• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Various supplements

Walmart usually has some, I've tried other bands and not really noticed much difference. It's definitely anxiolytic, I was blocked from tripping hard on DMT last night from 400mg of it. Usually I'd just take 200mg at night and that was fine. Some people have megadosed it to 1g or so and said it felt like 0.25mg of xanax or something.

I need to obtain some L-theanine.
I've taken l-theanine both with and without caffeine, and although I never noticed any psychoactive effects from it, it always kept my anxiety at bay. I think that I've read a 2:1 ratio, so in other words 200mg. of l-theanine for every 100mg. of caffeine. (I'm sensitive to caffeine, so I usually do a 4:1 ratio.)

I've taken l-theanine both with and without caffeine, and although I never noticed any psychoactive effects from it, it always kept my anxiety at bay. I think that I've read a 2:1 ratio, so in other words 200mg. of l-theanine for every 100mg. of caffeine. (I'm sensitive to caffeine, so I usually do a 4:1 ratio.)
I’m sensitive to caffeine too! Would probably do the same, then. Thanks for these suggestions.

Kava is good for relaxation. I have heard that it can be hard on the liver, so I don’t take it with acetaminophen. My best friend takes it for her anxiety. I take a lot of kratom (for pain) so I don’t use kava at the same time as that, either. But I’ve heard kratom is hard to come by in Australia?
Thank you for your reply. I also heard kava can cause liver damage. I'm glad kratom helps you. It's very hard to find in Australia and illegal here so I don't bother with it any more as there are too many scammers out there.

L-theanine is pretty decent at 300-500mg doses, however tolerance develops rapidly, and I seem to have developed a permanent tolerance.

It relaxes, but doesn't seem to improve sleep much.

There are capsules with 2:1 ratio of L-theanine and caffeine, it feels very, very smooth. Too much more L-theanine and it cancels out the caffeine completely. I learned this last winter when I had horrible headaches all the time and would use those capsules sometimes at night but I'd be kept awake, so I tried it with 400mg L-theanine and got zero pain relief from a combo that usually destroyed headaches (1000mg tylenol, 400mg ibuprofen, 100mg caffeine)

I can't take kava because of the nausea. I was on kratom for about a year, but it can be very addictive. If you take a lot and then quit cold-turkey, it's like coming off of Oxy or any other opioid. I managed to taper off of it over a very long period of time. Over about 6 months, I went from 50+mg. a day down to like 4 or 5. I haven't had it in a couple of months now.

What type of kava were you using, medium grind or micronized? both have to be strained, despite some people saying micronized can be taken straight. It's horrible on your stomach. I never felt nausea from it personally but my stomach would get upset from unstrained micronized. Kratom is more likely to cause nausea than kava. But yeah I'm curious what form you were using, if medium grind isn't strained then yeah you're in for a world of hurt. In any case I always took ginger with kava just in case it could upset my stomach, but it never did except when I did micronized unstrained for a little while.

Taking L-Dopa (Which is turned straight in to dopamine in the body.) or something containing it like Mucuna dopa can apparently lower serotonin levels if you take it often enough and that would obviously make your anxiety worse.
You’d be best off consuming L-Tyrosine, that way your body can control how much dopamine it wishes to make.

Black seed oil (Nigella sativa) is really good for not only improving mood but also increasing vivid dreams, helping lower opioid withdrawal, cravings and tolerance.
It also helps to do this with amphetamine type stimulants too, I’m not sure if it works similar with cocaine though but I did notice myself wanting to less frequently redose last time I had cocaine and BSO.

A great nootropic is modafinil and its analogues, that helps CFS but only the mental energy side not the physical.

Black seed oil (Nigella sativa) is really good for not only improving mood but also increasing vivid dreams, helping lower opioid withdrawal, cravings and tolerance.
I need to check that out. As you can tell by my name, dreaming is one of my favorite hobbies (especially lucid ones)!

Regards,
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

Since I started on instant powder kava I believe I am addicted. I don't know what to do. I can't afford to keep this up and also I don't really like how it makes me feel yet I'm addicted. I don't know how to explain it but it's like I like it but don't like it.

Since I started on instant powder kava I believe I am addicted. I don't know what to do. I can't afford to keep this up and also I don't really like how it makes me feel yet I'm addicted. I don't know how to explain it but it's like I like it but don't like it.
I was like that with kratom. Better to get off it now instead of do what I did and take it for 5+ years and have some ultra prolonged withdrawal.
That being said I know absolutely nothing about kava or what it's physical addiction is like or what it mimics.
Anyway my point is, the earlier you do it, the easier it'll be when it's time to pay the piper

Thank you for your good advice and letting me know. On second consideration I was thinking of using it in a social situation that I would normally shy away from that is planned out already. With all the different supplements I have (including ones I haven't mentioned like and energy and hair supplement with iodine) I have decided to try one energy supplement at a time and give it a go rather than take different things different days otherwise I won't know what is doing what. I also find I feel very weird after the phenibut but not sure if it's that or something else like the piracetam so I am going to space everything out.

In my experience, Gabapentinoids are very pro-social much like Qlcohol. For someone who is shy, it could be q good way of getting you over that hump.

I was like that with kratom. Better to get off it now instead of do what I did and take it for 5+ years and have some ultra prolonged withdrawal.
That being said I know absolutely nothing about kava or what it's physical addiction is like or what it mimics.
Anyway my point is, the earlier you do it, the easier it'll be when it's time to pay the piper
Thank you for your reply. Sorry you experienced that with kratom. I hope you can wean off it someday when you want to or need to. I don't think I would be able to stay on the kava that long as the physical side effects were so bad after even 2 weeks of heavy use. Unpleasant like I was poisoned from it so I don't want it again. I still crave something else though but as you say you eventually have to pay the piper with anything artificial that makes you feel good.