• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse and L-Tyrosine

bey0nd

Greenlighter
Do you think co-administration of Vyvanse and L-Tyrosine could cause less d-amphetamine to be synthesized from the Vyvanse? Could L-Tyrosine be competing for the same enzymes as the L-Lysine in the Vyvanse is?

I really do not know about the L-Tyrosine but would not mix it and I too take Vyvanse 70mg a day and the dextroamphetamine is not synthesised from Vyvanse it binds with lysine in the stomach and mostly in the small intestine,altho it may be d-lysine or something to activate the dextroaphetamine in Vyvanse to make it an active drug..thats why any non oral use of Vyvanse is worthless as injection or snorting it bypassess the stomach and small intestines where the lysine occurs natutrally in whatver form its in and clings to and "activates " the Vyvanse turning it's dexamfetamine (thats what it is before binding with the internall Lysine in the oral route ,and it is spelles like that also no a typo) into dextroaphetamine ..i wondered about additional supplemenets of lysinse actually altho it ocurs naturally in the body in several forms as it is an essential amino acid produced by the body,I wonder what form is in the intestines that binds with and changes the structure of Vyvamse into active dextroamphetamine because if I knew I could buy lysine in the proper form maybe at a health food store if the carried the particalr variant of lysine produced and available in the intestines and could make Vyvanse active potentially pre or without oral ingestion for use in other routes of usage!..howver i am not interested enough to find out by researching it and don't think I owuld really snort it if i could activate it without oral dosage ,and IV injection would be a possibility but I think that I have done enough IV injections over the years of variuos pills and powders,my veins don't need the abuse , only for diluadid or heroin powder or the occasional methamphetamine injection which has been a year ago or longer...

Nice to see a fellow South Carolinian here on bl. :)

I think you may be a little mistaken, however. Vyvanse is dextroamphetamine molecule attached to l-lysine and the dextroamphetamine becomes active when the protease enzymes in your intestines (specifically trypsin) cleaves off the l-lysine. The active d-amp is then absorbed through the intestines and enters the bloodstream. I believe that there must be a relatively small amount of protease, as the vyvanse is extended release, so the rate limiting factor for l-lysine cleavage appears to be the amount of protease in your intestines. I'm just asking if my co-administration of l-tyrosine (another protein), or any other protein for that matter could compete for the protease enzymes, therefore causing less l-lysine to be cleaved from d-amp, explaining why my vyvanse has been dull lately.

I would suggest moving this over to Advanced Drug Discussion for a better answer.

But, if trypsin digests both lysine and tyrosine then yes, I believe co-administration of tyrosine would be counterproductive.

definitely not an expert here, but i do know that many amino acids compete for absorbption, so if thia is in fact whats going on, i'd drop the l-tyrosine. IMHO i'd much rather my body get the dexamp out than work on creating extra dopamine and norepinephrine.

Ive read up a little on neurotransmitter supplementation and in my understanding tyrosine is the precurser to dopamine and crosses the blood brain barrier bso supplementing with tyrosine is giving your brain the building blocks for dopamine. So if you deplete alot of dopamine through opiate or stimulate use it could be beneficial to supplement with to get yourself back on an even keel...like when getting clean especialy from opiates it can help with the depression and feelimg back to normal.
As far as using it imbetween amp uses to aid in inhibiting toletance build i dont know. In theory it should work.
In my personal experience ive only used it after getting clean from opiates and amps..mainly opiates.
I actually started with a month and a half supplementation of tryptophan..which is seretonins precurser. I had side effects and thtough research came to find i had seretonin toxicity from supplementing to long, however my depression was completely lifted. Side effects of the toxicity were mild and shirt lived after discontinuing use. It was frequent forgetfulness.
Maybe 3 months later i felt i was starting to get down again and supplemented with tyrosine. Much of my recurring depression was environmental.
Hope this helps. Just listen to your body when supplementing and be sware of any negative symptoms of what you are raking so when you experience them you can immediately identify

I think only other proteins would compete with tyrosine such as tyrosine and tryptophan at same time. The amps not being a protein i think both could jump on board at same time

You should always replete with L-tyrosine combined with the cofactors B6(50-100mgs) and Vit C.(2-5 gms) powdered. This will ensure you have the raw building blocks for the amps etc to work better, avoids tolerance to an extent and has excellent synergy that may even produce further desired effects or symptom mitigation. Just be sure to start @ 500mgs-1gm and check your Blood pressure regularly