• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Voice changes/cracking with Meth use?

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
Pretty sure I got this therapeutic meth use down, taking roughly 20-30mg/day. Lately i've noticed my voice cracking, is this a common symptom of Meth use? Any way to resolve it?

Chronic amphetamine use can do this. It happens to me as well. I take a daily dose of 30-60mg adderall a day and have noticed that my voice will become very scratchy a low. Not too sure the exact reason behind this but my assumption (which is not something you should take to heart without further investigation/research) is that dehydration plays a big role in this.
Keep hydrated so your mouth and throat dont dry out. Chronic dehydration will strain vocal cords causing loss of voice.

Hoarseness is listed on the less common side effects of amphetamine and extrapolating from this I'd say it's safe to assume that your voice changes are a side effect of your meth use.

As Mr.Deeds said, drinking enough water may help a little, other than that I think laying of the meth is your best bet

If you're smoking or snorting it that could be a big factor as well, both can cause a good deal of irritation in the throat

Not smoking/snorting, just ingesting. Drinking lots of water seems to help, I seem to only have issues later on in the day once i've reached my peak dosage.

Not smoking/snorting, just ingesting. Drinking lots of water seems to help, I seem to only have issues later on in the day once i've reached my peak dosage.

This is right on par with my voice changing as well. I won't get any voice issues until i take my midday dose (15-30mg in the morning most days, 15mg in the afternoon unless it's a study day then I will double it.) around 2 or 3pm, by 6-7pm I will start noticing the strain on my voice. The CNS effects dont last that long anymore and I usually start to feel the body load around that time as well, which makes me wonder if the comedown compounds the dehydration and makes the voice harness more pronounced .

It happens and is kind of unavoidable. The type of dehydration that no amount of water will fix. The shit dries you out from the inside out. Honestly this is a sign, however subtle, that you need to take a break/tolerance break. It's not supposed to cause side effects like that. And 30mg is a high dosage. It is 2x-6x the dosage prescribed medically.

It happens and is kind of unavoidable. The type of dehydration that no amount of water will fix. The shit dries you out from the inside out. Honestly this is a sign, however subtle, that you need to take a break/tolerance break. It's not supposed to cause side effects like that. And 30mg is a high dosage. It is 2x-6x the dosage prescribed medically.

You're talking about m-amp dosage correct? not adderall? 30mg of adderall is pretty standard.

You're talking about m-amp dosage correct? not adderall? 30mg of adderall is pretty standard.
Yes m-amp dosage (was responding to OP). Which is a totally different beast to adderall even in low doses IMO. People say that medically they are considered equipotent, I've also heard amp 2/3 as potent as m-amp. Maybe at a 5mg dosage sure. But anything more than 10 maybe 15 mg m-amp is an entirely different animal. This is all speaking strictly from my experience so other's mileage may vary.

Yes m-amp dosage (was responding to OP). Which is a totally different beast to adderall even in low doses IMO. People say that medically they are considered equipotent, I've also heard amp 2/3 as potent as m-amp. Maybe at a 5mg dosage sure. But anything more than 10 maybe 15 mg m-amp is an entirely different animal. This is all speaking strictly from my experience so other's mileage may vary.

Yeah, m-amp is a beast of a drug 8o. It's like supercharged adderall. That said I have crazy-high tolerances to stimulants, and i'm a giant dude. I mean I was prescribed 120mg (4x30mg) of Adderall a day for 3 or 4 years, so 30mg/day of m-amp isn't too crazy (relatively speaking).

Have an opportunity to take a break from it here soon, although i'm on the fence about it. Probably best to start a different thread.

It happens and is kind of unavoidable. The type of dehydration that no amount of water will fix. The shit dries you out from the inside out.

Got that right, my sinuses have never been clearer. It's like i'm taking crazy amounts of decongestants, which I technically am, right?

^ You are, L-meth is the active ingredient in the vicks decongestant nasal inhalers in fact.

Same here. The opiates make me real scratchy (at high doses) but stims produce a hoarseness that is distinct from opioid use. My voice gets very quiet and scratchy as opposed to the coarse but still audible/loud enough speaking volume that happens from opiates IME.

Stims= Whispery scratchy voice that sounds like it has been shot from yelling at a concert all night.

Opiates=Coarse deep voice (like puberty hit a second time around along with chronic chainsmoking) that can still be heard at a regular volume.

ZOMG! Look what Meth does to the Brain in Low-Doses, ZOMG! It’s a miracle medication! It promotes enhanced Neurogenesis! Look!:
5sYauDk.png

LpVn4k0.jpg

Non Low-Dose Meth-Users:

iTd6FRk.jpg

ZOMG! The CIA came after me! The CIA Low-Doses Meth! It makes them smart! It makes them intelligent, the Central INTELLIGENCE Agency, DUH! Look! They even said so! They said Meth was “Growing My Brain” Look!:

LD75tuo.jpg

KhT2FPP.jpg

j9jBQVA.jpg

Non Low-Dose Meth Users:

iTd6FRk.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is way off topic and not meant to be a " look who's better " between two members. There is no harm reduction here whatsoever and doesn't belong in other drugs. The topic was that meth gives someone a crackling voice and not for spamming with you tube videos. We have plenty of social forums for this kind of content. Please keep to the topic at hand and reserve your personal opinions of each other to a minimum.