• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Vivitrol

projectswift

Greenlighter
Please dont judge me but my last vivitrol shot was June 13 2022. Todays date is July 15 2022. I have a script of vicodin. How long should I wait to take the vicodin until the Vivitrol wears off? Thanks!

Hard to say, I only have experience with the naltrexone pills which I'd say to wait 5-7 days for. The shot would probably linger in your system a fair bit longer as that is sort of the point.

Are you sure you want to use the Vicodin? You made the decision to go on the shot at some point and it's difficult to get on it as you have to abstain for 10 days leading up to it. Would you be able to do that again if your use got out of control?

I'm not saying don't do it, that's your decision to make. Just make sure you're weighing up the decision when you make it.

I've also only got experience with naltrexone tablets, not the injection. Since it is a monthly injection I'm only going to assume that it takes approximately a month to wear off. I don't have time at the moment to look in to the pharmacodynamics but I'm sure you could google and find it pretty easily. It might be a bit hard to interpret the info though if you're not used to looking at scientific reports.

Anyway, if you take vicodin now, a month after your last injection, it will either work or it won't 🤷‍♀️

But DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT take higher doses of vicodin in an attempt to get high, if you're not feeling anything. Your opioid tolerance will have gone down, and if you don't feel the high it is only because there is still naltrexone in your system, NOT because you need to take more. Taking more opiates in this scenario can be very dangerous, even fatal.

Lastly, as Eligiu said, you were prescribed the vivitrol for a reason. Are you sure you want to go back to using pain pills again so soon? Weigh up the pros and cons, and whether you truly need the painkillers and if there are any alternatives.