• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Vaporizing 5-MAPB: Works amazingly well! Is it a bad idea?

ForGreatScience

Bluelighter
Caution: The actions described in this post are highly dangerous and I do not condone them being repeated by others.

Well, I did it. I vaporized some 5-MAPB, not really expecting too much and was absolutely blown away by its effectiveness and how cleanly/smoothly it vapes.

Let me explain how I decided to try this: Early this morning (I had been up all night vaping 3-FPM) I was researching some of the newer RCs. Reading the 5-EAPB thread I got to the bottom and was rather surprised by this comment about its vapability:
Anyone else find theirs vapes like it was made for it? I never vaped drugs of this class, but my previous experiences(nasal) with this chemical resulted in a high stimulation at the onset, with paranoia and a stimulating push. Then transitioning to a more rolling effects. This seems to differ from the effets described in other's experiences.

Being that I was getting those stimulant centered effects, and the product was by all appearances quite pure. I thought I'd see what it did on foil. It smelled vaguely of a PV but not as seminal. Melted clean, and easy. 10mg doses was a start, so it doesn't take much.

I had never heard of the benzofurans being vaporized before, but reading this I assumed people must have been doing it in the background and I'd skimmed past it. So I went to the 5-MAPB megathread, and though I admittedly didn't read the whole thing I "ctrl + f" searched each page for any form of snoking or vaping. All I found was somebody early on asking if there were any vape reports, to which was replied to simply "I doubt this would work" without explanation as to why. IIRC somebody else was basically called an idiot for asking if he could smoke 5-mapb rocks, but no reports and no explanation as to why this would not be good to vape (please point me to them if I've missed them).

What I was basically looking for was the guy saying "I tried vaping this and it doesn't work/sucks" so that I could just go on with my day. That guy, however, simply was not out there, and I found brief statements from other people on other sites asserting that it does work.At this point I still kind of thought it was bullshit. But I did happen to have a clean, un-used "oil burner" pipe (meth-style), just having bought a few of them in anticipation of receiving a variety of (different) RCs. So I decided what the hell.

I weighed out 50 mg of 5-MAPB (you should definitely start lower than this if you have no tolerance and/or are sensitive to these things). First put just a bit of that in the pipe to confirm it did melt down and smoke nicely. Filled it with the rest of the 50, melted it down and went to town, smoking (vaping) it in the same manner one would smoke meth. It produces thick clouds of vapor that are smooth on the throat/lungs and not bad tasting at all (I would almost say it tastes good but that might be going a bit too far.) 50 mg is a large amount in the pipe, it provided MANY hits. Took a while to smoke it all but by the time I was done I was rolling. Hard. Felt really awesome. It would definitely have taken well over 100 mg to get me rolling this hard by any of my other methods (rectal, nasal, oral).

Of course the effects last for less time and leave me wanting to redose. I've smoked a few more of those 50 mg bowls throughout the day though (cut out the 3-fpm when i switched to this though) I could see how this could go bad. I almost considered not posting this just to not put it in people's heads and have them get themselves into trouble. Maybe I shouldn't have, but frankly I'm shocked that people seem to not know about this method already. It's probably a good thing I figured this out AFTER the China ban, since now I only have a finite amount to mess with.

Of course, we need to talk safety: a potential risk of vaporizing could be toxic byproducts created by heating and/or combustion. Do we know of anything specific and bad that 5-MAPB degrades into? If so, do we know what temperature that occurs at, and how that compares to 5-mapb's vaporization point? The fact that it is so effective this way would leave me to believe that the 5-mapb molecules are mainly staying intact (but what do I know?)Is there some obvious red flag here about vaporization of 5-MAPB that I've missed? If so, please tell me so my cautious logical side can talk my more fiendish side into stopping doing this.

I would love any input, particularly from people with a slightly better grasp on the chemistry than I have and/or people who also have experience vaping 5-mapb (or other benzofurans).

no thanks man to vaping, that stuff isnt good for your teeth , these chemicals, thats why meth-heads have wrecked teeth, because of chemical smoke, yeah?

In the past, I have snorted before and while it did cause a more intense shorter last high with a faster come down . Its much more ideal to find "the sweet dose" , take proper breaks and whatever one does, if you get get empathy, love rolling off of within normal dose ranges, you dont need to do it at all or take a long break. Some have even in a poll if they did it every 3 months its still weaker, and they noticed it worked much more ideal and better when waiting every 4-6 months or longer so each person mileage may vary.......

btw when more than a few users say three months in between and three months is is too short and the euphoria isnt there, and need 4-6 months between one dose, than I rely more on peoples experiences where I see a common theme or common truths-just an observation Ive noticed from the polls and peoples personal expirience

no thanks man to vaping, that stuff isnt good for your teeth , these chemicals, thats why meth-heads have wrecked teeth, because of chemical smoke, yeah?

In the past, I have snorted before and while it did cause a more intense shorter last high with a faster come down . Its much more ideal to find "the sweet dose" , take proper breaks and whatever one does, if you get get empathy, love rolling off of within normal dose ranges, you dont need to do it at all or take a long break. Some have even in a poll if they did it every 3 months its still weaker, and they noticed it worked much more ideal and better when waiting every 4-6 months or longer so each person mileage may vary.......

btw when more than a few users say three months in between and three months is is too short and the euphoria isnt there, and need 4-6 months between one dose, than I rely more on peoples experiences where I see a common theme or common truths-just an observation Ive noticed from the polls and peoples personal expirience

A couple things to say:

First, about the teeth. I'm not going to argue that vaping this isn't bad for your teeth. I'm sure it is. But if you look up "meth mouth" you'll find that the actual causticity of the chemical smoke is believed to only be one factor. It is also believed to be caused by side effects of the drug (mainly teeth grinding and dry mouth) and by lifestyle factors such as poor hygiene which tend to be high among addicts. All of these other factors could come up with any route of administration.

As far as the tolerance, FWIW I have actually not experienced a whole lot of it, at least nowhere near what you describe above. I have used it many times since first acquiring it a couple of months ago. For me personally I can even use it three times in a week and have no problem getting a euphoric roll on the third time. Of course, using it that often is too much - I would advise against anybody else doing it. Just pointing out that not everybody gets such profound tolerance to this that easily.

A couple things to say:

First, about the teeth. I'm not going to argue that vaping this isn't bad for your teeth. I'm sure it is. But if you look up "meth mouth" you'll find that the actual causticity of the chemical smoke is believed to only be one factor. It is also believed to be caused by side effects of the drug (mainly teeth grinding and dry mouth) and by lifestyle factors such as poor hygiene which tend to be high among addicts. All of these other factors could come up with any route of administration.

As far as the tolerance, FWIW I have actually not experienced a whole lot of it, at least nowhere near what you describe above. I have used it many times since first acquiring it a couple of months ago. For me personally I can even use it three times in a week and have no problem getting a euphoric roll on the third time. Of course, using it that often is too much - I would advise against anybody else doing it. Just pointing out that not everybody gets such profound tolerance to this that easily.

so youve used it many times after getting it two months ago, thats your first problem

look you dont even know basic harm reduction on this stuff. back 15 years ago-yes its been 15 years ago when i was 19, i abused the shit outta mdma bc i was ignorant, using it usually every weekend and a couple and few weekends three times a week. It seemed to take me about two years to get my cogitive function back to normal. theres a reason mdma was banned bc people used it like this

this category of drugs empathogens are to be respected and your disrespecting them

havent you studied harm reduction, magic losing, prolonging the magic for special occasions, and just abusing empathoegons?

using once every three months or longer . usually people snorting it or smoking want a more intense high and crave it more, yeah?

read my first post over and over until it makes sense

Im done with this thread...i see all these drug abusers in here that have a totally irresponsible unintelligent crackhead minset and make me wanting to stay as far away from people with this ignorant mindset as possible....sorry for going on a rant, it pisses me off the lack of intelligence

k im done = - )

Again, wasn't trying to say that this is a responsible thing to do, and I realize that I have been abusing stimulants/empathogens lately and need to cut down. I know that I am prone to addictive and stupid behavior with them: for instance the decision to vaporize 5-mapb in the first place is one I probably would not have made if I wasn't already abusing stimulants at the time. It was the perfect storm of being on a bender, coming across a couple people say how bomb it was, realizing I had all the tools and being unable to resist. That's my weak willpower for you. I knew it was a stupid thing to do and I would've just pretended it never happened but then I was shocked by the power of the effects so I figured I could come here and try to have an open conversation about it.

Yes I'm aware that my use is excessive. I know about people losing the magic and I'm well aware that the proper and best way to use empathogens is a sweet spot dose used very infrequently as you say. I was not trying to argue with that, only stating my personal experience with this drug. And in my personal experience it ends up being hard to stick to a plan like that when you've got a bag of powder hanging around.

I am sorry if the manner in which I've used this drug offends you. The fact of the matter is that I am a drug addict and though I typically approach every substance with as much caution and information as possible, occasionally the fiend inside gets the better of me and such caution is thrown to the wind.

I was worried about whether I should have posted anything about this. A big part of why I did is so if somebody knew of a specific toxic chemical it degrades into or something like that, then it would be easier for me to agree to never vape it again and actually follow through because I would have a specific serious reason not to.

Probably not the best HR advice, but i don't see the harm in VAPING drugs. As long as you don't reach flash point, where the vape turns to nasty burnt smoke

Probably not the best HR advice, but i don't see the harm in VAPING drugs. As long as you don't reach flash point, where the vape turns to nasty burnt smoke

That was essentially my understanding as well, but thank you for bringing up that distinction because it reminds me that I have to add that I believe I DID in fact reach that flash point at one moment during my session when I had just been lighting the bowl too long and too close. There was a sudden and very obvious change in taste (got super nasty) that instantly alerted me. Of course I immediately stopped lighting it, blew out any smoke from my lungs as fast as I could, and blew the smoke out of the pipe. But yes at that moment I'm sure that I did inhale some of whatever chemicals it is that 5-MAPB combusts into, and it's hard to say how much harm that caused or could have caused. Thinking back, I imagine the safer thing to do at that point would have been to consider the rest of that bowl tainted also and trashed it, although I did actually keep vaping it.

So WARNING: while I can't find the exact flash point anywhere (the boiling point seems to be 279.8 C), this experience indicates that it can easily be reached with a regular lighter if one is not being careful. This method should definitely not be attempted by anybody who doesn't already know what they are doing with an oil burner (if anybody at all). This was done with a regular non-adjustable Bic lighter; if anybody else were to try this I would recommend using an adjustable one with a smaller flame setting to prevent this kind of overheating, though it would still be a danger.

It is very concerning not knowing the combustion reaction of 5-MAPB. Not sure if this is out there but if somebody finds it or figures it out please post it! Then we could try to estimate the amounts of those chemicals someone might inhale from one accidentally burnt hit (of course "hits" are going to vary in amount - we would want to use a number on the high end to be safe). And if (a big if) there is any info for those chemicals we may be able to get a sense of just how harmful the smoke is. If the products of combustion do turn out to be things that are very harmful in small amounts, then vaping this would not even be worth the risk given the relatively high likelihood that one would cause at least a small amount to combust in the process (although it does seem possible to vaporize this without combustion it is definitely delicate).

Last edited:
I imagine a safer system would be something electronic that you could set to be at just the right temperature.

Alright so its hard to get good numbers but I've found a predicted flash point for 5-MAPB listed as 123.0 +/- 20.4 degrees Celsius (so 102.6 - 143.4 C). Still not sure on melt point.

To compare, crystal meth (methamphetamine hcl) does not even melt until 170 - 175 degrees Celsius. Could not find a flash point for the HCl but it must be higher than the melting temperature (though I was confused as hell because at first I found a flash point of only 86.8 reported, but that turned out to be for the base). The point is that according to these numbers, this stuff (5-MAPB) will already be burning at temperatures significantly below what it takes just to melt meth (unless it's freebase), so if you are used to vaping meth (hcl) and attempt to vape this, know that less heat should be used to avoid burning it.

For a-PVP the flash point I found is 119.0 +/- 12.5 degrees Celsius (106.5 - 131.5 C), which is pretty comparable to the 5-MAPB so these should probably vape at similar temps.

EDIT: Actually I still don't think I have this right. The 5-MAPB flash point above is probably for the freebase as well and I'm fairly certain what I have is the HCl salt.

Last edited:
Im sorry you are a drug addict and have problems not being able to control your use to when what it considered responsible in the context of responsible use

Anyways, I don't actually plan on doing this again any time soon. I've gotten my kicks from it for now. And I feel really weird about starting this thread, I thought about deleting the original post right away. I wasn't trying to advertise/advocate this or make this become a thing, but felt like sharing it to provide information for others like me that search for stupid things on the internet like "vaporizing 5-mapb". Right now if you google that there's enough people saying its good to convince a fiend to give it a try, but there's no good information on details, and theres a guy on reddit with a very positive review describing smoking it off of foil at a temperature that is clearly burning it and he tells you to hold that in your lungs (I should have stated originally that I did not hold the vapor in but exhaled as quickly as possible after each inhalation).

So I decided to leave my post and try to follow it with whatever information I could find that might help somebody who's going to do it anyways do it in a way that might be less directly harmful to themselves and to let some of the wise people over here at Bluelight chime in on the risks. But if I decide that my posts being out here will do more harm than good than I will delete them.