• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Very high spice (Scoville Units) for opioid withdrawal?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Rang my pharmacy and they said my meds would come today but since they closed 2 hours ago, I guess that's not happening now.
Been feeling really shitty and depressed.
My brother turned up with these Carolina Reaper hard candies. You know those ones that are like lime hard candy with a chocolate center? Those, but the lime part is somewhat spicy and the chocolate center has Carolina Reaper and is rated and 2 million scoville units.
My brother and dad both tried one and were like dying lol.
I normally don't really have spicy stuff but being as depressed as I was (and having heard you get like an endorphin high from spicy food) I thought Fuck It and had one. Don't get me wrong, it was extremely hot, but nothing like as bad as my dad and brother found it (I didn't even finish my glass of milk).
BUT I DO feel much happier and my pain (chronic pain, not mouth-pain lol) seems better and I feel less withdrawal.

Has anyone tried really spicy stuff for opioid withdrawal or pain or just a high??

I'd be very curious about anyone's experiences!

I would assume that any relief afforded by the endorphins released by the peppers would be totally negated by the devastating effects upon your bowels...

I’ve used capsaicin extensively for pain, it’s best as an oral pain reliever but can work elsewhere both topically and when ingested. It’s a drug to me, I also eat hot stuff daily in an addictive fashion.

Try some euphorbia honey, it contains resiniferatoxin which is 1000x hotter than capsaicin. It lasts much longer so you can get a similar endorphin high but one that should last much longer than short acting capsaicin.

-GC

Thought you'd speak about the synth cannabinoid containing "spice", seems like noids can help with opioid withdrawal as a friend was on 24mg buprenorphine, somehow didn't have her dose and reported noticeable relief after smoking some home-made UR-144 (I believe it was that) mixture.

Ingesting capsaicin while withdrawing sounds like finest torture to me. Isn't one much more sensitive to pain during these times?

it contains resiniferatoxin which is 1000x hotter than capsaicin. It lasts much longer so you can get a similar endorphin high but one that should last much longer than short acting capsaicin.
Wow.
Didn't you report rosemary honey as containing an endorphin releasing compound? Still have to find a source for that.

But yeah, I'd suggest trying dissociatives (DXM if nothing else's available) to alleviate opioid tolerance and withdrawal, this works better than many other things.

Last edited:
Thought you'd speak about the synth cannabinoid containing "spice", seems like noids can help with opioid withdrawal as a friend was on 24mg buprenorphine, somehow didn't have her dose and reported noticeable relief after smoking some home-made UR-144 (I believe it was that) mixture.

Ingesting capsaicin while withdrawing sounds like finest torture to me. Isn't one much more sensitive to pain during these times?

Wow.
Didn't you report rosemary honey as containing an endorphin releasing compound? Still have to find a source for that.

But yeah, I'd suggest trying dissociatives (DXM if nothing else's available) to alleviate opioid tolerance and withdrawal, this works better than many other things.

Yup. But two different mechanisms. The Rosemary honey I’m not as sure on exactly how but naloxone antagonizes the effect. For RTX it’s due to its effect on TRPV1 which essentially makes the body think it needs to release endorphins to counter the perceived “damage” and subsequent pain.

RTX is actually considered a neurotoxin but is highly selective for TRPV1. Upon some research though it seems heat/heat capsaicin is a more potent neurotoxin than RTX. (Also they seem much worse for neo-nates than adults.)

Also analgesia from these drugs also comes from desensitization of TRPV1.

-GC

Yup. But two different mechanisms. The Rosemary honey I’m not as sure on exactly how but naloxone antagonizes the effect. For RTX it’s due to its effect on TRPV1 which essentially makes the body think it needs to release endorphins to counter the perceived “damage” and subsequent pain.

RTX is actually considered a neurotoxin but is highly selective for TRPV1. Upon some research though it seems heat/heat capsaicin is a more potent neurotoxin than RTX. (Also they seem much worse for neo-nates than adults.)

Also analgesia from these drugs also comes from desensitization of TRPV1.

-GC
I'm pretty sure both are just opening the TRPV1 channel enough for the calcium influx to kill the cell (TRP channels are nonselective for cations).

I would love to titrate resiniferatoxin as a culinary thing.

Real weird though, I was reading about TRPV1 ligands a few hours ago. There is an iodinated form of RTX which acts as a highly potent antagonist of those channels.

I've always found it interesting that endocannabinoids are TRPV1 agonists (and just how a lot of cross talk between those two systems seemingly exists)

I’ve used capsaicin extensively for pain, it’s best as an oral pain reliever but can work elsewhere both topically and when ingested. It’s a drug to me, I also eat hot stuff daily in an addictive fashion.

Try some euphorbia honey, it contains resiniferatoxin which is 1000x hotter than capsaicin. It lasts much longer so you can get a similar endorphin high but one that should last much longer than short acting capsaicin.

-GC

How can you consume something so hot? The wiki says it causes chemical burns, and that it causes extreme pain when taken orally even in sub-microgram amounts.

I would assume that any relief afforded by the endorphins released by the peppers would be totally negated by the devastating effects upon your bowels...
A bit off-topic, but not everyone is susceptible to the chilli-poos. Personally, I can eat 1-million Scoville hot peppers and still feel fine on the toilet the next day. Some people seem to be immune to it. My personal theory is that such people like myself who don't get the chill ring-sting, have an enzyme that breaks down the hurty compound (technical term) during digestion. Does anyone know for sure and can back up my theory?

i mean, what are chilli poos. i guess. lol.
i love hot food thank gawwd if it's good for pain. lol.

i mean, what are chilli poos. i guess. lol.
i love hot food thank gawwd if it's good for pain. lol.
Some people, after they eat spicy food, the chilli comes out the other end and hurts their intestines and bum.

It doesn't happen to me, no matter how hot the chillis are.

^jk

I actually have had the same experience as @n3ophy7e described. I've pooped like seven times (opioid wd), but there's been zero burning or ring sting or anything.

I'm pretty sure both are just opening the TRPV1 channel enough for the calcium influx to kill the cell (TRP channels are nonselective for cations).

I would love to titrate resiniferatoxin as a culinary thing.

Real weird though, I was reading about TRPV1 ligands a few hours ago. There is an iodinated form of RTX which acts as a highly potent antagonist of those channels.

I've always found it interesting that endocannabinoids are TRPV1 agonists (and just how a lot of cross talk between those two systems seemingly exists)

That was my take away too, so technically speaking capsaicin is a neurotoxin too but obviously with the amount of consumption that happens it’s not one to worry about.

RTX most definitely could be used in a culinary fashion. It’s an interesting tingle that lasts and lasts. Euphorbia honey has complex flavors too that make it desirable in other ways. Which brings me to my next point…

How can you consume something so hot? The wiki says it causes chemical burns, and that it causes extreme pain when taken orally even in sub-microgram amounts.

All about the dosage :) Capsaicin in its pure form is also a nasty beast if too much is consumed in one way or another. The amounts found in the Euphorbia honey often found commercially are very minute. The stuff I have, at like half a teaspoon you’ll get tingles in the mouth and back of the throat that are still fairly light compared to say eating a jalapeño.

Euphorbia honey is a honeydew honey. Certain insects will consume parts of the plant then excrete a still nutrient rich sugar filled substance called honeydew. The bees then use this instead of pollen or nectar. In the case of Euphorbia, a bit of the spicy potent latex comes along for the ride.

What’s interesting is how the tingles feel, they are very pin point and precise. Also the burn lasts in mouth for about 30min and in the throat for at least over an hour. If served as a dish your guests will get to enjoy the sensory experience for long after the meal has ceased. But the burn/tingle is not uncomfortable at least for me.

I’ve always paid the piper for my misdeeds of eating too much spice. It’s gotten exponentially worse after chemo where I’ve almost had to give it up. I got a jar of extra hot salsa I bought recently that I can’t even eat probably gotta toss it :( It’s not going in, it’s the next morning when the pains so bad I’m contemplating eating a bullet.

-GC

Last edited:
It sounds counter intuitive due to some of the.. physical side effects of opiate withdrawal, but I used to eat raw jalapeños topped with a friends home made ghost/habanero sauce to ease symptoms. The endorphin rush will get you feeling nice enough to get up and do things instead of rolling around on the floor in aching pain.

I was already familiar with the power of capsaicin, I used to consume dried ghost pepper flakes periodically through the day just for the nice burn and rush

It doesn't make me spit fire out of both ends, so I guess i'm lucky in that regard

It somewhat worked? The mouth-pain helped distract me from the agony in my legs (for like 5-10 mins max) for a bit. I also would get some mood elevation.
By no means does it CURE withdrawal in any way and it's very temporary...but I'd definitely use it again, if desperate. Anyone who has has SEVERE chronic pain will know, sometimes something completely taking your mind off of it (even if it's to focus on a different pain elsewhere) for just a few minutes can be an enormous relief.
I'd say it helps with pain moreso than the withdrawal itself.