• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vegas Comedown - Day 3 Help!

A

aBrokenMan

I was in Vegas on the weekend none stop partying Thursday - Sunday with cocaine heavy 2 of the nights and some small amounts the other day time. In this time I slept 12hours at one period but very little sleep after that.

On Sunday I woke and straight on the beers before my flight getting pretty drunk. All that day I kept having a number of lows before getting on the flight and having a panic attack before take off. I consumed 9 coffees on the flight which didnt help and continued to have panic attacks until home and struggled to sleep that evening.

On Monday I was extremely depressed. Had pins and needles all day as well as muscle spasms. Even after not eating much for 2 days I had severe diarhera (I do have IBS) and ate only half a piece of toast on Monday. Wanted to go hospital to get on some IV drip I just couldnt take the comdown.

Monday evening when trying to sleep I had a sleep disorder called Exploding Head Syndrome brought on by sleep deprivation assuming.

Tuesday severe pains in my legs made it difficult to walk and even sleep last night.

This morning I still feel anxious and depressed. I am prone to mental health illnesses anyway and this is just severe now.

Note also, I rarely drink a lot these days and am a very healthy and fit individual so this was an unusual holiday for me.

So far taking multi vitamins like candy, drinking electrolytes and trying to be positive but struggling!

Advice and help I feel I will never be the same? :(

You will be OK and feel better once you get some rest, and get on a regular sleep cycle.

If it's really bad please go to a hospital, or have a friend or family member come over to make sure you are safe if you don't want to be alone.

You need to eat food, stay hydrated with water, and get rest. Tell yourself that what you are feeling now is just temporary and it will go away once you get some rest. Avoid using all drugs even lots of caffeine.

I have zero experience with taking benzos, sedative-hypnotic drugs, or sleeping pills so I have no advice about any of those drugs to give you.

Drink LOTS and lots of water. Cocaine and stimulants in general dehydrate you. So does alcohol. Cocaine is also very water soluble, drinking water will help to start cleaning out your body. The muscle pains can also be attributed to dehydration.

As far as the depression, this is also common with stimulant binges. Your serotonin levels are way out of whack from days of cocaine use. Only time will even this out. Klonapins are wonderful for taking the edge off and calming down anxiety as they last longer than shorting acting benzos such as Xanax, but Xanax is better for fast acting relief.

Vitamins are also like any other substance, too many of them can have negative effects. What vitamins are you taking specifically? A melatonin supplement can be wonderful for getting your sleep schedule back on track.

Basically, force yourself to eat, drink plenty of water, and sleep. Your body will level itself out. Trust me.

fluids, fluids and rest. the thing you really neeed most is sleep, try runnning a hot bath and having a non-caffeinated drink after then avoid any TV screens and settle down witha book :)
but if you feel your mental health is slipping then contact friends and/or family immediately, don't isolate yourself. if you can't do that there are hotlines to call or go to hospital.