• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Very bizarre expired Aderall XR trip. (Imput/help needed!!!)(90 mg total)

AbusedTampon

Bluelighter
This a pretty long report, but I would really appreciate anyone who has experience/knowledge on this topic, would please take the time to read this as it may help me come to a conclusion, with your imput/advice, which will very much help me, thank you to anyone who reads the whole report! :)
So I sort of posted about this 'trip' in the basic drug section in the form of a question as to what the hell went wrong with my Aderall 'trip', but still clueless as to why and what my trip turned into the near opposite of a normal Adderall trip, I have decided to share it here, in a more popular forum section, maybe someone will have the answer here...hopefully

(Instead of making a full thought out report here, I needed answers faster and I assumed basic drug dissicusion was the place to put it but unfortunately, I didn't get an answer there so I am really hoping I can get one here, and also I now have the time to write an in depth report rather than a sloppy quick jumble which I did not want to put in Trip Reports.)

Now my conundrum in order:

I had acquired some Adderall XR 10 mg capsules from someone I know very well and trust, who had it sitting in his medicine cabinet for 4 years! He forget it in there as he did not need it. He gladly gave it to me and told me that it had not been messed with or even used more then the few times he tried taking it, but it obviously was not for him.
So I got home with them and decided to observe them just to make sure it wasn't some really stupid prank, or something as joke, but I observed them a little and confirmed that they were in fact legitimate Adderall XR 10 mg. (Light blue top cover of the capsule with "Amphetamine salt 10 mg" written across it and a dark blue clear end part of the capsule with very tiny visible orange balls. Around 40 in each capsule but that is just a rough estimate. Just in case any of you were curious.)

JUST SO YOU KNOW:
(I also would like to add that I've been taking tramadol for almost 6 months now, for leg pain and have a 150 mg+ tolerance for it and each time I say I dosed up on add, yes both the time it worked and didn't, I took 50 mg of tramadol 30 minutes prior to dosing up on the add. But because of my tolerance of tramadol it had almost no effect on the Adderall, just eased my leg pain. Just figure I would add that information in case someone can figure out if it actually had a role in my Adderal experience being weird, but to my knowledg/experience, it does and did not have any effect on the trip other than reducing my pain.)

IMPORTANT!!!!
(THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
(To understand why I am so confused about my trip, please read this part for it to make sense!)
The DAY before this report, I took 30 mg (3 capsules) of the expired Adderall that I just got that day, all within 40 minutes, and only 2 of the 3 capsules (20 mg) I took ORALLY, crushing beads up in my mouth, and snorting one of the one's between the time I took the first and second

(which snorting that one didn't do shit fyi)
However, the 2 I took orally, kicked in in the usual Adderall manner, 40 or so minutes after and got a ton of energy and euphoria from it for the usual 2-3 hours. This, I THOUGHT 100% meant that they were completely normal, but as you will find out from my trip TODAY, I was somewhat wrong, and still am very confused as to why they worked this first time, but not in this next day trip.)

(Sorry for all the minor information, I just wanted to have everything that happened written out just in case someone can associate it with my weird trip.)

FINALLY THE BIZARRE TRIP:
So after trying them out on a test run I decided to, the night before, take 60 mg of the beaded Adderall and crush it up very finely, which I did, I then poured all 60 mg of the powder back into the 6 capsules and left them till the next morning:

(Woke up at 7:30 am for a time of reference.)

00:00 Decided I needed a small boost to wake up, as I JUST did, so I crushed up another 10 mg capsule and snorted it, as well as took my daily tramadol (50 mg)

00:15 Waited 15 minutes and got a very small buzz from snorting, but enough to get me going. I felt it 2-4 minutes after railing it. As I said, very minor buzz, just a bit of a kick start, mayb even a placebo not 100% sure.

00:30 Still felt nothing more from the 10 mg I railed so I assumed I would need a lot more to get tweaky. So I took the 6 capsules of crushed up beads from the night before, totalling in at 70 mg including the 10 mg I snorted, and proceeded to wait until it kicked in.

01:00 Still felt nothing even though the Adderall SHOULD have been kicking in by now, getting a little annoyed.

01:30 Ok an hour has gone by, so why the fuck aren't I feelin anything yet? Getting very frustrated and confused.

02:30 Fuck it, two hours have gone by and I don't feel any different whatsoever. Not at all what happened yesterday. With my frustration I take one last attempt at getting some use from this Adderall, so I proceed to take 2 more capsules (20 more mg) and do so as the way I did the first time they worked, and so I dump both amount of beads from each capsule into my mouth and crunch them up as best as my chewing abilities allow. If this won't work I'm going to be very angry and disappointed.

03:10 To my amazement, just like the day before, 40 minutes after taking the 20 mg of beads and crushing them in my mouth. (Again I am purposely emphasizing the certain way I took these, you'll understand by the end of this report why I am emphasizing this.) I get a rush of clarity, focus, rising euphoria, BUT I did NOT get the amazing energy, nearly every Adderall dose distributes, which was weird but I kept waiting patiently, almost anxious for the energy to kick, which should have ALREADY, but I gave hope for it (In vain, however.) And at this time I was in need of energy for some important work I had to do, which is why I got frustrated for the Adderall not working earlier, I was very much needing it to help me out.
(The first trip gave me a great amount of energy the first time I took these Adds, and I was no more tired that first time than I am this time, yet this time, as you will soon find out, the lack of energy manifested into the complete opposite of the energy I needed and got the first time.)

04:00 All effects I had yesterday were present, but definitely not as intense. I.E: Dry mouth, focus, some clarity, very talkative, and euphoria.
(only got body euphoria unfortunately, almost no brain/mind euphoria, actually felt empty in my head, but not a good way, in a certain kind of depressing way, however wasn't that bad, just nothing like the amazing Adderall "king of the world" feeling which actually WAS present the first time, but oddly and unfortunately was NOT at all present this time.)
But all these effects were nowhere NEAR what 90 mg should feel to someone with no tolerance. Still kept expecting more to come but it only got worse in a very strange way: I felt drowsy as hell in the opiate kind of way which was NOT what Adderall was supposed to do, in fact it's the opposite. This had me starting to worry as to why this Adderall was doing the near opposite of what it did the first time and should always do. But I tried as hard as possible to try and enjoy my crazy ass state of drowsiness/euphoria.

04:30 Ok what the actual fuck, I feel as though I took some oxy's not Adderall, I feel the usual Adderall affects, but the amazing energy has been replaced with a strong opiate-like drowsiness that feels somewhat good but Adderall is NOT supposed to do this. Very confused I try to remember if I had done something I forget, that could have possibly induced this drowsiness, but no, nothing I can remember doing could have been the cause of my drowsy state. I remember getting enough sleep and I'm 1000.1% sure that I took nothing more than the Adderall, and my daily tramadol which at the dose I took did nothing more than slightly have me in a more relaxed state, not in a fucking drowsy state of oddity that Adderall has never given me up until this day. So what the fuck, why is this Adderall being weaker than the first time I dosed up at 30 mg even though this time it's nearly 90 mg! I really tried to avoid thinking on it too much I instead tried to embrace the positives over the negatives as hard as I could, but this wasn't right, I'm not supposed to letting myself nearly fall asleep for feeling good, I'm supposed to be full energy and super focused. Very confusing as to why this happened.

05:00 Still a pretty strong body euphoria but not like Adderall always is, but more similar to opiates, but at the same time more similar towards regular Adderall, just without any whatsoever energy, but rather very drowsy euphoria. Very bizarre to the which I cannot wrap my brain around it. I have to force myself to move around and do simple tasks, as I'm in too much of a drowsy/euphoric state to do things that normally, I can do easily, or that I was able to do easily the first time I dosed up on this expired Adderall.
AS I STATED BEFORE! I did NOT take anything else to induce my current state OTHER than my tram and the Adderall. Please do not say "Oh you must have taken something else and have forgotten. For I am definitely positive I did not.)
Very confused, why would I feel like this from Adderall. I decided to wait it out which I gladly did as the as the euphoria was pleasant but the drowsiness was an unfortunate negative for me as at the time I really wanted energy more than drowsiness. But I kept waiting.

07:00 So seven hours later I lay here feeling as though I just crashed from a crazy tweak out on Adderall but insead, to my dismay, it was a very drowsy mild euphoric body high that felt just like a Adderall trip but at the same time, exactly the opposite. I still connot wrap my brain around this. Definitely going to sleep in a couple hours after I'm with this report haha.

CONCLUSION & VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS.(Please read!)
So I finished writing that last part a couple of hours, I wrote the whole trip report after the trip if you were wondering, and I'm still very tired, which I'm rarely ever tired at this time, I can easily say that the trip has died but my confusion has not. I have no idea why the Adderall had this very uncommon effect on me and I have some very important questions that I very much need the answer to:
Why did I get drowsy from the Adderall, was it because I took 90 mg with no tolerance? Was it because it was 4 years expired? Was it because I took it incorrectly? (I mean the time intervals that I took different doses at.)
And my BIG question is:
WHY, WHY THE HELL does this expired Adderall XR NOT WORK orally when the beads are crushed up and left for around 16 hours inside a cool, dry place BUT slightly work when I snort that powder, still not like normal Adderall snorting, BUT WHY DOES TAKING THE BEADS RIGHT OUT THE CAPSULE AND CRUNCHING THEM IN YOUR MOUTH WORK, BUT CRUSHING THEM INTO A POWDER THE DAY BEFORE, NOT WORK!?!??!
I am very, VERY confused, if anyone can give me a 100% sure answer I will appreciate it so much. Thanks for reading and if you have any answers/advice I will gladly like to hear, don't be shy I am in need of input And sorry if this report was a little sloppy and chaotic, I really don't know how to express my confusion any better.

P.S I'm going to take 40 mg tomorrow morning but only crush up the beads orally and see if I can finally prove for sure that crushing 4 year old Adderall XR somehow weakens it emensley, but eating the beads is the only to make it work. I won't post it as a separate report, but rather I'll post it in this thread in case anyone is actually interested in my valiant quest to find out what the actual fuck is wrong with 4 year old Adderall XR Is and why does the way it is prepared and taken affect it's outcome so tremendously.

(Sorry for any mistakes I've made in my report, I'm really tired and with such a long report I really don't have the energy to fix a completely minor error.)
IMPUTE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED
Thank you!

Well I read your whole post and I can't specifically answer your question, but I have personal experience that leads me to a theory I guess. (So I'm just stating it's only my opinion on the matter, not based off of any scientifical evidence)

I take 20mg a day as prescribed and once or twice a month binge pretty hardcore for my personal tolerance (around 100mg). When I go on a binge it's usually snorted and just taken without crushing the beads.

I've always noticed though, when I take a really high dose all at once or within a short period of time, I, like you, get that weird euphoric sleepy feeling.

I've thought about it and the only thing I've come up with is that your brain has taken in so much ampetamine that you are so focused on whatever that it turns me into like a zombie. Can't think straight, move slow, talk slower.

I'm with you in the fact I would like to know the actual logistics of what causes that strange state of mind. Like I said though that's just my theory and just wanted to share my similar experience.

I don't think it's cause of the fact it's old and expired, I don't think it's cause of the tram, and I don't think it's necessarily your ROA. even though it can have slightly different effects taking orally versus snorting. I do think your tolerance could have something to do with it though.

All of this is just my opinion from personal experience, but I hope it might've helped a little bit.

Good luck

Well I read your whole post and I can't specifically answer your question, but I have personal experience that leads me to a theory I guess. (So I'm just stating it's only my opinion on the matter, not based off of any scientifical evidence)

I take 20mg a day as prescribed and once or twice a month binge pretty hardcore for my personal tolerance (around 100mg). When I go on a binge it's usually snorted and just taken without crushing the beads.

I've always noticed though, when I take a really high dose all at once or within a short period of time, I, like you, get that weird euphoric sleepy feeling.

I've thought about it and the only thing I've come up with is that your brain has taken in so much ampetamine that you are so focused on whatever that it turns me into like a zombie. Can't think straight, move slow, talk slower.

I'm with you in the fact I would like to know the actual logistics of what causes that strange state of mind. Like I said though that's just my theory and just wanted to share my similar experience.

I don't think it's cause of the fact it's old and expired, I don't think it's cause of the tram, and I don't think it's necessarily your ROA. even though it can have slightly different effects taking orally versus snorting. I do think your tolerance could have something to do with it though.

All of this is just my opinion from personal experience, but I hope it might've helped a little bit.

Good luck
Thanks for the input! But I finally and fortunately have found the answer to my conundrum. It was a combination of very bad sleep deprivation, going from taking 30 mg to 90 mg thus inducing very harsh side effects, almost none to very little food within 24 h, and finally me just being the oblivious dumbass I usually am and not noticing why what happened, happened. I tried again yesterday after getting well deserved sleep, eating sufficiently, AND I forget to mention, the tramadol actually DID have an effect. It made me drowsy as hell. The sleep deprivation REALLY potentiated the drowsiness. So this time I did all I mentioned and did not take my tramadol, dosed up at 30 mg and Success!! It worked perfectly. Thank you for reading I feel like such an idiot for not noticing sooner, But I learn from my mistakes :-/

Don't feel like an idiot. I got prescribed like 5 months ago so every month I notice something new that confuses me.

But the sleep deprivation and lack of food/water really play into the over all experience. I tend to find myself not eating and or drinking enough water and it really messes with mE. As long as you keep control of that (which I see you clearly understand before me even saying that) then it's usually not to bad.

I'm glad to hear it turned out better the next time. adderall is a wonderful drug if taken responsibly.

Spot on! Adderall is a great drug it's just very finicky and you ought to be careful in the circumstances you take it. But definitely keeping the responsibility with it :)