• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Venlafaxine Vs. Desvenlafaxine

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
OK, so my prescriber pulled it off; due to metabolism issues a genetics test found, she got me on des-venlafaxine (Pristiq) where I was before on venlafaxine (Effexor).

The WP article leaves much to be wanted, but, and I will qualify this statement with the fact that I was in SSRI WD since my Effexor 'script wasn't immed. re-filled. I, first day using, feel a tremendous effect from desvenlafaxine.

Anyone else have experience with both of these? Ki for desven. @ SERT is 40, Ki for venla. is 82. Yet the wiki article for desven. says it has been found to be less effective than Effexor. I wonder how much of this is just having been without for about a month.

Glad you're feeling better! Hope your providers make sure you don't run out again. I'm on Effexor and have been for about 1 year. I'm tremendously grateful; for it because the effect was quick and much needed. I was suicidal, crying all the time, sleeping when I wasn't crying and completely overwhelmed with life. I was already on Zoloft and had been for 15 years...now I take both. Tried weaning off the Zoloft but symptoms returned. I love Effexor and will spend my last dollar to get my Rx refilled.
I am so glad you are finally getting some relief and hope everything works out. Don't overthink tomorrow when you feel so good today.
Peace

I am a big fan of Venlafaxine. It's perhaps the best antidepressant I have taken. Apparently it has a certain similarity to Tramadol, which I also love.

Withdrawal did not seem as difficult to me as many say, although I took it for less than a year.

Chiming in, have been on Lexapro, Zoloft and now Effexor. Only one that had ANY effect on my depression. I had been let down trying lots of meds, Pregabalin/Mirtazpine etc for anxiety.. just upped Effexor from 150 to 225mg this week and while the initial side effects from the dose increase have been rough, I know it works amazingly once the creases of introduction are ironed out. Positive effects were felt from 2 weeks at 150mg. And I was in a bad, bleak place at the time of switching over to it.

No experiences with Pristiq? It's not to be found in the U.K. but here in the U.S. millions are on it. I am the first I've heard of even getting it 'scripted, though.

Can I use Zoloft to get high?
Missed this – whether directed at me or not, I have known someone who would take upwards of 300mg of Zoloft, perhaps more, for exactly this reason: didn't have a prescription, had no tolerance…

…said they thought it better than meth: their pupils became saucers so it was pretty obvious it had an effect, which I found surprising.

↑Somehow he really enjoyed it. This was my own which I diverted for him from medline while in the penitentiary. I was several cells down and saw him up all night.

I've been a horrid enabler. Of course, I resorted to snorting Effexor in prison myself.