• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Visiting the online shrine for a drug forum's dead

Will people ever learn what HR is actually about? No, we are not promoting regular, heavy drug use. Instead, we're accepting that people may choose to take drugs, and providing advice for them to stay as safe as they possibly can. Fucking anti-drug prohibitionists. It's so ironic that nobody understands HR, then again, nobody really listens to alcohol or tobacco HR campaigns...

Interest in drugs has increased as Laika said, but not actual use no.

Respectfully, I think there's a bit of denial here. Threads praising some random new RC definitely do increase that RC's sales, and therefore increase drug use.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think drug use should increase. My species has evolved into a population of narcissistic uptight fuckwads, and drugs are one of the best ways to remind us that we're still just pleasure-loving animals.

^ yeah, my experimentation certainly increased for a while there.

With knowledge comes curiosity...and frankly, I grew up thinking I'd been born in the wrong era, having missed the first wave of psychedelic exploration in the west (starting in the 1950s and 'peaking' in the 60s) and only catching the tail-end of the flood of MDMA culture that rose to prominence in the 80s and 90s.

I thought that prohibition had won out, and suppressed any new, exciting (and possibly very dangerous) developments in recreational substance use - and how wrong I was.

But as Lenny Bruce used to say, "knowledge of syphillus is not an instruction to get it."
We may learn about new and/or obscure drugs on bluelight, but within a context of harm reduction and how to approach these novel psychoactive substances as safely and responsibly as possible.

To me it paints an unrealistic picture of this online community - but as a part of it, i have my own bias as to what this place is about.
If someone wants to focus on the worst side of the many sides of bluelight, that is their choice...but I still think it is a cheap way of writing about this amazing site/forum/source of information.

yea it wasn't a horrible article and it didnt attack us really but i dont really like how it was written and the authors REACHES with a lot of into.....thousands of examples in the shrine?

Bluelight is an amazing resource. For free. It has probably saved hundreds or thousands of lives.
I hate to see writers portray it as anything less.

and i quote...

"Bluelight’s mission to educate and provide community to drug users of every stripe inevitably puts users close to death."

what a fucking dickhead. nuff said

Does anybody know anyone whose drug use has increased because of this forum?

imo bluelight probably does feed some people's drug fixation in a way that results in increased use. i don't think there's any way to quantify that, though. and also i don't see how that even matters, i mean people need to take responsibility for their own actions and manage their own behavior regardless. bluelight is essentially a neutral tool, and like any tool it can be misused.

I read the article twice but don't really see how it paints Bluelight in a bad light. Wasn't particularly in-depth and one might question why the person bothered to write it but I thought it painted us fairly as a Harm Reduction site that provided good information to people that need it as well as touching on our biggest strength which is our community.