• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

visual wax inspection

dabyeezy

Greenlighter
I just got some wax and am wondering if there are any easy ways to tell if wax is homemade or professional quallity. I have pictures available

Put up the pictures. There are different wax types, butane extracted, CO2 extracted, shatter, peanut butter, I think amber glass is considered wax in some places (or at least my shop does).

A hallmark of "homemade" or amateur wax is bubbles or other impurities that werent properly purged from the finished product. Bubbles often indicate residual butane in the wax, and smoking butane cant be good.

I dont know if its just my medical shops but the best wax IMO is the stuff that looks like straight earwax.

Consistency and color are the two easiest ways to tell.

Generally the lighter the color the better.

Consistency: it can look like wax, very crumbly or with lots of detail. Or it can be shatter (glassy appearance). If it looks like a puddle that's bad (aka "poop soup"--this will often be dark in color as well).

Professional vs amateur is subjective though. It's federally illegal so even people with state licenses in Colorado aren't really professionals in the traditional sense. You really just want it made by someone who knows what they're doing (and preferably should have some experience).

But most importantly, especially if it's butane-extracted....they should be extracting using a CLOSED LOOP system. They start at about 6k and go up from there--but once you have one you'll be making clean and safe medicine every time.

ime isomerized (pro-grade) hash resembles earwax and butane wash produces glassy amber-coloured stuff.