• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants very interesting Amphetamine / cocaine facts i've recently learned

Zonxx

Bluelighter
In no particular order do i share the facts i've been mustering through various searches. my own input/comments are bolded or should be.
*this is not to be used as any type of guide or reference, these are all facts pulled from various medical or scientific sites including some facts stripped from the MD official book.

The response of denervated muscles to acetylcholine was increased by amphetamine. The drug produced a contractile response in both normal and denervated skeletal muscles. Since this response was not accompanied by action potentials, it was a contracture. leading me to believe amphetamine can possibly be used by someone with muscle atrophy to so to speak-force a response from the muscles aswell as someone looking to build muscle in areas they previously haven't focused on

During indirect muscular stimulation, cocaine acted to increase or decrease response. The same effect was produced when a denervated or fully curarized muscle was directly stimulated. The more tension developed by the muscle, the easier it was to demonstrate depression. Increased response seemed to be related to the development of contraction fatigue. Cocaine in small doses increased the response of denervated muscles stimulated by acetylcholine. With large doses a depression resulted

this last fact has me stumped, i'm wondering if that's why when i smoke cocaine (and i do always start by enjoying a half gram bowl usually hopefully over 30min-an hour, is why perhaps i may tend to have much lessened pain since my muscles aren't irritating my spine (scoliosis) i may have found out why it aids me in particular with pain aside from its known pain relieving effects (is actually appearently possibly prescribed i'm sure rarely but is listed as a medication possibly used in the UK for treating pain

i may also have learned that (lol in a not so funny way) that i've 'overdosed' on crack without knowing it since i never have the typical OD symptoms you typically think of (tachycardia/hypotension high bp etc)

There is a high degree of overlap between brain regions involved in processing natural rewards and drugs of abuse. “Non-drug” or “behavioral” addictions have become increasingly documented in the clinic, and pathologies include compulsive activities such as shopping, eating, exercising, sexual behavior, and gambling. Like drug addiction, non-drug addictions manifest in symptoms including craving, impaired control over the behavior, tolerance, withdrawal, and high rates of relapse. These alterations in behavior suggest that plasticity may be occurring in brain regions associated with drug addiction. In this review, I summarize data demonstrating that exposure to non-drug rewards can alter neural plasticity in regions of the brain that are affected by drugs of abuse. Research suggests that there are several similarities between neuroplasticity induced by natural and drug rewards and that, depending on the reward, repeated exposure to natural rewards might induce neuroplasticity that either promotes or counteracts addictive behavior.
this somewhat applies to the nature in which i'm able to eat no matter how much i smoke and my appetite is never killed by stimulants, love to cook, and who doesn't love to eat a delicious meal that takes 2-3 hours to make? i'm theorizing i've perhaps got some altered pathways due to my love of cooking and eating whatever yums i make

(people suffering from what may be considered “non-drug” or “behavioral” addictions are becoming increasingly documented in the clinic, and symptoms include compulsive activities such as shopping, eating, exercising, sexual behavior, gambling) hmm.
similarities between drugs and non-drug rewards can also be seen physiologically. Functional neuroimaging studies in humans have shown that gambling , shopping , orgasm), playing video games and the sight of appetizing food (Wang et al, 2004a) activate many of the same brain regions --- note the last one i'm getting somewhere with my random research it seems and answering some of my unanswered mysteries
this one is a biggie
This article will review preclinical evidence that natural reinforcers are capable of leading to plasticity in behavior and neurotransmission that is often reminiscent of adaptations seen following exposure to drugs of abuse, especially psychostimulants. --meaning ofcourse probably known but maybe not that reaction to persay stimulants can drasticly change i.e my lack of suppression to appetite > Neurochemical plasticity will refer to altered neurotransmission (synaptic or intracellular) measured biochemically by differences in basal or evoked levels of transmitter, receptor, or transporter, or by an enduring change in phosphorylation state of any of these molecules.[ Behavioral plasticity will refer to any adaptation in behavior] (several examples are discussed in Section 1.1).
Perhaps the most extensively studied reward is that of food. Food is the quintessential reward in many rodent studies and has been used as a reinforcer in procedures such as operant (self-administration) In rats that were trained to press a lever to receive intravenous self-administration of drugs, highly palatable foods such as sugar and saccharin were shown to reduce self-administration of cocaine and heroin <foodie related (one of my mysteries i'm enlightening myself about clearly as i've always speculated how i have no suppression of appetite from stims)While this phenomenon could appear as a weakness in current models of cocaine addiction, a minority of rats prefer cocaine to sugar or saccharin (Cantin et al., 2010). It is possible that these animals may represent a “vulnerable” population, which is more relevant to the human condition

behavioral addictions are grouped under categories such as “substance-related disorders”, “eating disorders”, and “impulse control disorders not elsewhere classified” (Holden, 2001; Potenza, 2006). More recently, there has been a trend toward thinking about these non-drug addictions to be more like substance abuse and dependence

Detailed information on the history of drug abuse is necessary to avoid unwanted events (e.g., overdosing or withdrawal syndrome) or an exacerbation of the addictive behaviors. In practice, hospital admission should be avoided to the extent possible. The use of strong opioids should be kept to a minimum (although this important rule may be difficult to follow, for instance in surgical emergencies). The best route of administration and galenic formulation vary with each individual situation but, in general, intravenous administration of strong opioids is highly undesirable. this somewhat pissed me off - in the sense that this was pulled from a medical guidance section of a site in which they're afraid of 'exacerbating addictive behavior' fucks sakes, any excuses are being given not to hand out pain meds these days and specifically instructed not to clearly under some circumstances, this is just purely unjuste and should violate the medical code of 'always treating a patient whom is in need' when the hell did they forget this rule aswell as oath that they take? smh

Neural circuits that underlie encoding of natural rewards are thought to be “hijacked” by drugs of abuse, and plasticity in these circuits is believed to be responsible for the behavioral plasticity (i.e. increased drug seeking and craving) i'm highly intrigued by medical information pertaining to altered response to certain substances incase you haven't noticed thus far aswell as changed responses to them

According to this theory, in susceptible individuals, repeated drug exposure leads to a sensitization (reverse tolerance) of the incentive-motivational properties of drugs and drug-related cues. This alteration is at least in part mediated by sensitized nucleus accumbens (NAc) dopamine (DA) release following exposure to drug-related cues. Behaviorally, this is associated with increased wanting and craving of drugs when one is exposed to cues that are associated with intake

ablets (Dexedrine®, Adderall®): Swallow the tablets whole. Chewing the tablets gives an unpleasant taste and can irritate the mouth and throat. false. infact i've known addys to be somewhat bitter sweet which actually allows me to further enjoy the sublingual route i prefer with em' (The most effective in terms of effects/duration route)

Aggressive behavior or hostility is often observed in children and adolescents with ADHD, and has been reported in clinical trials and the postmarketing experience of some medications indicated for the treatment of ADHD. Although there is no systematic evidence that stimulants cause aggressive behavior or hostility, patients beginning treatment for ADHD should be monitored for the appearance of or worsening of aggressive behavior or hostility. well this was a stunner to be quite honest but lets be real, if we're set off on stims we explode like fucking nukes when we'd normally explode like an itty bitty hand grenade

i wanted to add in my own knowledge because ive seen it asked once or twice - Shortness of breathe on stims indicated acute overdose so, you shouldn't redose having experienced this side effect

Even those lucky enough to escape the drug’s addictive grip are sure to experience bumps along the road. Schwartz, for instance, ended up in the emergency room after experiencing an amphetamine-induced panic attack. “My life was no longer my own,” she writes in her New York Times Magazine piece. “I had long been telling myself that by taking Adderall, I was exerting total control over my fallible self, but in truth, it was the opposite: The Adderall made my life unpredictable, blowing black storm systems over my horizon with no warning at all.” -i don't fully believe in this persons statement however, in my experience, amphetamines can propel you to simply 'get shit done' in a manner of speaking, whether its somthing you would typically do or not, if it makes sense in that moment, you'll probably get that shit done, kinda like submitting this thread

Dextroamphetamine is a more potent CNS stimulant than levoamphetamine, but levoamphetamine has slightly stronger cardiovascular and peripheral effects and a longer elimination half-life (i.e., it remains in the body longer) than dextroamphetamine eyyy this entirely explains feeling stim'd but not really being high anymore after using an amphetamine such as adderall.

'enhances analgesic effect of opioids' as a chronic pain suffer i'll call bullshit, i've actually used amps to power through ripping glass out of my hands or feet which i attribute to the very nature of the drug itself, in that, it'll stimulate and engage your focus in a way that you can push through pain to a certain degree more effectively than sober, but in no way shape or form should it be misconceived that amphetamines enhance or benefit opioids, the only way i see it benefiting them in light of this claim is that, they can certainly off-set any side effects of opioids, but... when using two highly addictive chemicals together, well you do the braining on that one :)

muscle tension - figured i'd personally chime in on this one, simply put, the higher the dose the more tension, ways to counter aren't plentiful. making sure your electrolytes are in balance is essential, next would be hydration, and last but not least i personally have found klonopin or any effective muscle relaxer to significantly reduce this issue, doesn't need to be a narcotic benzo but make sure you always are aware of interactions of meds.

i'm trying to research how science wise amps deplete electrolytes, anyone wana share a link? aside from that this was essentially originally intended to be set aside for myself for personal information but i decided to share, if you have any other interesting uncommon facts, go ahead and list away or any intriguing links you think i should checkout

before you even ask, yes alright i am under the influence of heavy amps but ehm i'm always under the influence of somthing so get used to it <(o_0)>

There is some reason that methylphenidate and C-Jam are preferred to be used concomitantly with opioids, usually in cases of rapidly increasing and very high doses . . . think Brompton Mixture. When they tried dextroamphetamine with a rapidly-increasing hydromorphone dose it was fine for the somnolence, but nothing like adding in the methylphenidate.

I got an expired bottle of C-Jam with about a fifth of the powder still left in it from someone who worked in a dispensary who turned me on to the idea that wasting medication is a sin, and used it to mix up some Brompton Mixture with some morphine and using diphenhydramine and tripelennamine in place of the chlorpromazine and gin for the alcohol when I had a very painful cough once. I made my second batch with peach syrup instead of maraschino cherry syrup and reagent-grade anhydrous ethanol for the alcohol and put some in a glass of orange juice so it tasted like a Fuzzy Navel.

Even if hypogonadism and low blood pressure are a risk with morphine and other narcotics, I found that the Brompton Mixture and mixing methylphenidate with tramadol and dihydrocodeine and caffeine feel really good when one is getting a blowjob and doing a three way.

Depending on the country, doctors can still write for Brompton Mixture if the person is in hospital or hospice, and in some cases a regular narcotic prescription for it for regular outpatient filling or ambulatory palliative care folks. Lung cancer, other cancers, and tuberculosis are the most common indications, making me glad I saved some of the pharmaceutical C-Jam so I could make some for my uncle when he was at home going downhill from lung cancer; non-small-cell I think it was. The irony is the one time I was exposed to tuberculosis back in the day it went straight to my spine and caused a lot of the trouble I have to this day.

There are harm-reduction sites which show how to purify street Bolivian Marching Powder and smack to pharmaceutical grade, and the recipe for Brompton Mixture is essentially, per dose:
  • A dose indexed for tolerance of morphine/hydromorphone/methadone/phenadoxone/diamorphine (smack)
  • 10 mg C-Jam, or equivalent of co-phenylcaine (the ear, nose & throat medicine replacement for Nose Candy made from phenylephrine and lignocaine), amphetamine dextroamphetamine, methamphetamine, or methylphenidate.
  • Chlorpromazine, prochlorperazine, diphenhydramine, or tincture of cannabis
  • 2.5 ml pure ethanol (can use gin or vodka)
  • 5 ml chloroform water
  • Distilled water to add volume as needed
  • Cherry syrup
Of course, for the first ingredient, nicomorphine, oxymorphone, dihydromorphine and so on can be used as well . . . Given that prochlorperazine and chlorpromazine work in part by blocking dopamine receptors and therefore can interfere with narcotic analgesia, I would think that the diphenhydramine and cannabis are better choices. I also skipped the chloroform water and with adding the tripelennamine made the morphine into Blue Velvet, which works better . . .

Last edited: