• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vape pen not getting hits?

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
This prefilled cartridge often will draw nothing when I press down the button and inhale...

What are you suppose to do to when it does that?

I tried using heat from a heater to warm it up but after just a 3 hits or so (only took 3-5 second hits also) it went from nearly full to nearly empty..
It made big smoke clouds once it finally “unclogged” through heat and holding it down on and off. I ended up coughing it all out once I got it to hit..
And now it’s almost empty and was at the “full line” earlier today!! This cartridge has a line that says “full” and it was literally around that point. Then after just a few hits (but I had to use heat each time to get a hit) it’s now got hardly any oil left. Wtf? Is that common with these prefilled vape cartridges?
What a total WASTE I don’t remember having this issue much with other prefilled cartridges, but they were different manufacturers.

Is there any other way to “make it hit” when pressing down the bottom and inhaling doesn’t work? Like I said above it was about a full cartridge with lots of visible oil, but it just wasn’t letting me get a hit, it kept sucking in AIR....Dunno why.
And I guess most of it get wasted by taking empty hits and using heat - as once it finally unclogged I got a couple big hits, but now it wasted the cartridge all in a few hits. There’s gotta be something I did wrong? Or a better way to fix those empty/dry hits?
Also if you hold the inhale button down but don’t inhale is it still wasting the oil? I tried that for very brief periods of time (5 seconds or so maybe 5 times) to try and make it hit, but I think that just burned the oil and it went to waste? I dunno

Last edited:
Several things could be going on. I'm not an expert, but there are a few self-proclaimed ones who've made videos to help troubleshoot this specific problem.

Do a Google video search for "vape pen doesn't hit" and I'm sure you'll find one that'll help you out.

It's really weird that your cartridge empties whilst not producing vapor, though. My first thought is that you might have a leak-issue, but I'm sure you would've noticed that by the time the entire cart drained on you. I guess the most important thing to tell us is whether you've ever gotten your pen to work right? Like, did it just suddenly stop hitting or has this always been your experience?

It happened a couple other times when using a cartridge by this manufacturer (cheapest one the store sells) but I don’t recall having any issues with other prefilled cartridges made by other companies....
So maybe the cartridge itself is just cheap trash?

Is it possible that using heat from a heater made it waste/burn all the oil, or no? I don’t think it’s hot enough to make it burn but will heating it possibly make all the oil fall to the bottom, so the next hit will end up burning through a ton of oil? As that’s my best guess on what happened as I don’t even know how to check for leaks.
I had this cartridge for a week or so and it didn’t appear to be leaking, but I also rarely used it until recently.

The heater is probably making the liquid much thinner, so it's probably able to pass into the atomiser at a faster rate.
I'd check the heater to see if any liquid leaked on it or under it... I think it's possible that the heat expanded the air inside pushing the liquid out.