• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Vitamin D deficiency may increase risk for addiction to opioids

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

Very interesting... Well, better go work on my tan :D

from personal experience im quite high on vitamin d, and i wont forget the opiates. it just doesnt work like that.
this study must be analyzed better as i do not have the patience. something is off here....

from personal experience im quite high on vitamin d, and i wont forget the opiates. it just doesnt work like that.
this study must be analyzed better as i do not have the patience. something is off here....
Have you ever been low in vitamin D after getting into opis? That would be a data point you need for your statement to be a valid refutation of the study results.

Also, any study done on addiction will necessarily be isolating individual factors to study them. This is so that they can assess causality. Due to this it is harder to compare the whole impact in a system where factors are not isolated like addiction in real people who aren't lab rats. That doesn't mean these things cannot factor into addiction, just that they are almost never going to be magic bullets.

Very interesting... Well, better go work on my tan :D

Well Vitamin D *comes* from UV rays so craving them is understandable. Also, Vitamin D deficiancy causes both a low mood and bodily aches and pains. Again, that state would be improved my using opioids.