• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvance Overdose

Nameuser01

Greenlighter
On Sunday I took roughly 500(I stopped counting after 420)mgs of Vyvance. I've had most of the symptoms of an amphetamine overdose, minus hallucinations, and psychosis type thinking. I am worried about the symptoms that I'm not able to see. Right now I am experiencing a lot of minor muscle discomfort, lightheadedness and a dull discomfort to the sides of where my bladder is. I also feel a tiny bit of confusion and tiredness because I have been awake for almost 48 hours, and my mind is exhausted but my body won't calm down. I searched online about Vyvance overdoses, but they are all much smaller doses than mine, so I am not sure what to expect or how long it will take to detox out of my system. My biggest concern is I'm starting to get very tired and it feels like my brain is going numb. I can't tell if I am in the clear and my I'm just starting to have a giant Vyvance crash or if my body is shutting down on me. I'm sorry for the long post but I am really scared about this.
I am 19m and 115 lbs and am prescribed 30mgs of Vyvance for ADHD and depression. I have never done any sort of drugs or abused prescriptions before.

First, if that concerned seek help. But it does seem you have symptoms of either amphetamine use or comedown not necessarily toxicity. Have you check your HR and BP? Have you eaten or drunk adequate fluids? Can you sleep or do you have access to benzos?

Vyvanse takes a while to kick in and lasts a long time but there does seem to be a rate limiting conversion to d-amp. But at those doses who knows. Why did you take so much?

If you seriously suspect a potentially dangerous overdose from any drug, you should really be thinking about going to the hospital to get checked out. The truth is that Amphetamines, unlike say, Opioids, have a pretty wide therapeutic index and an accompaningly high LD50. I wish we could help you out more, but it's very hard to deduce how severe your overdose is over the internet.

Go see a medical professional if you are truly worried, but we'll be happy to give you as much support as we can in the meantime. I hope you feel better. Stay hydrated, try to eat and try to get some rest if at all possible.

Thank you for your replies and advice. I will continue to drink water and try to sleep it off.