• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Very worried

Braley

Bluelighter
At the beginning of the month my Dr accidentally wrote me out 2 scripts of Hydrocodone. Same Dr, but he wrote one the first week of the month, and wrote the second script the second week without me even requesting it, but my dumb self still went and got it. The first week I got the first filled at WalGreens, and the second script I got filled at Kroger. Both paid with cash. My question is what are the chances of him realizing what he did and then what I did, and what could my reason be for getting both filled? FYI he has done this multiple times with my Klonopin, and I only did that once with 2 pharmacies, and he didn't find out. I'm just really worried!

Do you still have one full bottle? Could put it up till after next appointment so if anything comes from it ya might could take it back n wiggle out of it with some bs or could take it back now n let them no what happen you had script so picked it up but realized what you did and would make ya dr trust you more always good be honest but 2 always better than 1

Maybe it was accidental but then again, he might have expected them to last you two months. Agree with above post - be prepared to be honest at your next visit in case he asks. I am surprised the second pharmacy didn't catch it being it's a schedule 2 medication. If it were me, I would consider it a snafu and hold onto them as to not raise suspicion.

You'll be fine :) doctors are so busy, and thee only alert would have been at the time of filling them. You're definitely a okay :)

Whoa. That's a first. So I like the advice that if you can put a bottle aside do that. But if you're like me then that's easier said than done unless someone you trust holds it. I'm also surprised that the pharmacy filled it unless you live in Missouri, which last I checked was the only state lacking the drug monitoring program. If the doctor is that absent minded he may not remember that you lost your medication and rewrote the script either if ya follow me but honestly I'd go with the suggestion that as doctors are so busy, and especially since he has done it before without saying anything, just don't bring it up and hope he doesn't either.

We photocopy every script we write and put it in the pt's chart. I am surprised they are so careless with their records or lack of for that matter. Will bite him in the ass one day bc you really need to document everything as a Dr to protect yourself. People love to sue

Damn, I wish I had a doctor like that... Forging or altering a script will land someone in big trouble but other than that, a legit script is a legit script. I don't see why a reasonable doctor would hold you responsible for getting it filled when he's the one who wrote it in the first place.