• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Vibram Five Fingers 'Barefoot Shoes'

I think people are just trying to say that there is still a big risk of frostbite walking through frozen snow and ice barefoot compared to wearing five fingers shoes.

I applaud you for your barefoot walking though, the most I walked barefoot recently was about 1/3 of a mile to and from the local park once with my ex where we went to play frisbee :) Felt good to walk barefoot, although I did get a few looks. Used to walk miles barefoot years ago when I lived near the beach, would wake back from the beach with wet barefoot shoes in the summer with my shoes in my hands. Twas lovely to be barefoot.

H'okay folks, as much as walking around barefoot "kicks so much more ass," this thread is about Vibrams Five Fingers "Barefoot Shoes".

And on that note, I love the Vibrams I got and cannot wait until I can wear them again. :D

=D way to keep things rolling. I've noticed BL is a place of many tangents...
I don't know what I've missed in skimming through the thread, but how long does a pair last you? Like replacing a pair of vibrams compared to regular running/workout shoes

^ Hah, BL is a place of many tangents, and they are okay, but only to an extent in my opinion. :p

My girlfriend's pair has lasted well over a year, and they don't show much wear--I'm willing to bet they last a long time compared to other shoes where the tread starts to go after not too long.

i've had it up to here with running injuries from padded running shoes, this winter i'm getting some vibrams for the treadmill.

For the minimalist runner who doesn't like the appearance of vibrams...you should check out the feelmax osma running shoe. Other feelmax models are great for just walking around, but the osma actually holds up to running(the outer sole was developed with help from a tire company). I own a pair btw, great tactility and looks like a normal shoe.

They also make a boot if snow is an issue where you live.

http://barefootrunningshoes.org/feelmax/mens/feelmax-kuuva-mens/

I like mine quite a bit, especially on grass but they get very tiring on pavement.

I love wearing them camping

:)

My dad's feet are one size smaller than mine and he has a couple of pairs, I dont fit into his but I'm eager to get some KSO Treks and wear them around daily, like all the time, as normal shoes.

^ Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

It's wintertime in some areas and still warm in others. Having to reluctantly slide my feet back into regular shoes / boots sucks. My feet are sweaty.