• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vivitrol/Heroin - I feel horrible and it never gets better or ends.

tweakette

Bluelighter
So I went to accelerated detox where they sedate you and detox you in 3-4 days from heroin using naltrexone. Instead of the usual 7-10. I have really bad withdrawals and always end up in hospital at least once from the nonstop vomiting and diarrhea.

anyways, I felt good on the 4th day and then they came in with vivitrol shot. Once I got it I felt like hell, my skin started burning, body aches, etc.

I am so weak still going on 23 days post shot, I wake up with horrific body aches where I just thrash and thrash. I sneeze constantly. I still have severe gastro issues. I’m sweaty and freezing constantly. I have horrible anxiety and depression. I can barely walk....

I try light exercise, I eat, I take supplements. But everyday I wake up and it’s not even slightly better.

Last time I did this I got 70-80 day naltrexone implant. I didn’t start to feel better until around day 81. When it was suppose to have dissolved.

Anyone else have side effects from the vivitrol shot and they got better around 28 days when it’s suppose to dissolve??? Cuz I can’t take it anymore.....

I have absolutely no idea about the vivitrol but after four years daily oxy use . Most days in upwards of 500 mf mg I tried getting off them and after two weeks of withdrawals from hell that were only supposed to last three four days tops I decided fuck it il wait till the health services take me off them but what got me was after a week everyone I know telling me it was in my head and no way after three days should I still be in P.A.W.S well I know I was because I had a shit ton of comfort meds like Benzos and Gaba P and after fourteen days of agony I went back in
One good thing to come from it though is I’m still only on a qtr of my previous dose a year down the line
Anyway I just wanted to give you a reply to distract you if even only for a minute. Hang in there bud you are doing better than a lot of us