• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vaping cannibis

heard the crafty+ is pretty good, think its just a smaller version than the mighty with less battery life (but does have USB charging which makes up for the lack of bat power for some people.

I stopping smoking and going to vape only. Any tips on accessories i should definitely get if using it often ?
The dosing capsules. About Cdn $11/40 and they are reuseable. I’ve only had to clean the heating chamber twice in 2.5 months when using them.

Tom

-when I had a Pax 3 I used Budkups, which are 3rd party dosing capsules. Same lessened need to clean the heating oven/element.

Since I've never once ever smoked and don't wish to inhale smoke, how is vaping for cannibis?

Is it pretty nice and good way to get a hit?

Also wondering how long it lasts after a vape since edibles take Loooonnnggg time to leave your system.

Thanks
Verdamper is the king flower vaporizer.

Vaporizing weed is in fact highly medicinal both preventatively and curatively.

Massively moreso than smoke in that regard.

The high is less sedating, lethargic and more sustainable too.

But not just any old vaporizer meets standards.

Some are total crap, waste your money time and herb, others are really class.

Choose well.

-when I had a Pax 3 I used Budkups, which are 3rd party dosing capsules. Same lessened need to clean the heating oven/element.
Do you still use a screen in the pax with the capsules or does it replace it? I wondered if it changes how easy it is to draw?

Do you still use a screen in the pax with the capsules or does it replace it? I wondered if it changes how easy it is to draw?
There’s that bottom metal piece you keep in (the bumpy parts face towards the mouthpiece end). The budkup goes on top and then the oven cap goes on. As I recall, you had to use the ‘whole oven cap’ in order to provide space for the budkup. No it doesn’t change how hard it is to draw, if you don’t overpack it like I did the first time. I was able to fit 0.33 - 0.42 g in a budkup.

Never tried using dry sift hash in these; but I do in the Volcano dosing capsules (works great) - it should work with the budkups.

Not having to clean the oven regularly was a plus. Still had to clean the vapor path with the pipe cleaners.

Tom
(don’t buy the loading kit, works just as well filling them by hand even if messy)

Pax3 for flower - portable
Storz&Bickel volcano digital - home flower vape

APX Pulsar wax - black out edition (because it swaps the glass mouthpiece for anodized steel) - portable wax
Dr. Dabber Switch - home wax vape (also does a damn good job with flower)

Smok micare or lookah snail v2 - cartridges

I've ran 2 different very prominent smokeshops on my area (for about 5 yrs) + worked even longer in the cannabis production industry + have been a daily connoisseur for the past 15 (almost 16) yrs and these are probably my favorite devices on the market in their respective categories factoring orice/function/quality

Edit: lookah also makes a really good electronic nectar collector, but rhe name escapes me rn

There’s that bottom metal piece you keep in (the bumpy parts face towards the mouthpiece end). The budkup goes on top and then the oven cap goes on. As I recall, you had to use the ‘whole oven cap’ in order to provide space for the budkup. No it doesn’t change how hard it is to draw, if you don’t overpack it like I did the first time. I was able to fit 0.33 - 0.42 g in a budkup.

Never tried using dry sift hash in these; but I do in the Volcano dosing capsules (works great) - it should work with the budkups.

Not having to clean the oven regularly was a plus. Still had to clean the vapor path with the pipe cleaners.

Tom
(don’t buy the loading kit, works just as well filling them by hand even if messy)
Thanks for this, might try those Budkups, must be good for taking a few doses out with you.

Have also just ordered a Crafty+, looking forward to comparing it to the Pax.

I use a davinci IQ2 and have done every day for like 2 years now and it is the best money ive ever spent. The batteries are rechargeable and replaceable so you dont have to worry about the longevity of an in-built battery, you can just buy more cos theyre cheap. The entire device can be cleaned to spotless condition using some cotton buds (all be it a large amount but still not enough to take more than 10 minutes) and some iso alcohol and the flavour and high is next level. I don't have a bunch of gadgets but the davinci IQ is hands down one of the most brilliant bits of tech I own

Thanks for this, might try those Budkups, must be good for taking a few doses out with you.

Have also just ordered a Crafty+, looking forward to comparing it to the Pax.

Sorry for the late reply, but. here goes on the Budkups.
-I bought the deluxe package, which isn't neccesarry. It includes the Cups/caps, filling tray and a pocket humidor.

-The humidor is the best part. It is a small metal tin with mason jar type seals, a cushioned foam insert for 8 Cups and a space for a 4g humidity control pack. I was able to jam 0.4g into a Kup, though they do not recommend packing it tight. So I was able to carry ~3.2g around with me, humidity controlled but ready-2-use.

Tom

Salutations New2Drugs,

Vaping is about e-Cigs and those are pen-shaped with e-Liquid inside, based on conduction heat typically. Vaporizers on another hand are either of the table or portable categories, work fine on dry flowers and are preferred to operate on convection, but usually a mix with radiative and conductive vectors as well... The bad news is most of the ready-made commercially available products respond to some manufacturer's own needs 1st, while also accessarily meeting the consumer's expectations, which i regret to say have to do a lot with monster clouds, virtual reputations and badges. The thing is if we proceed to a dissection of such devices (e.g. reverse engineering...) it becomes obvious the act of solving this problem doesn't focus on the objective as much as what's in the components catalog, like nichrome wires or ceramic elements which are just more nichrome inside. That designer choice of course involves trade-offs in the real world and in the end we get contraptions which no longer feel the same as the cigarette/"joint" these were supposed to replace, like balloons in the venerable Volcano, practically calling (forcing...) it's user to empty it after a long 2 ~ 3 minutes of anticipation. In other words a "medically" approved consumption tool actually promotes dose abuse while what's really needed is to multiply opportunities to forget it where it stands.

E-Cigs put our favourite noble molecules in direct contact with potential vilification factors, the e-Liquid substrate for starters. In addition, conduction heat causes an accumulation of unproductive "baking" between 2 tokes and that's challenging the principle of "conservation", besides the frenzie for opaque clouds... Definitely not my favourite. As for the rest welcome to this thick jungle and be brave in the house of mirrors.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Salutations New2Drugs,

Vaping is about e-Cigs and those are pen-shaped with e-Liquid inside, based on conduction heat typically. Vaporizers on another hand are either of the table or portable categories, work fine on dry flowers and are preferred to operate on convection, but usually a mix with radiative and conductive vectors as well... The bad news is most of the ready-made commercially available products respond to some manufacturer's own needs 1st, while also accessarily meeting the consumer's expectations, which i regret to say have to do a lot with monster clouds, virtual reputations and badges. The thing is if we proceed to a dissection of such devices (e.g. reverse engineering...) it becomes obvious the act of solving this problem doesn't focus on the objective as much as what's in the components catalog, like nichrome wires or ceramic elements which are just more nichrome inside. That designer choice of course involves trade-offs in the real world and in the end we get contraptions which no longer feel the same as the cigarette/"joint" these were supposed to replace, like balloons in the venerable Volcano, practically calling (forcing...) it's user to empty it after a long 2 ~ 3 minutes of anticipation. In other words a "medically" approved consumption tool actually promotes dose abuse while what's really needed is to multiply opportunities to forget it where it stands.

E-Cigs put our favourite noble molecules in direct contact with potential vilification factors, the e-Liquid substrate for starters. In addition, conduction heat causes an accumulation of unproductive "baking" between 2 tokes and that's challenging the principle of "conservation", besides the frenzie for opaque clouds... Definitely not my favourite. As for the rest welcome to this thick jungle and be brave in the house of mirrors.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️
Thanks. It's illegal where I am so it's difficult to try it for the first time

I absolutely LOVE carts. As much as I enjoy flower, the scent free carts and how strong it is makes up for it. Id rather take a few hits and be on the moon than smoke 3 bowls to get to the same level

hey, i would find a few days with out having to do anything for the first time you try cannabis. people saying it wears off in like two hours, you might be in for a little bit of a burn out. it sounds like you are going to start light so it should be fine, but i started out smoking like twenty bowls of flower with my buddy in one sitting. i had super delayed reaction even the next day. it's never like that now, but the first few times i toked, even not being as much as the first time, super delayed vision, trails whatever you want to call it. i just didn't feel right the next day either. i even thought there was something wrong with me the first time. my friend was like "you're just burnt out, don't worry about it."

i don't really vape but it's still thc going into your system the same way and i think saying two hours for how long it lasts could be setting some one up for failure. ... keep going with thc though, from what i understand it turns into more of a relaxing buzz instead of a giddy dream... anybody else think he could do with more than two hours to think he's gonna be sober?

I absolutely LOVE carts. As much as I enjoy flower, the scent free carts and how strong it is makes up for it. Id rather take a few hits and be on the moon than smoke 3 bowls to get to the same level
I'm gonna get some. I use a storz and bickel crafty+ and it's absolutely smashing but it can smell quite strong and get worried about taking it to some places I want to appear professional or like shopping today a woman was like eughhh can smell the wacky baccy lol

@Egzoset The conduction aspect of my vaping concerns me to the extent that I am seeking a solution.

Here's the problem: The Volcano Hybrid is convection and conduction heated. I don't mind with a bag balloon, since I blow one bag and then dump the Cannabis into an ABV container. But there is a ceramic coated chamber on the bottom and a stainless steel top part/vapor tube. So, conductive materials surrounding the Cannabis. Meaning that the longer this sits on top of the Volcano, the longer the Cannabis is exposed to heat and degradation. To me that makes using the vapor draw whip tube unusable since I don't want it sitting and cooking.

Here's the solution: I did a check and 3d printing in aerogel is possible, but expensive. I wanted the conductive parts from my Volcano replaced with 3d printed aerogel parts and then my volcano becomes convection only and I could leave this sitting on the top of the volcano.

Tom

@Egzoset The conduction aspect of my vaping concerns me to the extent that I am seeking a solution.

Here's the problem: The Volcano Hybrid is convection and conduction heated. I don't mind with a bag balloon, since I blow one bag and then dump the Cannabis into an ABV container. But there is a ceramic coated chamber on the bottom and a stainless steel top part/vapor tube. So, conductive materials surrounding the Cannabis. Meaning that the longer this sits on top of the Volcano, the longer the Cannabis is exposed to heat and degradation. To me that makes using the vapor draw whip tube unusable since I don't want it sitting and cooking.

Here's the solution: I did a check and 3d printing in aerogel is possible, but expensive. I wanted the conductive parts from my Volcano replaced with 3d printed aerogel parts and then my volcano becomes convection only and I could leave this sitting on the top of the volcano.

Tom
is this the same for Mighty and Extreme Q tower? I do find myself timing what i do a bit for efficiency like the mighty, i prepare a bit of herb then i power it on then wait till its just about to hit set temp pick it up then i pack it and inhale as quick as i can, i find it as strong as the extreme q tower which would be different for me seeing as i Elbow pack that anyway

is this the same for Mighty and Extreme Q tower? I do find myself timing what i do a bit for efficiency like the mighty, i prepare a bit of herb then i power it on then wait till its just about to hit set temp pick it up then i pack it and inhale as quick as i can, i find it as strong as the extreme q tower which would be different for me seeing as i Elbow pack that anyway
The Mighty - I just checked on the Storz-Bickel website and it says both convection and conduction. The dosing capsules are a treat. Holds approximately 0.16g. The small keychain dosing capsule holder is fantastic for on the go. Can hold 4 capsules. Water and air tight.

I had an Extreme Q and it didn’t last very long in a house with 3 dogs/2 cats. Yep, I used elbow pack. just never very satisfied with the cyclone bowl. Man dit it ever have some tasty hits. If your weed was stuck in place using the elbow pack I don’t think there would be a lot of conductive heat Unless you let the glass sit on top of the Extreme-Q for hours and the glass parts warmed up.

By the way, did you ever think the Extreme-Q looks like a Dalek?

Tom