• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very Old People.. and LSD

MDMA if u really trust your source and if pure might be of bennefit as well though MDMA is MUCH more of a drug than LSD or mushrooms so A LOT more care would need to be taken in consideration, even if just on a small dose (different metabolisms).

However a moderator said it best, dosing someone no matter what circumstance is worse than rape!

To the moderator that said that! The only exception in my opinion is if your parents are extremily 'comunist minded' and believe they should have drugs only on their death bed, is in case of pain or cases of extreme depression. Even if on other medication I can't see 2-5mg oxycodone or 0.25mg-0.5mg clonazepam doing anything wrong.

Unlesss they were experienced psychonauts in their youth, I believe old people trying LSD for the first time would probably freak out badly.

LSD is not for everyone, it`s not like weed, alcohol, heroin etc. where what you get is an almost guaranteed pleasant experience.
Certain people, no matter what, would never be able to enjoy an LSD trip.

MDMA would probably give a positive experience, even to old people who have never tried any kind of drugs.

OP just show your grandparents this advertisement =D

poster-advert.jpg

one more time thru, just to be sure.

you're asking, in a roundabout way, if you should dose your grandparents with LSD to help them get over some perceived depression.

the answer is no. do not dose anyone without their consent.

for a guy who has had some very intelligible posts, you're indirectly encouraging something very dangerous and unethical. can you please link a study where dosing a person without their consent (or knowlege that theyre being dosed) and without any professional psychiatric guidance in the process (ie: leaving them to fend for themselves) has treated depression?

dont worry, i'll wait. but i won't hold my breath.

That's exactly the opposite of what I was saying. I'm saying that research needs to be done to establish LSD as a viable treatment for psychological issues in dying people -- as a treatment, to be given to them with their consent, under medical supervision. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I repeat, Aldous Huxley at the brink of death requesting LSD, seemed to die peacefully by all accounts....Not that that has any real bearing on THIS discussion. But I agree with Roger here- a field that needs exploration.

In Australia I've just found out that the maximum dose of Valium for palliative care patients is a measly 40mg a day- so one gets dependant on benzo's and then dies, with very little negation of fear. It seems odd and almost opposite to what should/could be...

I know a very old man who (with consent) took a few different psychedelic drugs because he was living with a bunch of hippies for a while. He was curious, so he wanted to try them. He was a close friend of my father's, and he's pretty much dying right now, but he told me the last time that I saw him that he had absolutely no fear of dying, and that he was happy. I wouldn't be surprised if a few psychedelic trips influenced his attitude, but I can't say. What I can say is that he's very positive and not at all afraid of dying for whatever reason.

MDMA and elderly people -- that's one of those things that make me go 'whoa, kimosabe!' We're talking people who likely have a host of cardiovascular and/or neurological problems and are on powerful drugs to treat them. Without a full and careful assessment of their entire medical chart by at least one competent physician, dosing an elderly person with MDMA stands a fairly decent chance of turning into somebody getting charged with murder.

LSD's effects are almost entirely on the CNS. Meaning it would be less likely to actually kill them or put them in a state of physical emergency than MDMA. But many elderly people are not entirely mentally healthy, and even many of the ones who hang on quite well are actually somewhat fragile, especially if their physical health is poor and they live with a lot of pain. I could see some of the residents / patients I've cared for definitely deciding they'd had enough and wanted to die if they used LSD, and not in a positive or peaceful way.

^ That's an interesting assessment as well; I hadn't thought of it that way, in terms of mental fragility at that age apart from neurological disorders. Maybe very low dose LSD then?

user4847 said:
LSD is not for everyone, it`s not like weed, alcohol, heroin etc. where what you get is an almost guaranteed pleasant experience.

In my experience, marijuana is not a guaranteed pleasant experience in people to the same extent that alcohol and heroin are. But you are right about LSD; it has the potential to help ease people in the dying process but also could go very, very bad.

If the medical establishment had any balls LSD would already be an established treatment for severe depression in elderly people. My grandmother is severely depressed over death issues, and its very sad that she's being denied valuable spiritual medicine by the medical community. (An endorsement by the medical establishment is the only way that she would use it, a lifetime of media brainwashing has made her intensely afraid of illegal drugs of any form). The psychedelic experience has completely change how I view death, and I think that it could help enormously in people who are dying.

Word. I believe one of the psilocybin studies on anxiety showed similar results

One of my room mates is 62 and he still likes to trip. He has had ample experience with LSD and mescaline back in the 60s. After we got to know each other I introduced him to some of the newer psychedelics out there which he found very intriguing. He's had a few 2C-E trips, a single 2C-I, a single 2C-T-7 trip, and a 4-AcO-DMT trip. We've also dosed some LSD together a few times. Tripping with someone 40 years older than yourself if a cool experience.

I repeat, Aldous Huxley at the brink of death requesting LSD, seemed to die peacefully by all accounts....Not that that has any real bearing on THIS discussion. But I agree with Roger here- a field that needs exploration.

Huxley's wife gave him two 100ug injections of liquid LSD and sat with him, whispering love and encouragement to him as he slipped into the great unknown. Absolutely fucking beautiful.

Last edited: