Vaping discussion rules - other substances

GumbyClaymation

Bluelighter
Can the mods consider allowing discussion of vaping other substances than nicotine e-juice? These topics don't really gain traction in the focus forums related to the drug of interest. The readers of the vaping forum probably have the best knowledge of vape setups and can provide the best harm reduction.
If not, why? I've seen mod comments that the vaping forum is only for licit use of vaping devices, but would like to understand the reasoning. If it's already out there, I haven't found it.

I don't think that discussion re: the use of electronic cigarettes fits in the same category as vaping hard drugs.

The people that are knowledgeable when it comes to vaping nicotine and the setups designed for this purpose may be totally clueless when it comes to even the basics of using harder drugs. I feel that the best HR would come from OD and BDD.

Vaping nicotine is becoming super popular. Once the Vaping Discussion forum grows, many users looking for ecig information may come across Bluelight searching for ecig info - I don't think having a bunch of threads about hard drugs mixed in is a good idea.

I don't think that discussion re: the use of electronic cigarettes fits in the same category as vaping hard drugs.

The people that are knowledgeable when it comes to vaping nicotine and the setups designed for this purpose may be totally clueless when it comes to even the basics of using harder drugs. I feel that the best HR would come from OD and BDD.

Vaping nicotine is becoming super popular. Once the Vaping Discussion forum grows, many users looking for ecig information may come across Bluelight searching for ecig info - I don't think having a bunch of threads about hard drugs mixed in is a good idea.

I see your point, but I feel like there are already a number of forums dedicated to vaping nicotine where discussion of other drugs would not be tolerated. Blue light is clearly a message board that educates the public about responsible drug use. Most of the posters in the vaping forum are members of bluelight that also happen to enjoy vaping. I don't see it becoming a primary resource for common ecig enthusiasts.
Also, one could make similar arguments for other subforums such as Sex Love, and Relationships or Electronic Music, but they do not restrict drug discussion as far as I am aware.

I don't think drug discussion needs to be banned from VD at all, but I don't feel that topics about hard drugs belong there. SLR and EMD allow mention of drugs (this is Bluelight), but you won't find a thread on how to use meth in EMD.

The knowledge base of a lot of ecig enthusiasts won't cover the use of harder drugs at all. The culture around vaping nicotine and the use of other drugs is totally different, and the HR knowledge and life experiences required to advise on these two topics is just way too different for them to fit under the same subforum I think.