• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vaping a bit weak?

antecedent

Greenlighter
So i've always smoked my weed out of joints or bongs, occasionally pipes, but recently was persuaded to pick up a Flowermate V5.0 for a hefty $100+ price tag (on a student budget). I was told that it was healthier, which is fair enough, but also that it was more efficient and I would save money on weed, that it would get me higher with the same amount of bud, etc. etc. But this doesn't seem to be the case. I pull and pull on the vape, go through all three temperature settings (~320 degrees C max) until there's no vapor or it tastes like burnt toast. I even weighed out what I was stuffing in my vape and smoked the same amount out of a spliff the following day, and where with the vape I felt about a 3/10, that one spliff took me to about a 7/10. So is it bullshit that vapes are more efficient?

Are you vaping the herb or an extract? I never found herb vaporizers to be stronger. I was told that it was healthier and 'cleaner' in terms of effects. I definitely found it a smoother feeling, like cannabis oil- which to someone who is accustomed to smoking from bongs, can often be almost unnoticeable. Cannabis oil vapes quite nicely and is a popular choice these days, I use it occasionally when I'm taking breaks from the ganja, but again is a slightly different feeling. The best way to save on weed is to use it via the method you prefer.

Some kiwis gave me spots a few times. Not for me.
I tried buckets, didn't get it.
A fresh waterpipe though, awesome.

I've always found the high from vaping flower to be lack luster. The main reason why I found it to conserve my weed is because the chamber of my PD only holds about a .05 grams so I'm forced to be conservative.

After a few months of vape only, I did notice my cough was slightly better, but I got tired of it and went back to smoking because it gets me higher.

I know quite a few people that have bought expensive vaping products & after a month or so, went back to the water pipe.......they all stated they get higher on the pipe.

I know quite a few people that have bought expensive vaping products & after a month or so, went back to the water pipe.......they all stated they get higher on the pipe.

I've noticed that too, it's pretty strange to me but it reminds me of the differences between the sort of maintenance drinker who needs to have a bit of alcohol every day and the binge drinker who can go days without drinking but when they do drink can't stop at just one or two and have to keep going until they're properly messed-up.

^ I'm not sure I understand your comparison.

When I binge on vaping I get a more scatterbrained & paranoid high but when I binge on smoking I get a more relaxing sleepy type of high. I can binge with either one, but I prefer the more sedating high. I can also "maintain" with either one but I have a preference for smoking most of those times as well.

Do you regularly smoke and have a tolerance?

When I tried vaping I got super high from it but I had zero tolerance and had not smoked or used any herb for about five years.

I know people who regularly smoke herb either on weekends or every day, and they said how for them vaping was weak and that vaping herb and oil did not get them nearly as high as smoking herb does.

I also kind of need more weed in my vape to get the same effect compared to smoking, but I love the more clear headed high it gives. I also use the AVB, for example as an additive when rolling joints. but the AVB smoked alone will also get me high.

I recently started to wonder if vapes are sufficient in decarboxylating the THC during the process? Has anybody experience with vaping weed that has been decarboxylated prior to vaping?

I think a lot of weed smokers are so familiar with the effects of smoking that toking on a vape - with its different effects profile - can give them the impression that they are not (as) high.
The effects of combusting weed can include things like tingly sensations in the extremities, which i think many people take as a sign they are sufficiently stoned.
Vaping doesnt necessarily do this, but i find the high (with a good vape, good weed and good technique) can make the high just as good - if not better.

My opinion? Give it some time. Dont get too hung up on comparisons.
I have some good friends who smoked heavily before switching to vaping - now they never combust their weed.
It can take some time to get used to i suppose.
A "tolerance break" before switching from smoking to vaping can't hurt either - plus, i cook edibles with my vaped weed...so there are many definite advantages from my point of view regarding vaping vs combustion.

I think a lot of weed smokers are so familiar with the effects of smoking that toking on a vape - with its different effects profile - can give them the impression that they are not (as) high.
The effects of combusting weed can include things like tingly sensations in the extremities, which i think many people take as a sign they are sufficiently stoned.
Vaping doesnt necessarily do this, but i find the high (with a good vape, good weed and good technique) can make the high just as good - if not better.

Yeah, this is kind of what I suspected. Smoking even a pretty small amount always gives me immediate physical sensations like tingling or couchlock, but vaping seems more mental. I guess it boils down to which one I want, and smoking seems to be more fun for me recreationally. Thanks to everyone for your replies! :)