View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very bad trip please read

Ericksantos

Greenlighter
IF YOU ARE SLEEP DEPRIVED DO NOT DO SHROOMS ! Alright so this was my second experience taking shrooms, first thing i want to clear out is that i dont abuse them, i use them for knowledge , help and spiritual journeys, my first experience went excellent, i was alone with a great mind set at the time and i took them at night, it was the most beautiful experience i had ever had and i felt part of the world and nature, i looked out my window for hours playing with the clouds and enviorment , speaking to the world and wanting to fly away with the wind each time a breeze came, ill now go to the bad trip, i got a small 1.7 gram bag from my buddy and decided to have another journey alone thinking it would go excactly like the first, i was going to take them that night at home but i decided for my second trip i wanted it to be during the day outdoors to see if it was a even more beautiful experience. Since i decided not to take them night i made a plan to take them right when sun came up, being very excited and idiotic i decided i should just stay up all night incase i overslept, i was also up the whole day before and only got a 4hour sleep the night before . I read articles of shrooming while sleep deprived , some said its ok and some said dont do it but i did it. i hicked bymyself to a near forest in my hometown where me and my old budds used to hang out back in highschool, we had tables and chairs and would blow ganja all the time, it was a place i trusted and felt comfortable in, i ate my shrooms with a tall glass of orange juice and sat getting my weed and pipe ready to smoke when i would start to feel the effects, i sat for 40 minutes and started to feel the first affects, mild body high and small things that my eye would catch, 1 hour and 20 minutes in is when i definetly felt the effect and from that second i knew i fucked up badly, with 99% percent of me under the effects there was a 1% percent of me that did not feel right, as much as i tried to ignore it, let go, put music and think of something else, it was still there and i could hear my heart beating from alittle fear and worriness, i knew from there on it was going to get bad because this isnt my first bad trip, the last time i took lsd it was a bad experience and it started to feel the same.

it was a beautiful sunny day with a great view or the mountains , only 20 minutes into my trip and i started freaking out hoping this feeling would go away and the trip would end soon but i knew there was still hours to wait and it was only beginning, to try to take my mind of it i listened to music and sat there tripping looking at faces on the trees, i swear to you i heard the shroom rabbit, i heard his voice in my head, he said "so you wana eat shrooms, follow me let me take you, follow me down the rabbit hole" but he said it in a very scary tone. i got up and went for a hike to feel better, i walk down a nice long trail and this would just not go away, ignoring it wouldnt work so i tryed to let go and be happy and let the trip and badness take me and pass by but it just go even worste since the trip was getting more intense by the minute, i got half way down the trail and came to a stop because there was a dark forest ahead that looked creepy as hell so i thought it would be best to head back to the little spot i was at, the mountains i was walking thru looked so huge and tall and some thing where closer some things were farther so i ended up getting lost but luckily i found my way back, i sat on the chair feeling horrible, then the voices came, i heard screams from behind me and yells that were coming from my head, i called my friend and he tried to calm me down but nothing was working, i tryed terrence mckenna method of singing along to music to give my brain oxygen but nothing was working at all and from there i understood there was no hope of turning this bad trip around, and there was no going back because i had already ate them, i sat there on the chair tripping really hard telling myself "i should of never fucking ate them " " so this is what shrooms are huh" i was pissed , and afraid, and unprepared for the worste, my friend told me that he was stopping by to leave a baggy of weed at our spot , i walked to go grab it from his car and he noticed i was tripping and i immediately told him it was a bad trip, he had me get in and drove around the corner so we could toke some bowls,the weed i brought i never ended up smoking because i was already tripping of the shrooms, he tryed to calm.me down and have comversations with me , i was hitting the pipe so hard so many times not even noticing how high i was gettiing myself, he had to leave so he dropped me back of where i was and i sat down, for the next two hours i was in hell, i sat on my chair looking at he sunny mountain view, the trip got very more intense at that moment, during my first shroom trip i had complete control over myself, i could talk, walk, and most likely be ok if anyone questioned me, this time.i had no control, i felt the shrooms taking my abilities away and i was entering a world full of horror and fear, there was still 1% of me that kept reminding myself i was on shrooms, and that im safe and its all in my head, that 1% percent saved me and held onto me from completely entering a world that my head had full control over, i went insane, bymyself for hours listening to bob marley - this is love' over and over. . i got really paranoid and everytime i would look at my watch it would be the excact same time everytime, i sat there undergoing horrible things in my head pushing thru it telling myself i could make it thru the next hours, shaking my head and rubbing my f)ace everytime i felt my head was taking over to snap out of it and come back to control, the leaves from the trees were moving and running there pointy ends down my arms over and over , then i started to loop, i got up , walked across the field were there was a gate and walked back to my chair, i did this about 6 times without realizing, i was panicking badly, then i sit on the chair and i completely lost control of everything, i blacked out but i remember what i saw, reality was not there anymore, my family did not exsist and neither did anything i knew, i went to a diffrent dimension, i know i did because i went to the same place i did when i took salvia, there was images that would come after another these images and events would keep repeating itself, i felt like i was there permanently, it felt like a warning that if i did it again, this is where i would be for the rest of eternity, just lost.i was stuck in that world forever. I was having flashes of my family, remembering who i was, wishing and hoping and.begging that they would let me go and go back to my reality that i loved so much. After being in that world for awhile i finally snapped out and i remember just being so glad i made it out. And finally feeling alittle sober or just not as much under the effects but i was, the looping was just over, i got up and told myself it was time to go home, i was having suicidal thoughts. i was walking sloppy and as i went to go grab my bag in a huge hurry to leave i ended up knocking down my friends bong and breaking it, imagine how i felt breaking.my friends bong while my feelings are enhanced 10x due to eating the shrooms? I was feeling horrible and it made everything even.worste but i had no time to do anything about, i tryed not thinking about, so i put it away and started walking, my 15 minute walk was exhausting, i was covered in sweat, walking sloppy, leaning, wanting to fall on the ground and faint, now this was yesterday, and over here in cali in my town it was 106° degrees, the streets expanded and felt miles long, but i knew i couldnt stop, all i had was my manlyhood, helping me fight my way, and keep going, and there i was, i made it home. This is were things get awful. I walk in feeling still fucked up and not the same, i go to the bathroom and hop in the shower, when i put soap my arms.felt like they were going thru my stomack and my body was morfed, i get out , go to my room, put clothes on and jump in my bed immediately, my older sister walks in , i dont even know how i made.it thru the conversation , she left, and i was alone, i was home and safe.. but it wasnt done. I wasnt there, it wasnt the normal me, i felt as if i was in third person view, and i was hearing voices in my head, i was hearing demons. I feel like this trip really fucked with my head , in a psychological way, i thought i was never going to be the same person again, very depressed, and scard traumaticly . After awhile the shroom effects were off, and i was quiet. I dont know what happens from here, i dont know if ill ever do shrooms again, maybe one day if the world wants me to, and thinks im ready. I got some sleep and feel much better, but i get stuck, and feel after affects sometimes, especially when i smoke, i feel as if my friend views me diffrent because the little weird things i do now, maybe i just have to give it some time. Leaving similar bad trip stories would be helpful. Any positive feedback or advice is always helpful. thankyou..

Last edited:
Just a suggestion OP, but you should add more line breaks if you want more responses. As it stands it is very hard to read.

I think you just need to give yourself some time and hold off on the weed and drugs for a while. It sounds like your sleep deprivation was the issue. Sometimes when we go into a trip expecting it be a certain way it turns out the complete opposite. It is actually possible to get psychosis from sleep deprivation on its own. I'm not saying you were psychotic, but the combo of little sleep and shrooms can mess with your mind. Usually bad shroom trips work themselves out rather quickly compared to something like LSD. Give yourself a few weeks, don't concentrate on the negativity, being traumatized, or put a lot of thought into how it impacted you. If you do, it can kind of work its way deeper into your psyche. Just don't use drugs for a little while, stay positive, and chalk it up as a crazy drug experience. You will start feeling better probably sooner than you think. Maybe spend some with a significant other or loved one; relationships can help give us the support we need in times like this.

I haven't had very many bad trips, the couple I had, I was in high school at the time. I had a difficult shroom experience on two chocolates. I was at a party (high school party is a terrible setting btw) my set wasn't too hot either and I had a bit of a spiritual good/evil trip. The next morning I couldn't even look into the mirror at myself. It ended pretty quickly though. I was fine in a couple of weeks. I've had plenty of good experiences since then. Kind of rocked my 16 year old brain though.

I think the important lesson you can take from this is always give mushrooms respect. They can be quite strong and unforgiving at times. Maybe keep your dosages low until you get a feel for them. Some like high dose trips, but the average person enjoys lower dosages with shroomies because they can be kind of scary when dosed too high. Just give yourself time. You will feel better soon. Best of luck.

YA FUCKED UP KID.

Okay so you took a large glass of OJ. Now orange juice is high in ascorbic acid. If you look at the metabolism of psilocybin increased under the effects of SPECIFICALLY ascorbic acid. How does it work? well Ascorbic acid actually increases the metabolism of psilocybin into psilocin as a catalyst (let me know if you want the full metabolism and I can give it to you but basically it ends up shooting more body load NT's and less psychedelics NT's). So there ya have it... instead of getting the nice trippy effects of a head high. It increases it to give: Increased body load, shorter effect (due to metabolism being sped up in a general excretion), but notice i did not say lesser effect. Instead it metabolizes quicker allowing for a shorter MORE potent, More Body load, and more shitty trip (unless you like the physical effects and jitters *No ty jeff*). It would also increase heart rate due to the increase in NT's in general (as with most agnosism of 5htp receptors (scary shit tbh)).

^^^^ I have to ask what brand OJ you drink? :)
I don't think the effects are actually thát dramatic, at least they haven't been in my experience.

Did you smoke weed on the come up when they were kicking in? The two common themes of bad trip reports are taking too much or smoking weed while tripping. It does sound a truely bad trip and the sleep deprivation can't have helped. Were they cubensis by the way?

Im pretty sure it was the oj since i drank a whole bottle full of it, it was bayview farms 100% pure orange juice, made the shrooms taste so much better, sadly not the trip ? i was going to smoke my weed on the comeup but i thought it would be a good idea to hold off on it since i was already tripping, i did end up smoking a bowl during my peak, which probly was the reason i blacked out, but thanks for the advice everyone i feel much better ?

Oh and @growit&smoke it they were golden teachers im pretty sure, the stems has 3 golden caps but i noticed one of the caps was black, and felt diffrent, i read its natural but not sure?

Umm, I don't think the OJ played that big of a part tbh. Even if you only had psilocin, it doesn't always and only cause bad trips. I think there is a bit more going on here than OJ.

I dunno. Add the fast effects of psilocin into a compressed trip for an unexperienced tripper. Add anxiety, increasing anxiety, and an inability to really deal with what was going on (the changing in physiological states and mental states) and I think that's all that happened. I mean, add bad vibes / sleep deprivation / and an unexperienced trip to most beginners and watch what happens right. Probably nothing good.

As for now... Just hope it was a bad trip. Think positive thoughts, get some sunlight, and remember that nothing bad really happens to you in this reality for no apparent reason. I'm assuming you're middle class and live pretty safe. Just focus your mind towards something for now and let mortal time ride it out :)

Much love my nigga.