• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vivitrol really does linger

Keif' Richards

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Yea, that's pretty much the breaks man. It sucks, but you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Sadly, the problem here is the medication doing exactly what it's supposed to do ;) I know it sucks, but you'll be back to normal soon. I've always been frightened of the Vivitrol (Naltrexone Controlled-Release Injection). What if I get in a car accident or break my leg? I know in theory, this is easily treatable with powerful Opioids like Remifentanil, but I also know that in practice, the ER doctor is not likely to prescribe anything above 2mg Hydromorphone every 6 hours.

This is an issue that I've actually spent a lot of time wondering about. The folks who sell Vivitrol will say that you can still be treated for pain so long as the prescribing doc is aware of your treatment protocol. But, like I said, I have a very bad feeling regarding what docs are actually going to do to someone in a position like this. Again, this is scary shit to me.

I'd love to hear experiences from those who have been through similar stuff?

O it's great for those who need or want it. BUT I WAS FORCED lol. I'm a female by the way but being called man dont bother me lol. Now day 39 and just a hint of euphoria is there. But I feel for those that try to break through. Way to dangerous! You have to just wait...which I have had this script for a month and have waited..impatiently. but knew this shit will block it so why waste ya know.
No one should be forced on this shot, like me. Because I had one relapse

O. And they would almost have to induced a coma and be put on breathing machines for the high level of pain medicine they would have to provide. Otherwise....here's IB profen have a nice day.