• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse and Unisom

XxLisaxX

Bluelighter
Soooo... took some Vyvanse about 180mg spread out . Had some rum and fell asleep for about 6 hours. Woke up and popped a few more ....my Anxiety was through the roof. So I dosed some OTC sleeping Pills. Slept for a few hours and I felt perfectly normal ... now ...is Unisom good for battling the Anxiety ? I mean I felt alright lol

I hate it because I love the feeling of Amps. But hate it because sometimes I feel like I'm going to keel over.

Either way , any opinion would be nice

I find unison helpful but Melatonin really does the trick for me. Sometimes it won't let you sleep but will calm you down

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I'll try that tomorrow . I think about OD way too much when I'm amped up . I only get 30 a month and they last about a week. Re dose etc . ... Music helps ALOT but sometimes even then I'm too much into not moving because I think I'll die ...aye ....

Vyvanse is a tricky one once you start dosing higher. I definitely know what our feels like when you say you feel like you are going to die. Be safe, have fun

No I don't think unisom is so great for anxiety 🤔 Definitely not something I'd turn to for that purpose.

Might relax you a bit. I take it for sleep very often. As in nightly.

Blasting through your ADHD meds in a week will catch up with you though perhaps. Granted I've done it many times. But it's a bad crash and burn cycle to get stuck in.

Welcome to bluelight by the way! You too @twinflames13

Yeah i know it will eventually get to me. I want to enjoy my buzz which I am ATM. And thanks for the Welcome!!

Enjoy, enjoy! It has been a few years since I've had Vyvanse, probably for the best. The last time I had it, a friend sold me her whole script and told me to be careful. Thought I could make it last, but NOPE, ended up chasing and chasing the high

Oh gosh yea that sounds like me xD . 🤣 I was anxious and panicky earlier now I'm like ...niceeeee hahaha ugh I hate myself sometimes. Ahh 😅

Just know that you will be okay and if it really scares you, lay off it for a while. Remember to drink water and try to chill for a bit:)

Soooo... took some Vyvanse about 180mg spread out . Had some rum and fell asleep for about 6 hours. Woke up and popped a few more ....my Anxiety was through the roof. So I dosed some OTC sleeping Pills. Slept for a few hours and I felt perfectly normal ... now ...is Unisom good for battling the Anxiety ? I mean I felt alright lol

I hate it because I love the feeling of Amps. But hate it because sometimes I feel like I'm going to keel over.

Either way , any opinion would be nice
People like you piss me off.. people like you ruin it for people like me who ACTUALLY have ADHD/ADD & need Vyvanse, Addy, Rit etc for a better quality of life & not just to have fun & get high 🤣💩 but I’ll give you the advice you seek. Ask to be prescribed Hydroxyzine to help with the anxiety. It really helps & it’s SAFE. That’s what I get prescribed with my Vyvanse for anxiety. If you can’t get Hydroxyzine substitute it with Benadryl as it contains the main ingredient in Hydroxyzine that helps with anxiety. I hope that helps. Be safe 🖤

People like you piss me off.. people like you ruin it for people like me who ACTUALLY have ADHD/ADD & need Vyvanse, Addy, Rit etc for a better quality of life & not just to have fun & get high 🤣💩 but I’ll give you the advice you seek. Ask to be prescribed Hydroxyzine to help with the anxiety. It really helps & it’s SAFE. That’s what I get prescribed with my Vyvanse for anxiety. If you can’t get Hydroxyzine substitute it with Benadryl as it contains the main ingredient in Hydroxyzine that helps with anxiety. I hope that helps. Be safe 🖤
And people like you piss me off . I have ADHD hence why I'm prescribed. I will give you this ...I chose to abuse it at times and it sucks because I cause my own anxiety thinking I'm gonna die . All I wanted is someones opinion . And yes I was recently put on hydroxyzine which helps alot . Yet here I am ...in the same situation I put myself in , and that's on me and I'm trying like hell to control it . Ty though for the advice

And people like you piss me off . I have ADHD hence why I'm prescribed. I will give you this ...I chose to abuse it at times and it sucks because I cause my own anxiety thinking I'm gonna die . All I wanted is someones opinion . And yes I was recently put on hydroxyzine which helps alot . Yet here I am ...in the same situation I put myself in , and that's on me and I'm trying like hell to control it . Ty though for the advice
If you're taking the whole month's supply in a week, what'd you do in the remaining 3 weeks? Go cold turkey until you get your refill rx the next month? Or use other street stimulants like meth in the meanwhile? If you have legit ADHD, not taking your meds will severely affect your performance at school and work. As for your question on anxiety, I do feel anxiety even with therapeutic doses of methamphetamine time-to-time (I have ADHD and I never abused meth, and I don't take above 25mg within 24 hours without a good sleep), and benzo helps me for immediate anxiety relief. Pretty sure you've read this post: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/vy...s-cardiac-issues-but-hospital-says-no.927840/

If you're taking the whole month's supply in a week, what'd you do in the remaining 3 weeks? Go cold turkey until you get your refill rx the next month? Or use other street stimulants like meth in the meanwhile? If you have legit ADHD, not taking your meds will severely affect your performance at school and work. As for your question on anxiety, I do feel anxiety even with therapeutic doses of methamphetamine time-to-time (I have ADHD and I never abused meth, and I don't take above 25mg within 24 hours without a good sleep), and benzo helps me for immediate anxiety relief. Pretty sure you've read this post: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/vy...s-cardiac-issues-but-hospital-says-no.927840/
Facts 🖤 I take just 20mg of Vyvanse once a day & I take it how I’m supposed to & it REALLY improves the quality of my life, I can actually function now. Mind you I use to be a HEAVY drug user. Self medicating is a thing & sadly I was trying to correct my lack of function & symptoms w street drugs since it was difficult af to get diagnosed & prescribed meds bc of people that fake symptoms & abuse the system/meds that I ACTUALLY NEED as an actual ADHD/ADD sufferer(not saying that OP is fs faking her symptoms, ijs in general). The first month on Vyvanse I cried of joy & gratefulness bc I went from nothing to major life improvements. I mean I was constantly rock bottom I had nothing in my life bc of how bad my symptoms were & finally w my treatment I ended up starting up a little business, organizing my life my home, being a better wife/mother, maintaining order in my life etc thanks to my treatment 🖤 & it pisses me off to know that there’s so many other people out there like me suffering struggling to get diagnosed bc of people who abuse the system & meds 🙄

Last edited:
No problem 🖤but hey I hear ya ik it’s not my place to say wether you have ADHD or not. Mainly I just hope you be safe especially if you’re a mama. Mixing can be dangerous I’ve heard of horror stories regarding mixing Vy w alcohol. Most recently heard of a frat party & some college kid got his Vy stolen while he was drunk & one of the kids who took them mixed them w alcohol & blacked out & was found near dead outside in the cold. He doesn’t remember anything from that night apparently but ig it’s a thing to black out on Vy w Alcohol. Be safe & be well k 🖤

No problem 🖤but hey I hear ya ik it’s not my place to say wether you have ADHD or not. Mainly I just hope you be safe especially if you’re a mama. Mixing can be dangerous I’ve heard of horror stories regarding mixing Vy w alcohol. Most recently heard of a frat party & some college kid got his Vy stolen while he was drunk & one of the kids who took them mixed them w alcohol & blacked out & was found near dead outside in the cold. He doesn’t remember anything from that night apparently but ig it’s a thing to black out on Vy w Alcohol. Be safe & be well k 🖤
I think the main concern with mixing stimulants and alcohol is that the stimulants make you feel like you’re less intoxicated than what you are so you just keep drinking and then when the stimulants start to wear off the person doing this ends up black out drunk and pretty sure that’s what happened to that guy at the frat party. And also can lead to drinking to the point of getting alcohol poisoning because again the stimulants make you feel like you’re less drunk than what you are.

I don’t personally mix stimulants(when I used to use them) with alcohol because they already dehydrate me enough and the last thing I need is something additional to make me dehydrated. Yet, I have heard of some people who mix 2-3 beers with their stimulant and know to keep it like that because they are aware of the effects stimulants can have when drinking. (Drinking more than you can really handle)

I think the main concern with mixing stimulants and alcohol is that the stimulants make you feel like you’re less intoxicated than what you are so you just keep drinking and then when the stimulants start to wear off the person doing this ends up black out drunk and pretty sure that’s what happened to that guy at the frat party. And also can lead to drinking to the point of getting alcohol poisoning because again the stimulants make you feel like you’re less drunk than what you are.

I don’t personally mix stimulants(when I used to use them) with alcohol because they already dehydrate me enough and the last thing I need is something additional to make me dehydrated. Yet, I have heard of some people who mix 2-3 beers with their stimulant and know to keep it like that because they are aware of the effects stimulants can have when drinking. (Drinking more than you can really handle)
Because one is a CNS stimulant and the other is a CNS depressant (they counteract each other). I used to take alprazolam 1mg whenever I took too much meth (~30mg) when I'm experimenting with doses and ROA, I will start to have tachycardia (and sometimes acute hypertension). Alprazolam resolves anxiety and tachycardia (although acute hypertension would still be there), but after about 4 hours, I started to feel anxiety again (since alprazolam leaves the system quicker than meth) so I dose another 1mg as long as meth exists my system. I don't think taking something that counteracts is good for cardiac health in long term (but I don't do it anymore), but benzodiazepines are the first line of treatment for stimulant overdose in ER.