• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Vivitrol and meth struggles

Sdob07

Greenlighter
I’m so scared and unsure when I google anything it’s always about switching FROM subs to vivitrol; never the other way around; I know the methadone I have bought/saved/left over would be a waste right now since it hasn’t even been 20 days since my vivatrol shot so I want to save that for emergencies but I have an abundance of RX suboxone so I’m just shooting in the dark… just turned 25 female I have such an amazing family and life why am I so hooked on opiates ;(((((( ?!??? Since I’ve been back from rapid detox / had the vivitrol shot I’ve been desperate enough to be snorting freaking meth… I’ve always been a junkie; not a tweaker; but with the vivitrol blocking everything I’ve ever loved I see no other option.

Don't take this as gospel, but I think the naltrexone will block most of the "nice effects" of the bupe, but you should be okay trying it without throwing yourself into withdrawals or anything.

I think it'll end up just being a waste of bupe though. Maybe wait until you're almost ready for your next injection before taking the bupe. Provided that you aren't gonna be getting the vivitrol when still under the influence of the bupe.

To your other question, all I can say is that opiates don't discriminate. I know your stereotypical junkies are the dregs of society, but it doesn't work that way. Opiates feel fucking amazing and unfortunately just trying them once can lead a lot of people to want to be on them continuously.

I hope you find some way of figuring out how to quit or at least moderate your use

I hope your doing alright! Can smoke weed? Try that, meth is equally dangerous as far as losing everything.