• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vegan alternatives for gelatin capsules

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
I am asking this on behalf of my friend who is doing kratom and wants to have his dose in easily ingested form and I suggested him to use gel caps and I was being informed that it is a big no for vegans as gel caps are made out of gelatin.

Well should have thought about it as I did know that gel caps are made out of gelatin which is animal based and of course vegans won't use those but as I am not vegan I didn't think about it :)

I am quite sure that there are some non animal based alternatives out there but neither of us has found one.

I for myself would have more issues on taking kratom instead of regulated pharmaceutical products than using gel caps but each to his own.

If someone knows where to acquire these online please let me know.

I can offer the information that I was able to find someone supplying them via a simple Google search of a broad idea like vegan gel caps. They do appear to be more expensive and to be honest I never had a hard time finding them online when I was looking. We dont allow sources, be it legal or not, but Google should yield results if you thumb through gel cap providers.

I dont think you can find them in store, not that you were asking directly anyway. I never tried to find empty capsules but i would imagine them to be hard to find in a store then you add the difficulty of them being "atypical" capsules... you definitely need to go online if you want them at any decent price with out going to every single vitamin store and going "uhh i need empty gel caps, they also have to be vegan as well as size 00"

Tried first doing a google search of course without results and tried again and no results.

As you could find out them I tried again but turned VPN on and set it to Canada and after that I'll get results.

Weird. Seems like some jerk has blocked words gel cap here :D

Thats so strange as I was able to find them by searching "vegan gel caps" and its literally the Google ad, its the second one down and you have to look through the page as its not its own category... the "vegetarian" area is full of other garbage but my proof is this:

Capsuline Clear Vegetarian Empty Capsules Size 00
4 Reviews
When you want an empty capsule that is 100% plant derived and will let the color and texture of your non-light sensitive pill ingredients show through, these clear veg caps are the answer.

Availability: In stock

I cant post the link or I would we dont all create the rules but we follow them :)

I am in the US though... that might change things.

I live in Finland and during this year our national safety police got rights to block out search words and they do it by sending google and other major search sites operating in EU a list of words they wan't to block.

I guess they have some kind of a chimpanzee doing the work as they have blocked plenty of search words they shouldn't have.

Once they had for instance took a thread out of finnish psychedelic drugs forum and blocked every single english word in that thread which lead to some funny consequences for a day until they unblocked them :)

Edit: One more reason to use VPN here. I used to have VPN only because I could watch anime series from crunchyroll when they are published in USA but there are plenty of reasons why to use it now.