Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Very strange and extremely late comeup

whatsup1133

Greenlighter
Hey,
so me and my girlfriend took mdma, i have done it a few times before, but havent for 2.5 years. It was the first time for her. So we got well rated md online. Ate a decent sized dinner about 2 hours before, used a scale for dosing.

It took already about 90 minutes to feel anything, then it started feeling like the comeup. That lasted for about 20 minutes or so, then suddenly i started to feel a bit off for like 5 minutes almost like fainting. I was sweating pretty heavily as well, but this was only a few minutes.
We sat down and talked and both felt almost sober. A full 3 hours after taking it, my gf suddenly started hugging me and got that typical look on her face, saying it feels really good. For me it was still nothing. She ended up getting the complete magic, everything as it should be, that unbelivable first time. When she started feeling it, i was taking a bit more quickly hoping to also get there. For me it ended up as a pretty mild experience, i would have expected much more after 2.5 years.

Another person took the same stuff and started feeling it really strong after the typical 40 minutes or so.
Now i never read about anyone having it come up SO late. I put it into rolling papers and glued them so they were closed, but that must desolve quickly in your stomach anyway? Just really confused what happened here, max i read is 2 hours for the come up, but from what my gf is saying this must be mdma 100% and it was a really well rated vendor.

Real MDMA is tricky and can be ruined by many things.
You might have thrown something in the mix that ruined it. Sometimes it can be weed, or a beer, or you ate too much, there's so so much that can ruin the trip for you. Even smoking a cigarette before could strongly influence the roll. If you're a slow metabolizer, you might have to put more time between the food and the MDMA. That's just a bunch of guesses from my personal experience /w the substance.

It's really fragile, and you have to stay absent from anything else until it hits, or it might not. That was at least my personal rule

I had no alcohol or any other drug, was just vaping nicotine. I actually have a fast metabolism and the come up would usually be like 40 minutes in the past. I thought food might push this by 20-30 minutes, but it wasnt just late comeup for me, i didnt really have a strong experience at all. And it was literally like 3hours and 15 minutes for my girlfriend to feel it, with a weird 20 minute come up feeling like and hour before.. super strange.

It was from a vendor with a bunch of comments saying testkits all came back right. I guess shouldve still tested it myself, i still have some left, might just test it out of curiosity. I have never tried 6APB, read up about it real quick, it apears to be similiar to mdma, but with less love/empathy. My girlfriend however was completetly amazed, felt intense strong feelings of love. Perfect magic, she says words cant describe it, like really it sounds like the 100% first mdma experience.

Now i am reading that it has a longer duration, it was quite long for her, maybe 5hours or so, she was still getting pretty strong waves of it towards the end, but fell asleep kind of suddenly after the 5h, not sure if that was possible with 6-apb. It was getting pretty late with the comeup taking so long though. A third person, quite experienced with mdma, also had some of it and he also said it felt perfect like mdma, he came up in 40 minutes as mentioned before and was pretty much back to normal after 4-5 hours or so. It really all doesnt make any sense.

We took some of the recommended supplements, ALCAR, ALA, Vitamin C, but that shouldnt really have a negative impact i assume.

Reading a bit more now, she said towards the end it was a bit psychedelic, slight visual things, which im reading is more common with 6-apb, but you also get this to some extend with mdma.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was 16 I worked at my Aunt's for 2 weeks, writing positive reviews about her book, over 100 different reviews.

I really wouldn't put my money on online reviews

A few questions: What dose did each of you take? How much do you each weigh? How old are both of you?

My gf had around 110mg with about 60kg, i had 130mg with 70kg. I know its probably on the higher end, but wanted to make sure we really get there :D. And then obviously when she started to feel it i had the very smart idea to take a random amount on top as i didnt have the scale with me.

I know with the food, but i also had it once where i didnt eat for a long time before and during the roll started to feel a bit off being very hungry, but eating wasnt great either.

Be careful, there are very dangerous substances sold as MDMA with the characteristics you mention. PMA and PMMA are examples, they both take much much longer than MDMA to come up, between 2 and 3,5 hours. Never trust vendors, always test your own drugs. Even if you have eaten, a comeup of 3 hours is not normal in my opinion, I have never experienced that with tested MDMA. There are always exceptions to every rule of course but it not being MDMA seems the more likely explanation, though not a certainty

If you test your drugs, pay close attention to any other colors than the correct colors for MDMA showing themselves while the reaction is still ongoing. I say this because sometimes they add in a tiny bit of MDMA to the drug they want to sell as MDMA and because the final colors for MDMA on a testkit are very dark (dark purple going into black) they will overpower any other colors showing. While the reaction is still ongoing and so while the color change is still happening is the most likely time you will be able to spot other colors before the dark MDMA color takes over. These testkits are very sensitive so even a small amount of MDMA is enough to give an 'MDMA result'

By the way, are you or your girlfriend on any medication?

No medication. I was also thinking this is not MDMA when the comeup didnt happen, but as said the other guy had it after 40 minutes and said it felt clearly like mdma and also didnt seem speedy. My girlfriend got the absolute pure magic, you should see her talking about it. Cant think of anything else the days after, extreme love, pure bliss, words can't describe it. She says its exactly like i described it before, just 10 levels more, completetly unbelivable. Very optimistic outlook on life the days after.

Also noone experience any negative effects that im reading about with PMA. PMA is supposed to be more speedy and not so empathic/loving. However my girlfriend didn't even feel like dancing, she just wanted to sit down and talk, the typical stuff you say your first time, how much love you feel and all that crazy stuff. Hugging and cuddling feel very intense. Skin felt good. The typical smile, the eyes maybe slightly closed. Feeling "complete". She described it as spiritual, understanding everything, the world makes sense finally, pure bliss, no negative side effects. She even cried for a moment out of happines when listening to a certain song lol. She said she never felt better in her life and she gets paranoid with LSD a bit, nothing like that at all.

Nobody felt like super hot or anything like that either. Zero paranoia, only very mild psychedelic effects, mostly towards the end, what i found pretty common with mdma. Also towards the end a bit of this weird nostalgic sadness that i at least also experience with mdma, its not really in a bad way, but that strange slighty "dark" side it has. Not sure if other people also get that, but i def had that in my prior experiences. I could exactly see my first experiences in what she said. It also came in waves like mdma, not sure if thats the case for pma. Thinking its ending many times and i told her she still has time and it came back.

We also went to sleep about 5 hours after coming up, and keep in mind i took more around that time, from my quick google pma is supposed to last longer and sounds hard to sleep on. I was actually getting pretty sleepy 4 hours after taking more, but stayed up for her to have someone with her. Plus i shouldnt have lots of tolerance to that and my experience was very mild, 0 speedy, no racing heart, nearly no psychedelic effects either. Almost everything i read about pma sounds like its not a very pleasurable experience at all.

It would need to be something that produces extremely similliar effects to mdma, besides the comeup, everything sounds exactly right. I have a friend telling me it took him 2.5h before, but max i read online is 2hours. I really glued it into a rolling paper, but i tried that here and throwing it in water and the md was dissolved in a few minutes, so that shouldnt be it either.

Last edited:
No medication. I was also thinking this is not MDMA when the comeup didnt happen, but as said the other guy had it after 40 minutes and said it felt clearly like mdma and also didnt seem speedy. My girlfriend got the absolute pure magic, you should see her talking about it. Cant think of anything else the days after, extreme love, pure bliss, words can't describe it. She says its exactly like i described it before, just 10 levels more, completetly unbelivable. Very optimistic outlook on life the days after.

Also noone experience any negative effects that im reading about with PMA. PMA is supposed to be more speedy and not so empathic/loving. However my girlfriend didn't even feel like dancing, she just wanted to sit down and talk, the typical stuff you say your first time, how much love you feel and all that crazy stuff. Hugging and cuddling feel very intense. Skin felt good. The typical smile, the eyes maybe slightly closed. Feeling "complete". She described it as spiritual, understanding everything, the world makes sense finally, pure bliss, no negative side effects. She even cried for a moment out of happines when listening to a certain song lol. She said she never felt better in her life and she gets paranoid with LSD a bit, nothing like that at all.

Nobody felt like super hot or anything like that either. Zero paranoia, only very mild psychedelic effects, mostly towards the end, what i found pretty common with mdma. Also towards the end a bit of this weird nostalgic sadness that i at least also experience with mdma, its not really in a bad way, but that strange slighty "dark" side it has. Not sure if other people also get that, but i def had that in my prior experiences. I could exactly see my first experiences in what she said. It also came in waves like mdma, not sure if thats the case for pma. Thinking its ending many times and i told her she still has time and it came back.

We also went to sleep about 5 hours after coming up, and keep in mind i took more around that time, from my quick google pma is supposed to last longer and sounds hard to sleep on. I was actually getting pretty sleepy 4 hours after taking more, but stayed up for her to have someone with her. Plus i shouldnt have lots of tolerance to that and my experience was very mild, 0 speedy, no racing heart, nearly no psychedelic effects either. Almost everything i read about pma sounds like its not a very pleasurable experience at all.

It would need to be something that produces extremely similliar effects to mdma, besides the comeup, everything sounds exactly right. I have a friend telling me it took him 2.5h before, but max i read online is 2hours. I really glued it into a rolling paper, but i tried that here and throwing it in water and the md was dissolved in a few minutes, so that shouldnt be it either.
Yeah I don't discount it, it could very well have been MDMA. The reason I mentioned PMA/PMMA is because I have some personal experience with PMMA. This coupled with the fact that she doesn't have the "benchmark" MDMA experience to compare it with made me suspect another drug, because the effects are a bit similar

Back in the day when I was still a bit more reckless I once bought pills at a festival and took them two days in a row. The first day they took about 1h to come up and the second day about 3h, so a big difference in timeframe. PMA/PMMA is a bit more speedy, yes, but in my case it also had a good deal of empathy and most of the other MDMA effects were there too, though lessened. It also came in waves, yes. Once it wore off I could sleep on it without much issue but there aren't many drugs that stop me from sleeping though. It was vaguely similar to MDMA and could be taken as such by someone not experienced with real MDMA. It was pretty pleasurable. I also didn't feel that hot by the way, not noticeably more than with MDMA. Honestly, it didn't feel that taxing on my body or that dangerous, though it absolutely is, I was lucky. I know it was PMMA because I brought them to a lab after becoming suspicious after that second 3h comeup and they came back as pure PMMA.

But, again, it could very well have been MDMA. That would be the longest comeup I've ever heard of but I've encountered stranger stories so absolutely not discounting it. Fact remains: you absolutely need to test your drugs

I don't feel nostalgic sadness after a roll by the way, no. If it's good MDMA and I'm not abusing it I feel a blissful afterglow that sometimes can last for days. No negative after-effects whatsoever, nada

No the days after shes feeling great, just towards the end of the roll these weird nostalgic feelings, i def experienced that too. MDMA seems to be strange, i was dumb enough early on to use 3 days in a row for example and it would keep working, but then after some break it suddenly didnt do much. Now after 2.5 years again not much :(, might try the NAC thing for a few months, been reading a few success stories. If it was PMA/PMMA i should have not much tolerance and should get a reasonably strong effect right?

There was really NOTHING speedy. It was a very calm high, just sitting and talking mostly and some hugging and touching. The increase in love was very profound from what she says, words can't describe it. Great afterglow, cannot think about anything else, reading about it and all the typical stuff. And as said, another guy came up in the typical 40 minutes. I have problems sleeping with LSD, coke, aphetamines, and i fell asleep very easy.

Idk im quite sure it was MDMA, if it wasn't at least she got exactly the experience we were looking for. Also so strange how we felt like coming up, then 1 hour feeling almost sober, just less tired, and then suddenly she starts hugging and telling me "feels gooood".. doesn't really make any sense.

No the days after shes feeling great, just towards the end of the roll these weird nostalgic feelings, i def experienced that too. MDMA seems to be strange, i was dumb enough early on to use 3 days in a row for example and it would keep working, but then after some break it suddenly didnt do much. Now after 2.5 years again not much :(, might try the NAC thing for a few months, been reading a few success stories. If it was PMA/PMMA i should have not much tolerance and should get a reasonably strong effect right?

There was really NOTHING speedy. It was a very calm high, just sitting and talking mostly and some hugging and touching. The increase in love was very profound from what she says, words can't describe it. Great afterglow, cannot think about anything else, reading about it and all the typical stuff. And as said, another guy came up in the typical 40 minutes. I have problems sleeping with LSD, coke, aphetamines, and i fell asleep very easy.

Idk im quite sure it was MDMA, if it wasn't at least she got exactly the experience we were looking for. Also so strange how we felt like coming up, then 1 hour feeling almost sober, just less tired, and then suddenly she starts hugging and telling me "feels gooood".. doesn't really make any sense.
Quality can vary greatly so it could just be a quality issue as well. What you describe, a lot of people here have experienced as well from drugs that were sub-par. There is a lot of junk sold as MDMA, even tested MDMA can have varying quality, though there is debate about whether or not that is possible

And as for your girlfriend, without test results we won't know for sure so for that reason and some others (read the forum rules in the sticky if you want to know why) we don't really speculate extensively about what drug someone took on this forum. Could be MDMA, could be something else, you're not going to get to a closer approximation than that, not with anything approaching certainty. People being sure they had MDMA and it turning out to not be MDMA are not unheard of. Glad she at least had a good time though

Yeh either way it was the experience we were looking for, so i guess it doesnt really matter thaat much. Just very strange the whole thing, cant really find a very good explanation, the effects of all the alternative sound a bit to different to be more likely. Thanks for all the ideas though :).

most mdma on the streets will be fake and cut atm there is massive shortage in holland. So most vendors will be passing bath salts off aswell

With good quality and previously used MDMA, I can add that food can have an impact. My partner and I have had crystal MDMA with expected results many many times. But after a big meal, absorption Can be unpredictable and either delay effects but also reduce them. Having close to an empty stomach is a must for MDMA

Has there been recent documented cases of bath salt cathinones being mixed with varying levels of mdma on the market?