View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

vomiting

red22

Bluelighter
Anybody aware of any clinical trials of LSD, psilocybin, or mescalin where vomiting, sometimes referred to as emesis, was reported?

Last edited:
Edit: Human/clinical, not sure what you're looking for but google may help!

Oh yes indeedy!

Well, let's just say I've had my fair share of vomiting after ingesting mushrooms. We always referred to it as puking. Hehe, I remember one time after ingesting probably around 5 grams I bent over on all fours on the basement carpet and I was saying to my friends, "There's an organism coming out of me!" while vomiting and we looked at my puke and one friend was like "Dude some kind of specimen just came out of you!"

A shame one couldn't have made it to the toilet right across from the basement door up the stairs. :\

Last edited:
Anybody aware of any clinical trials of LSD, psilocybin, or mescalin where vomiting, sometimes referred to as emesis, was reported?

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1011615-overview

For someone to experience emesis on LSD, a massive overdose would have had to occured. Red22, what exactly are you trying figure out here? Google is the logical choice for your question, and it seems quite peculiar if I may say.

only heard of such a thing with shrooms...
never LSD. No one I ever hung out with nor myself have puked while tripping LSD.

Vomiting tends to harsh my mellow - why are you interested red?

Ive had stomach discomfort on the come up after ingesting LSD but never nauseated to the point of vomiting. Never had an issue with mushrooms, although Ive only shroomed maybe half a dozen times before.

Most drugs make me vomit except for LSD and other lysergamides. I've only vomited once on LSD, probably because I was also snorting coke and the nasal drip made me gag.

Felt close to puking at times on san pedro, no problems with shrooms or acid though!

I've never vomited on LSD or Mushrooms, (though some nausea is sometimes present for me on higher dose mushroom trips), but I have purged on the Cactus before. It was actually quite pleasant at the time. Felt like I was ridding myself of excess toxins and negative energies. Therapeutic purging.

Forrer M.D., Gordon R. Richard D. Goldner, M.D. Experimental Physiological Studies with Lysergic Acid Diiethylamide (LSD-25). AMA Archives of Neurology & Psychiatry. 1951, 65(5):581-588. doi:10.1001/archneurpsyc.1951.02320050038004.

DOWNLOAD

In a total of 42 treatments, vomiting was experienced three times. (p. 583)

Thanks for the input. :) I've puked from LSD come-ups twice; and almost puked a third time. In one insatnce, I took tabs from the same strip two days later and didn't get any nausea at all.

I think non-psychoactive botanical chemicals are the reason for the increased incidence of vomiting with shrooms, ayahuasca, and cacti. I think they can contribute to vomiting.

Last edited:
Cacti is a very different beast to mescaline (A/B extracted). Mescaline causes zero nausea - with cacti I vomited twice and shit myself once.

Cacti is a very different beast to mescaline (A/B extracted). Mescaline causes zero nausea - with cacti I vomited twice and shit myself once.

Really? I've heard that mescaline HCl is still very hard on your stomach.
I assumed it would be like how pharmahuasca still produces the same nausea as ayahuasca

Ayahuasca/oral DMT is the only thing I tend to puke on...never had problems with anything else.

Really? I've heard that mescaline HCl is still very hard on your stomach.
I assumed it would be like how pharmahuasca still produces the same nausea as ayahuasca

I still throw my guts up on pharmahuasca but I think that's something to do with the serotonin rather than the stomach upset of the plant material. I never feel any nausea until the DMT starts hitting - then I feel a sudden massive urge to vomit - very strange feeling and different to normal vomiting - then once I've vomited it tends to clear up into a great bodyhigh.

Cactus is different - it's definately nausea caused by having a big lump of cactus in your gut. With the extracted mescaline I never felt any nausea at all.