• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Varying the Decarb Temp and Time

Mescaline Man

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience varying the decarboxylation temp and time? I have tried 2 different methods on the same nuggets and the resultant effects were very different.

1. 325F for 5 minutes: This produced a very uplifting and active sativa-type high. I have tried this on various types of bud and it seems to produce the same high regardless of what goes into it. I have read that decarb temps above 300 convert some THC into CBD, which would reinforce this idea.

2. 240F for 30 minutes: This produced a very sedating and couch-lock type high reminiscent of powerful indica. I have tried this a few times, though I tend to go with recipe (1) since I am partial to sativa-type highs.

Let me know what you guys think!

I saw a youtube flick where they lab tested several different recipes.The recipe with the most activated THC, was when they decarbed it at 240, for 40 minutes, and then sprayed it lightly with 151 proof booze.The Alcohol broke down the cell structure so more thc was released.They then mixed it with Coconut oil and simmered it for several hours.I haven't tried the recipe but am going to soon.