• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 413: Roads

Please review the submissions listed in the first post, and vote for your favorite!

• 1. Xorkoth

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 2. ions

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 3. mal3volent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. chinup

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 5. thegreenhand

• 6. D's

• 7. iTry91

• 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. Hylite

• 10. AutoTripper

• 11. Snafu in the Void

• 12. Illyia99

• 13. JahBeeuS

• 14. Mysterier

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 15. w0lfgang

• 16. Zopiclone Bandit

• 17. Nas47

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #413!

This round's theme is ROADS as selected by your reigning champion: @F.U.B.A.R..

This topic is pretty self-explanatory... or is it? Thesephoto contests are always open to your artistic interpretation, though if your photo is not of a literal road (of any sort), please do at least explain how you feel the photo fits this theme.

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without minimal pre or post editing.

Submissions are now CLOSED Take some photos, or select an existing original photo of yours, and submit it! Spring is upon us, so the world is becoming beautiful again... the perfect time to have a photo contest.

VOTING is now OPEN (FINALLY :rolleyes:). Please take a look at all of the submissions below and VOTE for your favorite! If you're just browsing through here, please vote anyway! It works best when we get as many people voting as possible! ☑️

=====================================================================================

1. Xorkoth
J8mK0JP.jpg

2. ions
MVjWF0P.jpeg

3. mal3volent
15opTke.jpg

4. chinup
20210914-112424.jpg

5. thegreenhand
T4flQyv.jpg

6. D's
21SUpT9.jpeg

7. iTry91

5X68PSb.jpeg

8. F.U.B.A.R
20220601-150632.jpg

9. Hylite

7vYLWGS.jpg

10. AutoTripper
Screenshot-20220521-110221.png

11. Snafu in the Void
20220614-081817.jpg

12. Illyria99
4JUg6Of.jpg

13. JahBeeuS
fCyEjVb.jpg

14. Mysterier
JSIEBSS.jpg

15. w0lfg4ng
xw0tlZW.jpg

16. Zopiclone Bandit

26239896_190165018394674_6573054639110373514_n.jpg

17. Nas47
AZjfu4Y.jpeg

=====================================================================================
LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until April 30th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from May 1st through May 15th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or Imgbb
      • Images can be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Pathfinder Extraordinaire (or another title of your choosing related to the theme)
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time to use the massive cash prize that comes with it* to quit your job and spend the rest of the year traveling in luxury!

*Cash prize is subjective and may or may not include imaginary and/or hallucinatory funds subject to Bluelight staff's whims.

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Last edited:
The new contest is up!

I'll start it off. This is a photo I took on a Colorado trip my girlfriend and I took in 2017. We had just driven out through an 11,000 foot elevation pass in the mountains west of Denver. I had to stop the car to look back at where we had come because it was so beautiful. I've always been pleased with the composition of this photo.

J8mK0JP.jpg

Great picture! I love the mountains just barely silhouetted in the distance, and the composition.

I know where to go to get a good one. Next time I go to the aquaducts.

Where we're going, we don't need roads.

randy rhoads GIF

I intend to submit something for this at some point. I love the road. Does anyone have an aerial shot of the road to Hana?

just typed 'roads' into my google photos and got some good ones, too many, narrowed down to 6:

view from the top of ushguli:

amman:

near my home:

also near my home, the light feels magical to me in this:

atlas mountains:

post storm in the atlas, waiting for the flooded road to get passable:

T4flQyv.jpg

took this last spring in columbus.

i had just gotten out of the inpatient psychiatric hospital after a suicidal break.

i managed to get myself out of the house to go on a run.

the trees were blooming and the sun was setting. it was just so peaceful.

just typed 'roads' into my google photos and got some good ones, too many, narrowed down to 6:

view from the top of ushguli:

amman:

near my home:

also near my home, the light feels magical to me in this:

atlas mountains:

post storm in the atlas, waiting for the flooded road to get passable:

WOW, the two with the mountains are just... wow