Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Violent vomiting 2-3 hours after Magic mushrooms

DanielGoings

Greenlighter
Hi

I have tried to search the internet and couldnt get any answers really - I have been violent vomiting after taking cubensis homegrown. As far as i can tell there is no mold in the substrate - drying proces was quick less than 24 hours. First time i expirienced it was dried and put into gelatine capsules and dosage was 4g - After 3 hours i was violent puking until i had nothing left in my stomach and was pouring sweat - My partner didnt feel any discomfort - I was fasting beforehand.

Second time i was doing 40g fresh cubensis - Same thing after abour 2 hours i was violently puking and feel sick for about 3 hours until the trip was over - My partner ate about 100g and no discomfort and even gas. I have no idea why this is happening. I have done shrooms many times and this is the first time i have felt this lvl of discomfort. I really hope someone can help me because its so bad i feel like never doing it again :-(

Yes some people can't digest mushrooms. Try the synthetic form or switch to lysergide.

Grind dried mushrooms in a food processor, soak in almost boiling hot water and juice of a half lemon for 10-15 minutes, stirring vigorously every couple of minutes. Strain and squeeze the mushroom and save liquid and soak again in a new batch of water and lemon. Strain and squeeze again, combine the 2 liquids, sweeten a bit if you like, and drink. The mushroom powder you can dispose of.
Much quicker come up, stronger trip, less nausea.

Some of the nausea derives from the plant matter, so extracting the active alkaloids with this method you avoid that.

Also, if you have a big quantity of mushroom available, dry it all and grind it all together, this way you will standardize the powder to have the same potency by weight.

Sorry to hear that... it's interesting you never had any trouble before.

The mushroom matter (they are not plants) can cause indigestion to some extent, have you had any related issues lately? The above tea method is a form of extraction. An alcoholic extraction is a little better and methanol is even better than that but not recommended since you have to get rid of it first before consumption. The acidic tea is the easiest.

Tryptamines could also affect 5-HT3 causing nausea. Switching to synthetic tryptamines wouldn't help with that but ondansetron would.

People are affected differently by different things, and just like with allergies that tolerance for things can change during your life because there often are so many factors. I'm afraid there is no other way for you than to try and deduce which of the possibilities applies to you. To do that, just try again isolating or remedying factors so that certain others remain: mushroom tea, synthetic tryptamines and both of those with or withour ondansetron.

I guess one of the ways to be unable to get rid of the cause is if you were to make a tea and extract any mycotoxins from some mold, even if that mold is not alive anymore. However one would expect your partner to suffer from that as well and not just you alone two times.

Sorry to hear that... it's interesting you never had any trouble before.

The mushroom matter (they are not plants) can cause indigestion to some extent, have you had any related issues lately? The above tea method is a form of extraction. An alcoholic extraction is a little better and methanol is even better than that but not recommended since you have to get rid of it first before consumption. The acidic tea is the easiest.

Tryptamines could also affect 5-HT3 causing nausea. Switching to synthetic tryptamines wouldn't help with that but ondansetron would.

People are affected differently by different things, and just like with allergies that tolerance for things can change during your life because there often are so many factors. I'm afraid there is no other way for you than to try and deduce which of the possibilities applies to you. To do that, just try again isolating or remedying factors so that certain others remain: mushroom tea, synthetic tryptamines and both of those with or withour ondansetron.

I guess one of the ways to be unable to get rid of the cause is if you were to make a tea and extract any mycotoxins from some mold, even if that mold is not alive anymore. However one would expect your partner to suffer from that as well and not just you alone two times.

Thanks for the indepth answer

I have not suffered anything related to indigestion lately, and i think i will try the tea method to see if that helps - My cakes look healthy and the shrooms was from 1st harvest and 3rd harvest and seems to be healty enough to produce harvest 3 times?

Im trying to avoid synthetic tryptamines and keeping my whole psychedellic journey on a private basis - hence why homegrowing seemed like the perfect setup - Plus the wife supports the idea of natural psychedelic and i like the part of it being a first before alchemy was discovered :)

Im trying to avoid synthetic tryptamines and keeping my whole psychedellic journey on a private basis - hence why homegrowing seemed like the perfect setup - Plus the wife supports the idea of natural psychedelic and i like the part of it being a first before alchemy was discovered :)

Growing your own thus not having to purchase illegal substances brings certain advantages, such as not having to interact with anyone related to criminal activities, and knowing what substances you are getting high on.

Synthetic psychedelics are nothing but a variation on a known structure, and the ones that can be found in nature are no better or worse as drugs because of this different origins.

I understand that for many people the fear of arrest, being given something different than promised, and no familiarity with illicit drug trade can be serious obstacles to a more varied substance collection, but "natural is better than synthetic" doesn't really hold any truth in a pharmacological sense.

I was once told by a mushroom vendor in Amsterdam (in the days when Paddoes were not illegal to sell) to chew the raw mushrooms well before swallowing - because the enzymes in our saliva help to break down the substances in the fungi that can cause stomach upset. This seemed to do the trick for me. I understand that using gel caps avoids the awful taste, but a few minutes of holding your nose and convincing yourself that you won't retch or throw up might save hours of upset at the worst time of all - when tripping! Try it and see - just like the apprehension anxiety that precedes a major acid dose, you'll forget the pre-trip yuck as you lose yourself in delight :)