• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vaping (nicotine) ineffectiveness

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear Forum,

I’ve been vaping to satisfy my oral fetish away from cigarettes. The problem with vaping 5% nicotine strength is the ineffective absorption of nicotine I’ve noticed because of the constant need of having the vape device stuck to my mouth during my waking hours. I find vaping completely different in terms of strength of nicotine absorption. Has vaping always been this weak? I’m pretty much using a Juul/ Stlth vape device.

Smoking cigarettes is different because it contains many different compounds that synergize with nicotine. For instance think the B-carbolines (harmala and harmaline) might play a major role there, they are MAO-inhibitors. Seems like they make nicotine more addictive and stronger.
The smoke that cigs produce is also designed to improve the bioavailability and the absorption speed of of nicotine (higher pH).

You might be able to improve your vaping experience by experimenting with different juices and settings, I think juuls are pretty good and hard hitting though...
Otherwise you'll probably get used to it soon anyway, vaping nicotine juice is much cleaner and way healthier than smoking.

"You should vape meth"

Tisk, tisk Gaffy. You cant really be a Harm Reduction advocate if you're advocating graduating from Nicotine to Methamphetamine because a guy isn't digging his vape like he once did.

As others have alluded to, vaping Nicotine and smoking it through Tobacco products are more different than one would think.

Nicotine juice runs from weak to raging bull strength. There is a wide range. People cant detect vapes generally if not seen directly. Vapes can be used inside. This is a big one.

I think the gradual ban of smoking indoors led to a major reduction in the amount of smokers and reduced the number of cigarettes smoked per capita drastically. Waking up and immediately lighting a smoke in bed is a thing of the past.

Vaping can be done virtually anywhere, including school. Both normal smokers and the uninitiated have found that the combination of being able to vape inside and being able to vape gnarly strength nicotine juice, can lead to extreme addiction and tolerance.

I used my little brother's vape last week and I really felt like I could've passed out after two pills. Meanwhile, he is hitting it like a baby does a pacifier. I imagine trying to quit this dual habit is quite difficult.

So I guess my point is OP, that you're probably tolerant to the level of Nicotine you're using. People who smoke cigarettes like myself typically get a tiny buzz when we wake up and smoke our first one. However, most smoked cigarettes have only a slight psychoactive effect and the practice is more compulsive than anything.

Some say they need to smoke a cigarette when they're anxious. I'm not a researcher, but how much of that anxiety relief is a result of temporarily ending cravings for Nicotine.

Sorry I'm up on my soapbox guys. OP I really think you're just tolerant. Perhaps if you used less you would experience a more pronounced effect. I would recommend this highly as opposed to obtaining a higher Nicotine vehicle as some do

Nicotine juice runs from weak to raging bull strength. There is a wide range. People cant detect vapes generally if not seen directly. Vapes can be used inside. This is a big one.

I think the gradual ban of smoking indoors led to a major reduction in the amount of smokers and reduced the number of cigarettes smoked per capita drastically. Waking up and immediately lighting a smoke in bed is a thing of the past.

Vaping can be done virtually anywhere, including school. Both normal smokers and the uninitiated have found that the combination of being able to vape inside and being able to vape gnarly strength nicotine juice, can lead to extreme addiction and tolerance.

I was in rehab when I first saw an ecig in 2014. The guys there would wake up in their sleep multiple times per hour and rip them, going immediately back so sleep. Nonstop 24/7. I was rocked, like the first time I saw someone nonstop smoke crack for days. Ironic, because a couple years later I switched from cigs to ecigs, and am nearing that same territory. I can slip a couple rips in every hour or two at work, at home, in the car, it becomes very habitual. Even at the airport or in an airplane if I feel like holding it in til it's gone. I purposefully limit myself to very low (3mg/ 0.3% ) Not healthy levels of availability. I worry THC is heading the same direction. I know people who rip carts at the grocery or whatever, and nobody is ever the wiser. I see people rip carts in public almost every day. Myself and others can use upwards of a cart (750-1000mg THC)a day if you're not trying to moderate. Also not healthy.

Last edited:
my nic pod vape has 28 mg / ml of nicotine in it a few hits is way more than cig and a bit much.

I stopped using the vapes when I started using them like an asthma inhaler. I threw all the gear and juice out. Not good for the ascending aorta. Smoking rituals calm me down along with the actual smoking, so I smoke cigarette and cigar tobacco for time being along whatever flowers the local shop has.