• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse and Unisom

I think the main concern with mixing stimulants and alcohol is that the stimulants make you feel like you’re less intoxicated than what you are so you just keep drinking and then when the stimulants start to wear off the person doing this ends up black out drunk and pretty sure that’s what happened to that guy at the frat party. And also can lead to drinking to the point of getting alcohol poisoning because again the stimulants make you feel like you’re less drunk than what you are.

I don’t personally mix stimulants(when I used to use them) with alcohol because they already dehydrate me enough and the last thing I need is something additional to make me dehydrated. Yet, I have heard of some people who mix 2-3 beers with their stimulant and know to keep it like that because they are aware of the effects stimulants can have when drinking. (Drinking more than you can really handle)
No yeah for sure dude! I def don’t mix mine w alcohol either so I hear ya. But sometimes my doctor doesn’t refill my meds in time & I’m out for as long as a week & I’ll take kratom in the meanwhile & if my refill comes in later in the day where I already took kratom but early enough for me to take my dose I’ll take it but I don’t usually even do that I usually wait until the next day. But I def agree I think that’s exactly what happened to that frat dude. Thanks for your input 🖤

Because one is a CNS stimulant and the other is a CNS depressant (they counteract each other). I used to take alprazolam 1mg whenever I took too much meth (~30mg) when I'm experimenting with doses and ROA, I will start to have tachycardia (and sometimes acute hypertension). Alprazolam resolves anxiety and tachycardia (although acute hypertension would still be there), but after about 4 hours, I started to feel anxiety again (since alprazolam leaves the system quicker than meth) so I dose another 1mg as long as meth exists my system. I don't think taking something that counteracts is good for cardiac health in long term (but I don't do it anymore), but benzodiazepines are the first line of treatment for stimulant overdose in ER.
I see 👀

I think the main concern with mixing stimulants and alcohol is that the stimulants make you feel like you’re less intoxicated than what you are so you just keep drinking

Hey Brother! I actually think that the "Speedball" combination (stimulant + depressant, in this case alcohol with stimulants) has a worse problem than the one that you're used to.

Speedballs actually speed up your heart while dumping chemicals into you that slow down your heart. Coke for example makes your heart beat faster. Many stimulants (including cocaine) are also vasoconstrictors, meaning they add additional work to your heart. You're sweating because your body is desperately trying to dump heat. By adding a depressant to that, you're forcing your heart to do a mountain of work and the depressant makes sure that it feels (from the perspective of your poor, overburdened heart) that you're now doing all that work uphill. The depressant makes it much worse.

Even if ya don't have a problem with overheating, hospital lore is that the speedball gives any given person a chance of a heart attack. Like, even if you were fine this morning.

I don't think that drinking one beer and doing three lines is all that bad. Unless you're like a small female (small heart). But three lines of blow with three beers is running more of a risk than I would guess the bar crowd seems to think.

I would probably do a line and a beer with you......but every single time you're taking a speedball, you're rolling the dice on your heart.