• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vaping Pentobarbital

Only one

Greenlighter
Firstly, being able to vape benzos would be one of the best things IMO and this does not seem possible at all due to the high boiling points of most of the drugs that exist. SWIM was wondering whether barbiturates could be vaped due to the very low melting point (boiling point is unknown as of yet) - 129.5 °C - in comparison to benzos. Based on SWIYs experiences of vaping, might this be achievable at all?

Say I or me. Swim or any variation of it is not used or tolerated on this site . Now you didn't say,so I'm assuming, wouldn't the barb have to be in liquid form before theoretically being vapeable? For that matter, there are a few other drugs that are in liquid form that would be vapeable. So consider that.

I need to add on more important thing. Moderators, please send this over to BDD or OD If necessary l.
To Only One, this forum is for nicotine Vaping only. Your new, so I will nicely let you know, please post in the appropriate forum, starting with Basic Drug Discussion. If it's too complicated for that forum then it will goto Other Drugs. Etc, etc. Thanks moderators.

Last edited:
I will nicely let you know that vaporizing a barbiturate is potentially fatal and this thread should be locked for being incredibly dangerous.

Smoking Benzos

My benzo tolerance was/is very high, been using benzos since 2004 daily! On one occasion a friend had gotten a hold of a large amount of diazepam powder, this was right around the time we began using dope. We had hour long sessions smoking #4 east coast H, followed by hits of Nepalese hashish or the smooth sativa punch of Jack Herer.

We decided to smoke some of the diazepam on tin foil as we would with dope. Upon lighting, the powder turned a blue color, then started to give off bitter smoke that we inhaled. Honestly, I was disappointed, there wasn't any rush, or anything to say that smoking is superior to other methods of administration. The *only* thing I can say is that the effects were noticed instantly but not worth the discomfort in the chest.

I apologize, there was 1 other time where I have smoked benzodiazepines. That time it was phenazepam, which I've tried orally, snorted and smoked. Many people don't like phenazepam because of the 2hr-3hr onset when taken orally and the 24hr-40hr duration, meaning that if you took too much you wont just be fucked for a few hours (like Xanax) but rather fucked for 2-3 days, in which you will have no memory...imagine a Xanax blackout that lasts 2-3 days. It's very unforgiving this way, I personally haven't experienced this but have been a witness to many people who didn't know what they were doing and had to go 2-3 days in the psych. ward.

Snorting phenazepam was my preferred MOA since the onset was reduced greatly, maybe by as much as half the time, also the effects were shorter, again maybe by half. Smoking phenazepam was a MOA that I tried several times, 90% in a meth pipe, the rest on tin foil. The effects are slightly different, last time was in 2013 so my memory is a bit faded but the effects felt more in your face, though it wasn't the same if you took an equivalent dose orally or snorted, the character of the effects was indeed different.

I resorted to this method only when I wanted to feel an instant effect though by no means did it give a rush, nor did it have anything else 'special' over snorting & oral. The dose was extremely small, about 1/4 my oral dose. 2-4mg (with very high tolerance) inside a meth pipe sometimes only 1 hit out of the 3-5 hits the amount of 2-4mg would give off, was all I needed. I would smoke about 1mg-2mg fully, the rest I'd let sit in the pipe for the next time. Effects were not instant meaning you don't feel it as you exhale, however the onset was about 30sec-60sec and you would be peaking in about 5min. The effects were 'heavier' and much better suited for sleep or strong sedation. On foil as well as in the pipe, upon heating the powder it would turn to a purple color, after which the smoke would emit. This MOA was repeated about 12 times in about half year of having it in my possession. With something as long lasting and with a long onset like phenazepam, I admit this MOA was more suitable than with shorter acting diazepam though still not recommended due to health concerns overall.

Its a pretty special thing you got there, (especially if its pento and not pheno)! I would stick to oral, maybe snorted, if you can stand the burn! One thing you may want to know about barbiturates is that while they are water soluble, they require special care when injected, meaning that you don't just add water! I believe the solution may be propylene but please don't take my word on that, I just know that barbiturates need to be 'prepared' when injected, and that it requires something other than water!

One last thing is you seem to be under the impression benzodiazepines cannot be smoked. The truth is that any benzo can be smoked (and snorted) as long as its in pure powder form! Also, any benzo can be injected as long as you use propylene glycol but it doesn't make it stronger, just gives an immediate effect. The exceptions are the water soluble benzos such as midazolam and a few others. I've heard the rush from midazolam is incredible, up there with dilaudid & dope.

p.s. As for the people who said this practice is deadly, I believe that *any* drug is 'safer' smoked as you feel the effects immediately and soon know how to titrate the dose. With heroin harm reduction is strongly encouraged by smoking - no junkie has died of smoked heroin, since by the time you exhale you know how high you are (or not). You guys really think vaporizing a barbiturate is any worse or more dangerous than vaporizing mebroqualone (sp?) or ethaqualone (sp?)...give me a break. Some indeed are worse than others, for example MDPV was one that produced a carcinogenic compound upon heating/pyrolysis, acrylfentanyl is supposedly carcinogenic and the 2C family is also carcinogenic when smoked. So clearly there *are* some chemicals that contain certain groups in their molecule making them much more dangerous when smoked, however this has absolutely *nothing* to do with what chemical family they are apart of!

Last edited:
From what I know about benzos and barbs, theoretically this wouldn't work very well since they're not very water soluble at all.

Firstly, being able to vape benzos would be one of the best things IMO and this does not seem possible at all due to the high boiling points of most of the drugs that exist. SWIM was wondering whether barbiturates could be vaped due to the very low melting point (boiling point is unknown as of yet) - 129.5 °C - in comparison to benzos. Based on SWIYs experiences of vaping, might this be achievable at all?