• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Vice: SISA Cocaine of the Poor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tiO_cj0p8c

Hey Bluelight, so I was watching the above clip from The Young Turks just now. It deals with a new drug being used predominantly in Greece called Sisa. According to them, it's a derivative of meth, but with such potent negatives effects on the body that meth almost looks safe in comparison. They showed briefly some of the chemicals added to make it, but they seemed to be substances I had thought were used to cook meth.

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Sisa. What makes it so much more destructive than meth? Also, is it exclusively in Greece, or has it spread to other countries?

TL;DR: Folks in Greece have made a crazy new drug from meth and I want to know what makes it so much worse.

Thanks for any information on the topic,

S.P.

ummm...as far as we can tell, it is meth (not sure why erroneous reporting on it is so frequent). I'm guessing that they're just cutting corners on purification following synthesis, hence the increased side-effects.

ebola

Yup, this is correct from everything I've read and heard from a couple friends in the country. In my mind, although certainly less graphic, very similar to the krokodil scare/"epidemic"/deal in Russia - the active recreational drug isn't so much dangerous in and of itself (the only caveat being that even pure methamp is almost certainly more neurotoxic than pure desomorphine). It would seem the cut/shitty synth is probably what is causing such horrible side effects...

And yea, I too hate the news, well, most of it, especially some of the larger conglomerates, with their sensationalism bullshit. Alas, such is life...

Shisha is the Hindi word for glass...

This stuff sounds like shitty shake and bake or something. With unemployment and the economy being so rough, I'd think they'd be using more downers.

Id guess its just trash speed, like only partially reduced, thats what this nonsense is.
That, and assuming that greeces drug scene is similar to the rest of europe, street speed before sisa was heavily cut amphetamine sulphate.
so people maybe figured that this was like european speed and dosed the way they would with street amphetamine, and freaked the fuck out. Esp since they smoke.
but if it was made super super dirty, it wouldnt smoke well, so.....

I saw this doc, it was pretty cool actually.

from what I gathered, Sisa is just poorly made crystal meth

Last edited:
a actually thought it was a pv analogue from the way people were acting?