Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Very trippy roll from MDMA

badrobot114

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I took MDMA 3 days ago after not taking it for roughly six months and experienced an unusually trippy roll. The MDMA was in crystal form and tested good with Simon's test kit, my doses were a tad lower than usual: 125mg with a 40mg booster(my usual is 140mg with a 60mg booster).

The level of trippyness in my roll can be best compared to a low(2gs) dose of Cubensis mushrooms with full blown OEVs at points, occasional trippy "confusion" and extreme color intensification(noticeably stronger than any previous time I took MDMA). It should also be noted I took CYP3A4 inhibitors(milk thistle, grape seed extract and quercetin) but I doubt it had an effect. If anything, it should have had the exact opposite effect due to decreased metabolism to MDA.

I realize this likely doesn't have a definitive answer, but I was wondering if it can be explained by more than simply set and setting.

Last edited:
Does Simon's discriminate between MDMA & MDA? If not, it could have been MDA instead.

It does, that's why I tested with it. I guess it's a set and setting thing, I took the MDMA with my partner in a secluded cabin in the woods with a view that made me rush before we even got the roll going.

The OEVs and "confusion" are what really had me baffled. Things literally flowed, bended and formed subtle geometric patterns as they would on shrooms. I also had occasional facial and sound distortions when looking at my partner/listen to her talk and if that wasn't enough her head grew a little bigger then shrunk twice at various points. Lastly the signature mushrooms entheogenic feeling was present throughout most of the roll. That was in addition to the typical MDMA euphoria, empathy, body high and stimulation. My partner also had an unusually psychedelic roll although not to the same extent as me.

Perhaps the MDMA was spiked with a bit of 4-HO-MET? :p

Last edited:
Hey, I had a similar experience couple of years ago with some purple Mandy. Was the best Mandy I ever had and you only needed a crystal to roll hard. That stuff lasted two of us 4weekends. Anyways, same with the face distortions, areas would disappear to nothing and then come back. The walls would become textured ( they're plain painted) colour intensities were mad, light brown became the blackest black you' d ever seen. The lava lamp appeared to boil and the lava balls had a dimpled effect like golf balls.

This was mad but both me and my partner were having the same experiences and would come out of the trip at the same time and then fall back into the trip at the same time.

My other half had cev's, he disappeared for 5mins in one and I just had to hold his hand until he came back in the room, so to speak.

Our whole bodies went cold too, we had to huddle together for warmth. It was by far the hardest roll we have ever had. Nothing else has compared to it since. Seemed to last for HOURS too, like 6hrs.

I never tested it. I was pretty new to the scene back then. Wish I could get the purple stuff again.

Well my partner did get the shivers pretty bad now that I think about it. She couldn't be outside for very long. I didn't get the shivers at all though, but considering it's now winter I'd wager she was just legitimately cold lol. Ditto for the length too, we were going for roughly 6 and a half hours.

These crystals had the text book MDMA appearance. off white/tan when whole, white crystalline and sparkling when crushed. I guess MDMA can be more psychedelic than we think at normal doses.

Last edited:
I've always found high quality MDxx to be quite visual. I think people underestimate it's psychedelic action, erowid does label it a "Psychedelic Amphetamine"

Echoing what others have said here, high quality MDMA can be quite visual. Not only that but MDA is an active metabolite of MDMA so if you take a high enough dose, you're going to have some added MDA effects thrown in there.

Right on for using the prefix by the way, you used it exactly the way it should be done! =D

On the peak of high doses of MDMA I tend to see colors brighten, breathing, and patterns moving. MDMA is a psychedelic after all.

On the peak of high doses of MDMA I tend to see colors brighten, breathing, and patterns moving. MDMA is a psychedelic after all.

The only thing I don't get with high doses of MDMA that I do with MDA are the OEVs at the peak like people wearing glasses, tattoos appearing, and the geometric field that happens when I've simply had way too much MDA. Everything else is there visually but mentally, I'm in a completely different happy place than with MDA.

It could be anything. MDA< 2c-x, etc. Or a result of all that other crap you took. What is the "booster"? Have you tried this ecstasy before?

When did he take the booster? And honestly, 40mg? What's that going to do.

Boosters are taken generally between and hour to an hour and a half after the first dose. His initial dose was 140mg, a 60mg booster is totally logical. The goal of a booster is to extend the roll duration without increasing side effects.

Alright, calm down. Let's not fight. It's an MDMA forum for christs sake!

Not trying to fight. An average dose for someone with no or little tolerance to get a good roll going would be between 80-120mg with 40-80mg for a booster if its really clean MDMA. When I wanted to get absolutely smashed, I took 150mg to start with but I had some insanely good stuff.

Right. When did I say it wasn't? I was just saying I was referring to the OP in my post since you were talking about 140mg and 60mg boosters.

Right. When did I say it wasn't? I was just saying I was referring to the OP in my post since you were talking about 140mg and 60mg boosters.

I admit that I flipped the numbers... The OP has two sets of numbers. The numbers he took that night 125/40 and the numbers he normally takes 140/60. My bad. But still, the point remains that boosters are supposed to be small because they're just meant to extend the duration as much as possible while adding the lowest amount of side effects possible.