• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Very heavy daily marijuana smoker- tolerance spontaneously disappeared

Timbuktu

Greenlighter
My friend is a daily marijuana smoker of 7 years, he smoked a half oz a week. His tolerance was very very high, he'd rip 8 or 9 bowls to get a small buzz With no tolerance break, or decrease in smoking marijuana started to effect begun to effect him very very strongly. He woke up, smoked a bowl, felt fine, took a tiny dab, as he has many times, and got higher than he can remember being. That was three weeks ago. From then on he smoke 1 or two hits and is extremely stoned as it was when he had just started smoking. It is not due to potency, it's hard to explain because it so weird, but something is very abnormal, he can't rip a bowl without getting to stoned to do anything except Go to sleep. I did not think marijuana tolerance could disappear like this, as THC is in your fat cells, can someone explain this? I can't find any info anywhere.

No he just smokes marijuana, recently began taking a multivitamin, but he doubts that could cause it.

He understands that people reading this may be just writing this off as it seems ridiculous, probonally just smoked some dank, but please understand that his tolerance really did disappear, he even gets neauses when he smokes a lot like you can when your a beginner. Please if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated, this is incredibly strange, I can't find any info on it, but if he can find an explanation perhaps he can share whatever he did, or perhaps he has a neurological problem, but he can't rest until he figures this out, because the only other option is to quit smoking, which is an option but not one he wants to do.

Last edited:
He understands that people reading this may be just writing this off as it seems ridiculous, probonally just smoked some dank, but please understand that his tolerance really did disappear, he even gets neauses when he smokes a lot like you can when your a beginner. Please if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated, this is incredibly strange, I can't find any info on it, but if he can find an explanation perhaps he can share whatever he did, or perhaps he has a neurological problem, but he can't rest until he figures this out, because the only other option is to quit smoking, which is an option but not one he wants to do.

Without knowing his daily food/med intake or history of medical issues its pretty hard to guess.most ppl would love to hit reset on our tolerance issue.he just needs to take it slow.

I'm not writing this off, as this is something that has happened to me before as well. Cannabis seems to be unpredictable for me, one month I'm barely getting high, next month I'm getting more high, one month cannabis is anxiolytic, next month I'm having trouble warding off anxiety after smoking. I don't know why this happens, and I'm sure this doesn't happen to everyone but for some reason I've experienced something similar. It seems like with the flip of a switch cannabis can turn on me, for better or worse.

Sure most people would love to reset there tolerance but they can't because that's supposedly impossible, but it's happening to me, so there has to be an abnormal reason, and it could be a symptom of somthing so i need to figure out why this is happening I try to eat three meals, but generally eat two, days before this started I starting to try to eat healthier, but that has since stopped for the most part. No medical problems.

I'm probably speaking out of turn here, I do not know your friend and cannot understand what he is really experiencing. But it is possible he is developing anxiety from smoking. To start with, marijuana is a hallucinogen. yes there is a tolerance associated with cannabinoid receptors but in the end your high is dependent on setting/situation. Many chronic users seem to account that after long periods of time smoking regularly, they begin to get unusually stoned from smoking and it typically makes them very anxious. Obviously this is a longshot because I do not know what exactly is making your friend feel more "stoned" regarding the experience. However it is not unusual for chronic users to develop anxiety and for the high to become too overwhelming for them. It's often the reason heavy daily users quit.

Essentially your friend's mental state while stoned may be changing, causing the high to seem more overwhelming, and sometimes this manifests itself in anxiety. Just my 2 cents though. Marijuana is a very psychologically unpredictable drug, effects people very differently. People have differing opinions regarding it and it's possible for that subjective experience to change as they grow older and use chronically for longer periods of time.

well get your liver checked(is MJ proccesed threw the liver?) check sober blood pressure levels too.

If any of you are ladies, there's research linking fluctuating highs from various substances to the menstrual cycle.

If not, you may just be getting inconsistent quality weed. Even if you're buying from the same source, it IS a plant.

it's only a slight possibility, but if he is not used to weed with CBD in it, if his usual mainstay was high THC strains switching or starting to use strains with CBD could contribute to a similar symptom. CBD potentates other cannabinoids like THC, by increasing CB1 receptor density or through another CB1-related mechanism, CBD also prolongs THC effects by inhibition of the cytochrome P-450-3A and 2C enzymes while it also acts as a 5-HT1A receptor agonist. (we updated the wiki last year on this) So if he is now using a CBD high strain there would be noticeable difference in effect over Haze and other high THC low CBD strains. For a long time in the 90's many strains had such low CBD levels it was undetectable but all of that is changing with medical marijuana bringing the CBD strains back, Kush for example used to be 20% THC with little CBD, now there is s CBD strain out with equal 7:7 of both CBD and THC.

CBD is actually really healthy for the body, boost the immune system and helps calm nerves and anxiety so if this is what is causing the weed to have a stronger effect it is a good thing, you are simply returning to your natural state of well being were excess and THC abuse is not necessary to feel the good vibe of mother earth.

However, please do not rule out other contributing factors such as bad health or various toxins in the hypothalamus for example fluoride tho I have never read of any study that demonstrated potentate of THC effects due to toxins or other endocannabinoid related disorders, tho in theory there are a few illnesses that could contribute to hyper activity of the underlining system.