• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vivitrol

MotorCityHustle

Greenlighter
Hey guys new to the forum. I just want to start by saying I got the vivitrol 23 days ago, and the cravings seemed to be worse I've tried using the last 13 days with little or no effect. I was going to NA but stopped. Hanging with people I shouldn't. I was thinking of getting another shot to see if the second one helps or not. Another question since the dope isn't going to my receptors or barely is if I just stop all together am I going to get sick? I just want to stop altogether. The cravings have just been through the roof. Thanks to all.

I'm new also I got this shot 11 days ago. The social worker told me that if i used I'd be sick. Not believing him i used herion 5 days ago. And i feel like im withdrawing. I only used twice but im nauseous having bad headaches and having anxiety attacks oh yeah not sleeping. Just wanted to see if anyone is having effects like me.

Motor city, I'm also here in the D! And yeah I'm 35 days into my first shot and still can't get high!!! I've used and felt no WDs tho, probably because I'm not getting high

If you look on the Wikipedia page it says it showed no difference in vivitrol and placebo in studies on its effectiveneas for opiate addiction but said it works really good for alcoholism. So I think the doctors are just hoping the placebo effect works on you.

absolutely hated vivitrol. made me feel anxious and moody and crawling in my skin. it was worse the beginning of the month and got better as it wore off. then another one in the ass. I wasn't even opioid dependent when I was on it. did it for like 7 months. made cravings worse and would be counting down the days to get high and i didn't even have a habit when i started. and no it doesn't get better shitty for like two months after my last shot. I think mine was dosed too high. I couldn't get high for like 6 weeks after it and then it was mild. don't believe the hype, this shit is fucking garbage. funny how many people get this for 'free'. being as its like 1000 bucks a shot and can't help but feel like that money could be better used for 'real' treatment.

its a miracle drug! yeah go fuck yourself. =D

absolutely hated vivitrol. made me feel anxious and moody and crawling in my skin. it was worse the beginning of the month and got better as it wore off. then another one in the ass. I wasn't even opioid dependent when I was on it. did it for like 7 months. made cravings worse and would be counting down the days to get high and i didn't even have a habit when i started. and no it doesn't get better shitty for like two months after my last shot. I think mine was dosed too high. I couldn't get high for like 6 weeks after it and then it was mild. don't believe the hype, this shit is fucking garbage. funny how many people get this for 'free'. being as its like 1000 bucks a shot and can't help but feel like that money could be better used for 'real' treatment.

its a miracle drug! yeah go fuck yourself. =D

so it took6 weeeks til you could feel dope. Interesting as today marks my 36 day since receiving the injection and tried snorting a quarter of a bag of Ecp. yesterday and couldn't feel aThing! Do you think the effects of getting high are still diminished to the point it's not worth using 6 weeks after the injection?! I'm dying to get high and am curious as to how much you dosed the first time after being on the shot and what your thoughts are. Or anyone's for that matter :)

If you look on the Wikipedia page it says it showed no difference in vivitrol and placebo in studies on its effectiveneas for opiate addiction but said it works really good for alcoholism. So I think the doctors are just hoping the placebo effect works on you.

I am no fan of Vivitrol, but it was oral naltrexone therapy and not Vivitrol that was no better than placebo.