View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

visible crystals on lsd blotter?

eljapoppo56

Bluelighter
Before I ask this, I'm not asking for a substance ID. I'm not asking if this is LSD or a RC. I'm asking if it is possible to see LSD crystals on blotter or if anyone has ever seen them.

So, my friend has some white on white blotter and they're suuuper small. like smaller than an average dose. The only weird thing is that you can see crystals on the blotter and there's some powder at the bottom of the bag as well. Anyone ever seen this? It's supposedly some really good acid

Definantly not LSD but i may be wrong. Sounds like complexed 25x subtance that is complexed for better bioavalivility. Mine would leave a powder kinda sticky residue on my baggie they were in. Sad that this is hitting the market as acid. But it is a magical substance in its own too! :)

Be safe!

The key thing to identify true LSD blotters is it will look like just paper, no residue, nothing. Also, if it's relevant at all, there shouldn't be a taste to it either. If it tastes bitter or anything other than a "metallic" sensation from sitting under your tongue for to long, it's not acid.

It seems entirely possible that in laying blotter the LSD could be dissolved in a solution that contains some other inert compound such as a sugar or amino acid that might somehow assist the liquid in being taken up by the blotters, or if it started as dry LSD crystal it could have been mixed with another dry powder first (using a variety of mechanical blending tools) to expand the volume and make measuring easier before dissolving in whatever liquid, and it could be this substance that you see in the crystals/powder, though I am not very knowledgeable on procedures of laying acid on blotter.

Anyway the point is that just the presence of another substance visible as crystals/powder does not AUTOMATICALLY mean it is "adulterated" or "not LSD", from what I have read, sometimes other "carriers" or "buffers" etc. ARE used for various reasons as part of the laying technique/process, right?

Also, even though there is no ink to impart a taste in this case, even plain white paper can have a taste, as numerous compounds can be part of the paper production process, it just depends on the particular recipe that was used to make the paper itself, bleaches, binders, etc... even pure wood pulp that is the starting point for paper could have a taste... have you ever chewed on a piece of wood?

Last edited:
Well if they're really small that may rule out a 25x-nbome. I'm pretty sure those are all being dosed individually. I haven't heard of anyone actually laying sheets of a 25x.

It's strange how people are so quick to tell you that your LSD is not real, and even offer suggestions as to what it might be, after being told nothing more than that it's a white crystalline substance. Contrary to internet lore, most purported acid is actually acid, and it's entirely possible that you just have some dank ass blotter.

If you really have crystals and want to identify it, you could probably do it with thin layer chromatography. The Rf for LSD on 250mcm silica with Acetone is 0.58, and it will be a fluorescent spot. TLC equipment is really cheap.

Source: http://library-resources.cqu.edu.au/JFS/PDF/vol_34/iss_3/JFS343890532.pdf

hell yeah thank you guys for all the input, i really appreciate it. i'll ask my friend what they tasted like and get back to y'all

Very helpful post Kapitan, nice one :)

As a reminder please avoid ID discussion guys.

I've seen LSD with visible crystals coating it. Not like chunks of powder, but a fine crystal matrix.

Flies, Eyeballs of 2003 and Mythical Creatures from 2004 had that quality. Those were silver and lavendar for the Mythicals.

On white paper it might be there if it's laid heavily enough except you just can't see it.

Make sure the crystals are embedded into the paper, and not like some powder you can rub off onto your hand.

I realize this thread is old, and it's considered "rude" or whatever to dig up old threads on forums - but whatever, I hardly ever use forums; these days I find that real time chats like IRC, Skype, or simply this thing called "Word of Mouth" are the way to go. :) Anyway, forums still have their place. So please forgive me in advance for digging up this thread but I'm trying to find out some info and this is the best thread I've found on the topic. I was recently at a festival and had the opportunity to take some REALLY good LSD - I would name it, but I think it's better not to... anyway, this stuff was the best I've ever had in my entire life (I'm in my 30's now). Apparently, LSD can also come in different "grades" like weed does, for example swag, middies, headies...

A single dose of this stuff had me seeing full 3D visuals - for the most part with my eyes closed. I literally saw a crowd of angels come down out of the sky and surround me. Taking a piss was incredibly difficult because when I tried, it was ilke I was stuck in a game of minecraft or something - the ground was moving around and dissolving underneath my feet, to the point where I actually felt bad for pissing on the Earth... without going into an entire in depth story, I also saw one of those "shape-shifting reptilians", a guy who "time traveled" to help me out during an intense "mind battle"... and another incredibly funny trip where a car alarm kept going off "randomly" as well as my friend's CD Player in his car suddenly stopped working after hours of playing without any problems - and no, the battery did not die. So yea, there are either different types with actual "Crystal" or the dose I was giving was just incredibly strong; When I took the stuff the guy told me it was "crystal", and it wasn't blotter at all, it was straight liquid. He poured out the drop on my gummy right in front of my face. :)

I realize this thread is old, and it's considered "rude" or whatever to dig up old threads on forums - but whatever, I hardly ever use forums; these days I find that real time chats like IRC, Skype, or simply this thing called "Word of Mouth" are the way to go. :) Anyway, forums still have their place. So please forgive me in advance for digging up this thread but I'm trying to find out some info and this is the best thread I've found on the topic. I was recently at a festival and had the opportunity to take some REALLY good LSD - I would name it, but I think it's better not to... anyway, this stuff was the best I've ever had in my entire life (I'm in my 30's now). Apparently, LSD can also come in different "grades" like weed does, for example swag, middies, headies...

A single dose of this stuff had me seeing full 3D visuals - for the most part with my eyes closed. I literally saw a crowd of angels come down out of the sky and surround me. Taking a piss was incredibly difficult because when I tried, it was ilke I was stuck in a game of minecraft or something - the ground was moving around and dissolving underneath my feet, to the point where I actually felt bad for pissing on the Earth... without going into an entire in depth story, I also saw one of those "shape-shifting reptilians", a guy who "time traveled" to help me out during an intense "mind battle"... and another incredibly funny trip where a car alarm kept going off "randomly" as well as my friend's CD Player in his car suddenly stopped working after hours of playing without any problems - and no, the battery did not die. So yea, there are either different types with actual "Crystal" or the dose I was giving was just incredibly strong; When I took the stuff the guy told me it was "crystal", and it wasn't blotter at all, it was straight liquid. He poured out the drop on my gummy right in front of my face. :)

Thats damn amazing!

i got tabs like that before, they tested out as 2c-b and MXE

This stuff was 100% not 2c-b, I know because I had that about a month before. Don't know what MXE is...

update: just read up on MXE; nope doesn't sound like it at all - I had a very bad experience with Ketamine years ago and refuse to touch the stuff again. This trip was nothing at all like Ketamine. For me, although at the time I accidentally did wayyyyy to much of the stuff, Ketamine made me lose completely motor control, then I went into the so-called "K-hole" where I found myself floating around in a giant bright pink "fish tank" for hours and hours, until I found myself waking up in a random house that I had never seen before in my entire life; got up, walked out to the living room, and found my two friends sleeping. Woke them up asking them "where the hell am I?" where they proceeded to say "Holy shit dude, you're alive! You scared the hell out of us!" Then explained to me how I completely blacked out and they carried me back to a friend's house.

Last edited:
Sounds like it was highly dosed liquid. LSD is LSD for the most part. The difference is in how strong the solution produced is... That is all. So, good for you, you got some awesome liquid. Why didn't you get more for down the road?

If the paper isn't very absorbent or the laying technique did not allow saturation in a certain way when the solution dried then yes I guess seeing crystals is possible. But the dosage is so low that it would have to be a nano film of crystals, a super thin surface of crystalline acid. If it is substantial then it seems exceedingly likely that it's something else. Fluffiness also differs a lot with solids so that doesn't help.. but a few 100 microgram is really hardly visible so it would have to be spectacular conditions to allow it - who is to say if possible.