• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

virus

I’m curious, what does the virus/breed of thoughts represent? It could be so many things.

the definition of a meme is not a funny thing on the internet, but actually a "virus of the mind", an infectious thought, ideal, catchy phrase, political viewpoint or tradition that gets passed around and infects other minds who pass it on.

I read about about it back in the early 2000's

there is a dangerous breed of thoughts,
that operates in us like malware
lost in the layers of code,
it stays
and with time becomes a snare

I love this wording.

the definition of a meme is not a funny thing on the internet, but actually a "virus of the mind", an infectious thought, ideal, catchy phrase, political viewpoint or tradition that gets passed around and infects other minds who pass it on.

I read about about it back in the early 2000's

I had the audacity at the time to cite them as circulands (archaic) instead of memes. The definition of the word has evolved to be more harmonious with the concept.

i love it, you can get stuck in many ways.. and you fail to evolve until you learn to move forward in some way shape or form.... like you are snared by time, keeping you in some sort of situation.

for me, i have spent several hours gaming without realizing how much time may have passed, and kept having the feeling i wasnt getting anything done, until i learned to achieve better moderation with my hobby.