanse, that's still only going to be 6 mg per hour that's being released. That's not going to cause Euphoria.

the arrogance in you boy holy shit. You couldn't just say your subjective opinoion and move on you have to go outta your way to post UNEDUCATED (blatantly ignorant) comments. you don't even know how to spell the drug ffs. CLEARLY YOU HAVE NEVER USED NOR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN PRESCRIVED IT AS THERE AARE NO 'LITTLE BALLS' ITS A FINE POWDER/

gtfo here
You can't even describe what it looks like or spell it properl;y. GO READ ABOUT THE SUBJECT before you prove to me and anyone else that isn't ignorant af that you're a blatant fool and a complete & total douchebag

Dextroamphetamine_concentration-time_curves_after_oral_administration_of_equimolar_doses_of_dextroamphetamine_and_lisdexamfetamine_in_adults.png

Last edited:
also, since there are no generics, there is no reason why you would have little "balls" (spansules) in yours no matter your region. sounds like you were using Adderall bud
Also this thread asked a QUESTION not ask for your uneducated opinion from zero experience. i wanted to know if i should switch back to methylphenidate or stick with Vyvanse and if meth makes vyvanse less effective when used for 7 days on 7 days off

the arrogance in you boy holy shit. You couldn't just say your subjective opinoion and move on you have to go outta your way to post UNEDUCATED (blatantly ignorant) comments. you don't even know how to spell the drug ffs. CLEARLY YOU HAVE NEVER USED NOR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN PRESCRIVED IT AS THERE AARE NO 'LITTLE BALLS' ITS A FINE POWDER/

gtfo here
You can't even describe what it looks like or spell it properl;y. GO READ ABOUT THE SUBJECT before you prove to me and anyone else that isn't ignorant af that you're a blatant fool and a complete & total douchebag

Dextroamphetamine_concentration-time_curves_after_oral_administration_of_equimolar_doses_of_dextroamphetamine_and_lisdexamfetamine_in_adults.png
I was on Vyvanse 50 mg a day and 70 mg a day from 2018 to the end of 2019. It had little balls inside the capsules. I emptied it out to see what was inside. It wasn't powder. It was little beads. I don't know what to tell you. I was also on instant release Adderall three times a day.

I literally remember the balls rolling around in the palm of my hand. And no it wasn't. Adderall XR.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it absolutely doesn't. I've been on Vyvanse 50 mg, 70 mg. It doesn't give you euphoria.

It's designed to release over 24 hours. So even if you popped 150 mg worth of Vyvanse, that's still only going to be 6 mg per hour that's being released. That's not going to cause Euphoria.

Not giving you a hard time here man, but in a general sense, Amphetamine is going to cause euphoria as a side effect. In the original tests conducted in the United States studying raceming Amphetamine tablets dosed at 20mg, many of the participants used the same word to describe their first experience "exhilarating". I would have to say that my first experience with 20mg Amphetamine, what many of us would call a "small" dose, I would also describe as purely exhilarating.

Lisdexamphetamine (Vyanse) is, for our purposes, not so much a different drug as it is a different mechanism of delivery for an already established drug, being Dextroamphetamine. Any use of Amphetamine is going to carry the same propensity for provoking compulsive usage.

As far as the original post is concerned, I will speak from opinion that I don't think Amphetamines make a suitable treatment for depression in almost all cases. When you're depressed and handed these pills, the urge is often overwhelming not to ever return to that depressed feeling. It typically just doesn't work in the end for this reason.

I could see someone using Amphetamine or similar stimulants on a purely short-term basis like how one might use Benzodiazepines for anxiety. With close monitoring, a smalll dose of Amphetamine could be helpful in getting house-bound folks out to their first appointments with psychiatry/counseling or what have you. Perhaps once they have gotten started and established with their plan of care, the Amphetamine could be quickly titrated.

That's just an idea. For most people, stimulants are not any kind of proper answer to their depression.

Dude, stop muck-spreading nonsense all across the forums. You clearly don't know enough about the pharmacology of lisdex to be making these statements, as you and I both know you plucked them out of thin air. Lisdex can easily be cleaved by those with a little chemical knowledge. And it's pharmacokinetics are nothing like your description. I wouldn't mind so much, but as said, you speak with such grandiose arrogance as if you're an authority, when much of the time you clearly don't have a clue. It's not unlike the repeated nonsensical statements you've been making about how difficult it is to adjust urinary pH (it isn't, at all).

Dude, stop muck-spreading nonsense all across the forums. You clearly don't know enough about the pharmacology of lisdex to be making these statements, as you and I both know you plucked them out of thin air. Lisdex can easily be cleaved by those with a little chemical knowledge. And it's pharmacokinetics are nothing like your description. I wouldn't mind so much, but as said, you speak with such grandiose arrogance as if you're an authority, when much of the time you clearly don't have a clue. It's not unlike the repeated nonsensical statements you've been making about how difficult it is to adjust urinary pH (it isn't, at all).
It absolutely is hard to adjust your urinary pH. I already gave you the citation.

Even drinking 2 l of Coca-Cola in 2 hours barely acidifies urine.

Drinking 2. L. Of orange juice actually causes urinary pH to go up.

Urinary pH returns to baseline within several hours, meaning you'd have to be drinking gallons of orange juice or cola to have any lasting effect.

The number one way to actually acidify urine is to become dehydrated. The increase in uric acid with respect to volume acidifies urine. But that's not what you're trying to do. You're trying to acidify the renal tubules. Which doesn't work like that.

Multiple Gram doses of vitamin C fails to change urinary pH.

What magical available aminopeptidase enzyme do you propose a home chemist can use to cleave the lisdexamphetamine molecule?

Supposedly trypsin may work but I haven't seen any definitive data regarding that. However, it's not clear how trypsin would act on the carbonyl group of the lisdexamphetamine dimesylate molecule.

However, it is extremely unlikely that trypsin would actually work because Vyvanse is not converted to Dextroamphetamine in the stomach. It is converted in the blood.

But I don't know anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
It absolutely is hard to adjust your urinary pH. I already gave you the citation.

Even drinking 2 l of Coca-Cola in 2 hours barely acidifies urine.

Drinking 2. L. Of orange juice actually causes urinary pH to go up.

Urinary pH returns to baseline within several hours, meaning you'd have to be drinking gallons of orange juice or cola to have any lasting effect.

The number one way to actually acidify urine is to become dehydrated. The increase in uric acid with respect to volume acidifies urine. But that's not what you're trying to do. You're trying to acidify the renal tubules. Which doesn't work like that.

Multiple Gram doses of vitamin C fails to change urinary pH.

What magical available aminopeptidase enzyme do you propose a home chemist can use to cleave the lisdexamphetamine molecule?

Supposedly trypsin may work but I haven't seen any definitive data regarding that. However, it's not clear how trypsin would act on the carbonyl group of the lisdexamphetamine dimesylate molecule.

However, it is extremely unlikely that trypsin would actually work because Vyvanse is not converted to Dextroamphetamine in the stomach. It is converted in the blood.

But I don't know anything.

There are generally two types of people who come to BL: the first are those seeking or giving HR advice and interested in learning or spreading genuine knowledge and experience.

The second are those who come to try and massage their egos, typically by parlaying what they actually do know into pretending to others they're an expert in everything (see: Dunning-Kruger effect). The second type is often arrogant, condescending and patronizing, and blows a gasket when contradicted or challenged.

You self-evidently fall into that latter category.

You demonstrably don't care whether what you're saying is actually factually correct or not. Your motivation appears to be to simply to try and save face when you've been pulled up by others for being wrong by pulling a confidence trick and shouting loudly.

People like that are boring. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with them. Arguing with stupid makes us all look stupid. The fact is I know that you don't understand human physiology because I've been reading what you write - nonsense about stomach acid, vitamin C, the 'inability' to alter urinary pH (best not let those with a UTI or doctors hear it lol) etc. And you wildly overextend when it comes to stuff like lisdex, which you evidently don't know much about (why would I bother using an enzyme to cleave the lysine when there are simpler options?).

Your knowledge base and understanding of the basics is too limited for you to be acting like an expert and shitting on other BLers who actually do know what they know (and what they don't know).

Just stop with this ego game you're playing homie. Come back when you've matured a bit and actually want to start posting to genuinely help people and provide factually correct information intended to support others rather than bring them down.

@shugenja

Come on dude. We've talked about all of this already. If you're heart and head are not in the right place, you'll never make it here. If you're truly living the values that we cherish here, you should ultimately be glad when you're proved wrong. I know it's disappointing to be wrong, but if you're a part of what we do, you learn, you move on and you then put that knowledge to good use down the road in educating others.

I wasn't born with this knowledge and none of us were. A lot of us have been at this shit consistently for years. I have been on Bluelight for over a decade and I've been wrong and I've been right, but if the most important thing in your mind is the knowledge and welfare of your peers, it doesn't matter. People move on. People forget.

If what you want is to be seen as knowledgeable and helpful, you'll never reach that point if in your heart, you're only coming on here to be the loudest voice, to prove someone wrong or whatever. Please reconsider things man. It's not like you can't be a part of this, but the way you're going, every post is causing you to lose credit with the wider community. We are here to help you dude. We will be your friends, but you have to have the mission in mind when you're on here or you're not doing anyone any favors, especially yourself.

Not true! I’m on 20mg of Vyvanse & yes I get a euphoric rush when it kicks in. Reasons it wouldn’t be euphoric is if your tolerance is ridiculously high. Vyvanse wouldn’t be a scheduled drug if it didn’t.

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) doesn’t contain little balls like Adderall or Dexedrine Spansule do

Vyvanse contains fine powder, also meant to be mixed in a glass of orange juice

It has a 3 hour onset with a duration of 12-14 hours for adults

Vyvanse 20mg capsule contains EXACTLY 5.9mg of d-amphetamine (as per Shire Pharma) which MUST be taken orally, absorbed into GI tract and into bloodstream. Once in bloodstream the molecule of Lisdexamfetamine can be cleaved in half by Typsin in your red blood cells, a pro-drug, with an active metabolite API of dextro-amphetamine an an amino acid l-lysine

Ritalin / Focalin IR is vastly superior
Dexedrine & Adderall is also preferable
Desoxyn 5mg tablets would be the prized pig
Benzphetamine (pro-drug metabolizes into d-Methamphetamine , then into d-Amphetamine ) cool drug