• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Violence in clubs

I always feel sketchy as hell rocking up to a rave club compared to when i rock up to a alternative club. Im always paranoid as hell leaving those sorta clubs at 4-5am and walking past all the groups of people loitering around outside. I felt this way even before i got punched in the face for giving some guy a smoke (What a asshat!). The violence and dodgeyness is what keeps me from going out to these sorts of places in melbourne, i just dont feel safe at all. When i compare it to alternative clubs it seems the people that go there are less likely to start trouble, sure it does happen from time to time but its no where near as violent as what ive seen/read about with the rave scene.

I don't know which rave clubs you're going to that are full of violence, maybe it's different in melbourne, but here it's the rave places that feel pretty safe, and it's the mainstream clubs you want to avoid if you're looking to stay out of trouble.

Im not exactly saying they are overflowing with violence just that i see it alot more at these places when i do go compared to the emo/metal type clubs. The main one im talking about has picked up their act quite a bit from a year or two ago through the use of no pass outs (how ever much of a pain in the neck that is) It's helped curb the violence a bit, but its still there. Violence happens at most night spots i guess and quite a bit of it comes down to bad luck or being in the wrong place at the wrong time (if your the one whos not looking for trouble)

Yeah, I won't deny that rave venues have a propensity to draw a dodgy crowd. There's one club in adelaide in particular, I'm sure everyone knows which one it is, rave venue, it's a great place on a good night when the ravers outnumber the sketchers, but on generic nights it's full of drunk wankers who wander in and tweaked out bogans who just want as many drugs as possible, and on those nights I wouldn't touch the place with a 10 foot pole, which is sad because that sketchy image gets connected to the rave scene, despite most actual ravers being nothing of the sort. Doesn't help that there's an RnB place nextdoor (or used to be, I'm not sure if it's still open), there's a lot of conflict between the two crowds.

I think as long as you avoid those places on the 'bad' nights (and it's generally pretty obvious which ones those are) and just steer yourself away from the obviously aggressive/agitated/criminal individuals, you're more or less safe. I've been going out to rave clubs for years and never had an issue, even though I've been out by myself a handful of times and I'm physically not the most intimidating guy.

But overall, I find most of the violence comes from mainstream venues and the consumption of large amounts of alcohol/stimulants (and increasingly, I think, adulterated ecstasy). Guys with egos who need to prove their masculinity, fights over women, men competing for female attention, too much alcohol, racial tension, and to play on the old stereotype, steroids maybe, and you get left with a bad combination that often ends in violence.

Like I said earlier though, I think the vast majority of nightlife violence that occurs would be easily avoided if one side or the other stepped down. Usually it's a confrontation between two individuals that escalated because they refuse to back away, not just some random act of aggression towards an unoffending punter. It's all about how you act and who you keep company with.

Last edited:
Recently did a security course and have been told that story a few times by my lecturers.
Kinda put me off a bit as I love clubbing.

Thinking of doing a bar course and getting a job at a club and maybe do a little door work on the side.

yes, nothing will ever be the same again. lol. although i've only really been put off by the hardstyle crowd down in Melb (the only time i've ever been threatened as a security was by those idiots, then they ended up pulling a gun after i'd gone home later that night & were consequently banned from holding any events at our venue ever again).

that said though, most of my time has been spent in the live music scene, which is more my thing anyway, and beer drinking bogans are fairly easy to maintain in groups. also, when people pay a decent amount of money to see a band, they're not ultra-keen on the idea of being thrown out. lol... thus they are more likely to behave themselves and comply with you.

in my entire security career, the only drugs i ever found was a single pill (in a baggy) at a metal night, 'round october last year. someone had dropped it near the bar. for all the dodgy doof-doof recoveries we hosted, no drugs ever surfaced, although people being fucked up meant i found two fifty dollar notes (at separate intervals) in the same night once :D

hey, you snooze, lose!!! and you develop perfect night vision when you work in crowd control, hehehe. i got into it partly so that i'd stop being trashy and going out on fri/sat nights, and start earning money instead, so it worked for me in that sense. the venues i would still go to, to have a good time, haven't changed for me... although i'm still the idiot noticing who's falling asleep or skulking in the shadows and when there's men in the womens toilets etc etc. you can never fully snap out of it... but ah well... it pays to be alert!

I've seen like 1 or 2 fights happen at the rave club in Perth and I've been going on and off there for just under a year.
Compare this to the average of 3 fights a night at my local nightclub...some of which happen while I'm waiting in the queue for half an hour.
Drunk people just always wanna start fights over nothing :/

I've felt pretty safe in Perth overall. I've been going out for a couple of years now and have never really got into any serious trouble. Pretty much the only time was a smack to the face from out of nowhere - one guy in a gang of about ten of course - but it was a shitty hit, I kept walking and avoided any trouble.

I'm a pretty small guy and I thought I'd have been picked on more tbh. I think I can be a bit of a smartass sometimes, but when a serious situation arises, I switch to serious mode and have always talked myself out of trouble.

As mentioned before, walk away, apologise, talk out of it - just don't fuel any of the fuckheads looking for a fight. You never know how that shit will end :/

I've noticed also that the Northbridge area seems to have cleaned up somewhat, and that the Perth CBD-ish area is slightly more rough now!? Either way, nothing compared to what I've heard/seen about other states!

I've felt pretty safe in Perth overall. I've been going out for a couple of years now and have never really got into any serious trouble. Pretty much the only time was a smack to the face from out of nowhere - one guy in a gang of about ten of course - but it was a shitty hit, I kept walking and avoided any trouble.

Thats shit mate. Sounds like you did the right thing - and thats not an easy thing to do.

I went to TAFE with a guy about 8 years ago that we thought was ok but only knew at school. We went out on the piss one night and he suddenly jobbed, (cheapshotted), some random, unsuspecting innocent in the mouth as we were walking along the street.

We disowned him on the spot and let the bloodied-mouth guy's mate's have him.

Yeah theres alot of fights goin on all the time. Went to this night club full of arabs and Lebs, was with an Arabic chick and she said ur lucky uve got massive biceps (46cm) :) cos they usually jump a white guy if he is with an Arab chick. I wouldnt give a fuk if i was alone or in a big group if they would assult me id probaly make a fone call and in the meantime stand up against em. The only time i walk away is if they dont touch me. Was a shit night cos we got thrown out for doing drugs then i was threatening the bouncers outside hahahaha

I worked at that club the first few posters are talking about for awhile, it does have a bad reputation but I never found it too bad. A lot of the violence is pretty covert or else takes place away from the venue. Not a lot actually ever gets into the media. But like someone else said, random people just going to party really aren't the target.

A lot of what happens in there depends on who you know, the security gaurds let the right people in carrying guns.

That being said, I worked there and also on King St for awhile, and I never felt unsafe, even when I'd walk home alone after my shift. Maybe it's different for a girl though.

Yeah theres alot of fights goin on all the time. Went to this night club full of arabs and Lebs, was with an Arabic chick and she said ur lucky uve got massive biceps (46cm) :) cos they usually jump a white guy if he is with an Arab chick. I wouldnt give a fuk if i was alone or in a big group if they would assult me id probaly make a fone call and in the meantime stand up against em. The only time i walk away is if they dont touch me. Was a shit night cos we got thrown out for doing drugs then i was threatening the bouncers outside hahahaha

what a hero. you're exactly the kind of aggressive dumbass people are talking about that cause fights cos they're too much of a retard to walk away. 'make a phonecall?' getting your cousins to come round? and threatening the bouncers cos you got kicked out for being a dumbass and doing drugs in a club? dumbass.

btw i find 3d way more seedy then bubble, the bouncers there pretty much run the floor as far as pushing drugs go and heard many a story of them pummeling people who were outsiders trying to deal. but yeah again, if you're just a random punter you're generally alright

yeah they closed the ground floor and kept upstairs open all night along with the adjoining room which i'd never seen before and im a regular of the past 6 months. cops were out front taking statements as i left, some smart bastard spread the word that they were searching people.. so i swallowed my leftover biccie as i walked out, a very interesting morning ensured xD

and yes psytaco, it could possibly be said club. But yeah, i think providing your not selling your generally right. But there's been cases when me or a mate has been mistaken for somebody else and a bit of quick thinking was required to stay out of trouble. Theres really no drinking to be heard of in said club, so i dont think that alcohol really contributes to the occassional violence, mainly gangs and meth heads coming down I think? Dunno, cant say Ive had anything to do with that drug myself. And yeah, also as another white uni student, I feel relatively safe because I dont have anything to do with the unpleasant side of things.
If your ever lucky enough to run into team awesome, usually chilling in an upstairs booth, look for a tall aussie bloke with dark hair and it may well be me ;)

Surprisingly I feel safer in drug clubs then the dirty nightclubs where alcohol is the DOC, drunken testosterone fueled dickheads are no fun at all.

what is a 'bicci?'

btw i find 3d way more seedy then bubble, the bouncers there pretty much run the floor as far as pushing drugs go and heard many a story of them pummeling people who were outsiders trying to deal. but yeah again, if you're just a random punter you're generally alright

Yeah me and my mate had an experience with the bouncers at 3D after trance energy, and yeh we were in and out in 15minutes and they didnt like that and were following us in there. I prefer bubble over 3D anyday

I worked at that club the first few posters are talking about for awhile, it does have a bad reputation but I never found it too bad. A lot of the violence is pretty covert or else takes place away from the venue. Not a lot actually ever gets into the media. But like someone else said, random people just going to party really aren't the target.

A lot of what happens in there depends on who you know, the security gaurds let the right people in carrying guns.

That being said, I worked there and also on King St for awhile, and I never felt unsafe, even when I'd walk home alone after my shift. Maybe it's different for a girl though.

omgwtfbbq!!?? haha, I'm friendly with a fair few of the staff there, but the guns thing I've never heard before, got the scaredy's now lol

@ Sustanon. Yeah thats the kind of behavior, which even though your not responsible for starting, causes things to escalate and people get hurt. IMHO it doesnt matter how fucking big your biceps are, if your incapable of letting something go then your a hazard to yourself and the others around you.

Last edited:

Gawd you measure your biceps? With a username after a steroid maybe you should measure your dick... before it shrinks.

ROFLMAO

what a hero. you're exactly the kind of aggressive dumbass people are talking about that cause fights cos they're too much of a retard to walk away. 'make a phonecall?' getting your cousins to come round? and threatening the bouncers cos you got kicked out for being a dumbass and doing drugs in a club? dumbass.

I think u misunderstood me. I never cause any trouble and i cant even tell u when i fought last. All im sayin is that i dont walk away if i get hit, im not a pussy like u. If someone is trying to aggravate me by sayin stuff i just walk away. My mate got punched in the face by a random drunk idiot just for shuffling. Would u take that? or just be a pussy and walk away? dumbass! It would take alot to make me fight.

To the other poster im long clean from roids and u dont know shit because ur dick doesnt shrivel on them at all. Its just a big myth. So u can suck on my not so shriveled u know what hahaha

in my opinion it takes a hellova lot more balls to walk away when confronted with violence, than it takes to fight back. Coming from a small country town, where alcohol and brawls are an everyday event, I've found that since moving to the city, you can command a lot more respect with well chosen words and the ability to take it on the chin. I used to think like you Sustanon, it'd still take a fair bit of aggravation to make me fight in the old days, but i did, and it achieved nothing compared the embarrassment you can impose on dickheads by simply disregarding them.