• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

visual disturbances after snorting street heroin

zm177e2

Greenlighter
I recently purchased and snorted some dope that has left me concerned... It was all from the same person and all bags had the same stamp, the first few bags got me pretty high but tasted a little bit chemy almost like oxycodone.. they also gave me bad double vision, i bought a bunch more, same stamp and noticed they were.fatter, tasted more chemy and didnt get me high, but they have left me with vision problems and a hoarse voice. I havent done any of it since yesterday and my vision is still blurry and i am finding it somewhat difficult to focus in on things that are close up without closing one eye. My voice is still hoarse as well. I did some googling and see that.these are the effects of quinine and that it is used to cut dope. I am scared, is my vision permanently damaged?? Has anyone else here ever had a similar experience. I did about 20 bags of this stamp over the past few days, all insufflated. I noticed that it was.making me kind of cockeyed but thought that might have been a normal heroin high thing since in new to this but my vision is still messed up and voice is hoarse, eyes arent quite as crooked as they looked initially but i am concerned

I have never before heard of anything like this... anyone?

I have never before heard of anything like this... anyone?

If u are being sarcastic please cut me some.slack.. ive searched up and down for.answers to my specific situation and cant find anything. My vision, although slightly improved is still lousy and voice very hoarse.

Last edited:
The quinine will clear out of your system eventually, calm down and don't do more.

Goodness sakes........hope you get better man. This is one reason why I havent touched heroin, its always cut with different shit, reason why I only stick with pharms.

Just an update, my vision has improved and is almost 100% back to normal.. my voice is also improving but still a bit hoarse. For the.record.i will not be using opiates of any kind ever again, this lil scare was more than enough to let me know that i dont want to ever dabble with that crap again. Until a few days ago i was a regular user of oxycodone, using around 200mg per day. My prescription simply isnt enough to even treat my pain let alone get any recreational value and i cant afford to buy it on the street so i figured id give the dope thing a try.... Now im gonna give the short course of suboxone and getting clean thing a try

I wasn't being sarcastic, dude... I wanted someone to hop up in here and give you some solid feedback. I've never experienced anything like what you've described, and I would be freaking out if my vision started to get blurry...

I have gotten blurry vision from shooting heroin MANY times, although certainly not for DAYS afterward.. Double vision has always been a part of high dose opiates for me. Not jsut heroin, but dilaudid, opana, oxycodone, etc.. It doesn't always happen, but if I do a large shot and get very high, my vision gets kind of crossed where in order to see straight I have to close one eye. It usually goes back to normal after about an hour or two tops, though.

If your heroin is making your vision blurry for days after snorting some bags, I would steer clear of that batch. But I see you have made a good choice, in steering clear of opiates in general. Good luck with sstaying clean!

I have no idea if it's related, but I certainly notice a minor visual blurring/doubling when I get strong effects from kratom. I have built quite a tolerance, so it's been a while since I've gotten such an effect, but it definitely has happened. My voice also always seems to get coarse when I'm flyin' high on opiates.

It never lasted for days though. Usually it barely lasts for the peak then fades off.

Just an update, my vision has improved and is almost 100% back to normal.. my voice is also improving but still a bit hoarse. For the.record.i will not be using opiates of any kind ever again, this lil scare was more than enough to let me know that i dont want to ever dabble with that crap again. Until a few days ago i was a regular user of oxycodone, using around 200mg per day. My prescription simply isnt enough to even treat my pain let alone get any recreational value and i cant afford to buy it on the street so i figured id give the dope thing a try.... Now im gonna give the short course of suboxone and getting clean thing a try

mhmm...
sorry man i hope thats true but everyone thats done opiates, and ESPECIALLY everyone thats been an abuser or addicted and has gone so far as to have done heroin knows that is never true, almost never.

Are you talking about diplopia/double vision? If you close one eye, is it easier to focus? If so, that's exceedingly common with heroin or really any potent opioids or other sedating drugs.

A hoarse voice is also common with opioids.

Stop worry, man. :) If you didn't like these side effects, take less or none at all!

I have gotten blurry vision from shooting heroin MANY times, although certainly not for DAYS afterward.. Double vision has always been a part of high dose opiates for me. Not jsut heroin, but dilaudid, opana, oxycodone, etc.. It doesn't always happen, but if I do a large shot and get very high, my vision gets kind of crossed where in order to see straight I have to close one eye. It usually goes back to normal after about an hour or two tops, though.

If your heroin is making your vision blurry for days after snorting some bags, I would steer clear of that batch. But I see you have made a good choice, in steering clear of opiates in general. Good luck with sstaying clean!
ah ye ol’ one eye function trick. every time aha!