• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbate) For Opiate Withdrawal Really Works

Mbear

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

Before I start, let me give you a brief history of my opiate use. I started around the age of 16 dabbling with prescription pills like codeine and hydrocodone recreationally. My appetite grew quickly and I was consuming 100mgs of hydrocodone (sadly with all the apap as this was before cwe became widely spread on the Internet. By the age of 19 I was getting into heroin and used about 3-4 times a week, insufflated. This went on for about two years. Then I got into banging oxy when my heroin plugs went dry. I've used pretty much anything I could get my hands on throughout my twenties including high doses of kratom. This was mainly because I have been living abroad in a place where traditional opiates are just not available.

Fast forward to now I'm in my early 30's and have developed quite the addiction to tianeptine. I have been using about two grams a day for the past six months and the physical addiction is very evident. I would have to dose at least twice a day to keep withdrawals at bay.

So anyways, my supply ran dry and frantically I scoured the internet for home remedies for opiate withdrawal and came across vitamin C, touted as a cure for opiate withdrawal. There are a few scientific studies on it. I was skeptical but desperate, so I tried it.

I have been dosing 4 grams (not milligrams) every four hours of vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbate since it is light on the stomach. I'm at the hour 17 since my last dose of tia and I should be in a special kind of hell right now. However, the vit C has completely stopped all withdrawal symptoms. No incessant yawning and tearing. No body aches. No rls. No diarrhea (which can be a side effect of megadosing vit C). I can sleep uninterrupted.

I'm completely shocked. I suggest this regimen for those looking to kick on their own or those who just ran out of supply. Much healthier than lope.

I've tried both. Loperamide, even with doses 80mgs + have only ever reduced symptoms by about 50% for me. I'm talking 100% with megadosing vitamin C

I was thinking the same thing. I am skeptical to say the least and it sounds like the placebo effect could be coming into play.

That's interesting let us know how it goes. Just because its not proven to help doesn't mean its not effective. Eating lots of raw garlic greatly helped me through alcohol withdrawal and as far as I know this isn't suggested in any literature. Its healthy to be skeptical but we must also realize there's much more we don't know than what we do.

You were talking about withdrawing from tianeptine right? How are you feeling now?

It worked extremely well as explained above. I used it for about two days until I ran out. I still had some lingering withdrawal symptoms for about 4 more days after that. But at least I was able to sleep for the first two. When I say first two days, I mean the first two of full blown withdrawal. So it was actually like days 2-3.

Now, this has been found in literature and a google search will provide more testimonies on it.

Here's one source:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0928468005000374

Here's a website outlining the procedure:

https://opiateaddictionsupport.com/how-to-use-vitamin-c-for-opiate-withdrawal/

I assure you this was not placebo. I was as skeptical as you guys are. However, I was desperate and gave it a try. It worked like a charm