Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[VIC] Rainbow Serpent 2012 - Beaufort - 27th JAN

toenibbler

Bluelighter
rsf2012-post.jpg

Early Birds went on sale about a week ago (even earlier if u had code), Lock it in!!

RainbowSerpent2012

Fri. 27 Jan, 2012 at 5:00pm - Mon. 30 Jan, 2012 at 8:00pm
Beaufort, VIC 3373

Rainbow Serpent Festival is one of Australia's premier outdoor alternative lifestyle, music and arts festivals. Promoting a strong ethos of unity, the festival – whose name is derived from the Dreamtime story of the Rainbow Serpent, is about connecting people from all walks of life throughout the world. At Rainbow you'll find people from all communities and demographics, joined together by a shared desire to celebrate life and to learn and experience new things.

Running for four days over Australia Day weekend in January each year, Rainbow attracts over 10,000 people from all over Australia and the world with it's unique blend of music, workshops, activities, performance art, market stalls and mouth-watering food on offer.

Festival goers can expect to see over 100 artists across a multitude of music genres, including progressive trance, electro, house, breaks, dub and ambient. Featuring some of the freshest acts from around the world alongside Australia’s finest talent. A truly magical experience the Rainbow Serpent Festival offers a chance to escape from the pressures in our day to day lives and connect with like minded people in a safe and truly awe inspiring natural environment. Set in a beautiful location under the clear blue summer sky.

The Rainbow Village area combines a range of creative activities, dance, theatre discussion, conscious sound and the latest healing modalities to provide a place for growth and personal wellbeing. In an increasingly fast and demanding world, the Rainbow Village is a place to nurture oneself, communicate ideas, find personal power and increase wellbeing. Offering a variety of multi concurrent holistic activities designed to expand the mind, awaken the spirit and heal the soul. Add to all this amazing décor, roving artistic performances and workshops on a massive range of topics your biggest difficulty over the weekend will be deciding what to do next.

Announced so far:

OTT

(Twisted Records, U.K)

ott_news.jpg

The multi-instrumentalist producer and performer will bring his dubtastic live show back to Rainbow Serpent festival once again! Since the early 2000s, Ott has produced, mixed and recorded music released on Twisted Records, including various collaborations with founder Simon Posford. His first major contribution to Twisted was the record Hallucinogen - In Dub, on which he remixed six classic Hallucinogen songs. In May 2003 he released his own album, Blumenkraft, on Twisted. His work has also been featured in releases from the record label Liquid Sound Design (now known as Liquid Sound, run by Martin Glover), especially those compilations produced by Humphrey Bacchus during his time at the label. He followed up his debut album in January 2008 with Skylon, followed by Mir in March 2011.

He has also contributed to several other records on Twisted as well as other labels. His live sets have been described as ‘aural fornication’, a mixture of the sublime and the absurd, always challenging, evocative and emotional.

Ill Gates

(Made In Glitch, Toronto)

illgates_news.jpg

Ill.Gates is a Toronto-based composer, performer and educator. For over sixteen years, he has established a reputation as one of the most dynamic electronic music artists around. He regularly tours across North America, Europe and Asia.

His first full-length release, Autopirate (Muti Music, 2008) charted and continues to sell strongly. His triple album The ill. Methodology and accompanying online course is a blueprint for any budding dance music producers.

Many look at Gates as an ‘artists artist’ who is both a leader and an innovator in the North American dubstep/electronica scene. Part musician, part educator, Gates uses his travels to run workshops on sound, design and other aspects of the music business. This will be his first Rainbow serpent appearance.

James Munro

(Flying Rhino, Brazil)

jmunro_news.jpg

It’s been a long time between drinks! For more than 15 years James Monro has been an integral part of the psychedelic dance music world as a producer, DJ and label owner. James is one of the founders of Flying Rhino Records and part of Technossomy and Bumbling Loons.

Monro’s background in the psychedelic trance scene fuses perfectly with a progressive style approach, resulting in spacious, atmospheric tribal grooves.

After gaining a worldwide following for his contributions to the old school Goa Trance movement, James Monro has evolved into a major headline name performing at various events across the globe. This will be his first appearance in Australia in over four years, but will no doubt be worth the wait!

Talpa / The Riddler

((Tesseract / Sundance, Sebia)Tesseract / Sundance, Sebia)

talpa_news.jpg

Never a stranger to our shores is Goran Juric, better known as Serbian Psychedelic trance artist Talpa. His music first appeared on compilations, including “Mandragor” and “Kalashari” featured on the “Vibraspirit 23” compilation released by Sundance Records and “Talpania” on the “Sundaze” compilations, also released by Sundance Records in 2002. After two years of no releases, his first album was released in 2004 entitled “The Art of Being Non”.

Talpa’s most recent project is The Riddler. An epic mixture of funk, psy and electro that is blowing up all over the world. No matter what tickles your fancy, Juric will no doubt bring his ‘A’ game to the dusty bowls of Rainbow.

Price Range: AUD $200.00 - AUD $123415469781586521483748225.00

majorly bummed we will be missing it. alas admittedly going every second year sorta seems like enough too. involves a fair bit of organizing/$$ after all..

New Act Announcements

GLITCH MOB (Glass Air, America)
The Glitch Mob is a three-piece electronic group from Los Angeles, composed of Ed Ma (edIT), Justin Boreta (Boreta) and Josh Mayer (Ooah).

TIPPER (Tippermusic, UK)
David Tipper is a British composer and producer specializing in electronic music that ranges from Ambient, through Trip Hop, to uptempo Nuskool Breakbeat.

PETER HORREVORTS (Kanzleramt, Netherlands)
Making his debut at Rainbow is Holland's Peter Horrevorts. Raised on a diet of everything from Depeche mode, Michael Jackson, early Detroit techno and science fiction novels, Horrevorts's influences shamelessly seep into his bombastic and energetic DJ sets.

PROTONICA (IONO Music, Germany)
Protonica are Piet and Ralf from Berlin, Germany. With Piet's instinct for harmonies and Ralf's feeling for propulsive grooves, Protonica deliver their very own positively throbbing sound - a blend of psychedelic and progressive trance.

LOUD (Nano records, Israel)
LOUD are the duo Eitan Reiter and Kobi Toledano who have been producing high quality and original Psytrance music since 2006. Their music is made with the idea to rock the dance-floor while delivering a funky style with unexpected twists and turns.

KOZE (Kompakt, Germany)
DJ Koze is one of the most important musicians in dance music today. Never taking the easy road, he brings an eccentric tone to an otherwise rotting formula, while ingeniously keeping the soul and feeling of what proper techno/house music is meant to evoke.

HEDFLUX (Broken Robot Records, UK)
Steve Young aka Hedflux crafts together elements of breaks, techno, and psytrance, the result is a genre-bending fusion of deep driving bass grooves, twisted glitchy noodles and resonant synth sorcery.

I went to my first Rainbow Serpent this year! It was a highlight of my life! I just bought my ticket tonight, actually!

I can't wait... I am so sad to see Shpongle not making another appearance... seeing them was like a dream come true for me! I have loved them for so long and to finally see them live!

Oh well, nevertheless I am looking forward to an acid-tastic year this season!
Hope to see some heads there!

Have a good night...=D

Last year was my first Rainbow. I've been partying for a long time and it was the first event i've been to in probably 5 years that had a truly awesome (even say old school) vibe. Everyone was just on this great positive level, being wished 'happy rainbow' all weekend by strangers and copping random smiles from everyone. It felt great. Last year i made the mistake of only coming for the weekend and not bringing many creature comforts - This year i'm going to be working there hopefully, and going to camp for the whole period, and bring an EPIC comfortable camping setup with my crew of friends. It really was awesome, i encourage everyone to come this year.

Yeah, our crew had a huge setup, a marquee and rugs and couches and all our tents around it... it was definately good having a good home base to crawl back to. I would like to bring some lighting though.

Definintely something I've never experienced before! I was very disappointed at the kids I saw up on the mountain leaving their trash everywhere... no respect at all.

Loved hearing bout first timers at rainbow, as i too have such fond memories of my first.
I didnt reach that same level last yr, be it my choice of camping style, the early leaving, or both, but i cant wait to try again!

im just hoping that next year will be even better abain!

I've never been but I'd love to.. Had unavoidable commitments this year and last :( I love Shpongle and Ott (and many of the others - esp Alex Grey) so it kind of sucks

Maybe see y'all 2013 :\

I'll be there, as usual - this will mark my 9th rainbow I believe!!! :D Missed out on Glitch Mob when i was in the US - SUPER stoked to see them play at Rainbow!!! And Tipper is also awesome.

saw glitch mob last yr, was initally really impressed with there set up, but that only entertained me for a brief while, i soon became bored and went to other stages

tipper on the other hand, last rainbow appearance .... amaze, you dont even know haha

I'm so keen to come along to this, but my lack of transport combined with work letting 170 staff go (myself included) means I may have to miss out this year. A sad panda i am :(