• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vape oil out of BHO

Sar1021

Greenlighter
Hello, I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a couple different questions.

First, I will explain my methods and would like to hear any advice on what I might be doing right and wrong.
I grind my bud with a small hand held grinder. (Bud is usually pretty fresh, dry enough to smoke, but barely) I open blast, 1 ounce into a Pyrex dish. I use crown butane. Blast one can then remove stir up, repack and blast another can.
Then water bath until visible butane is gone. Then I set the Pyrex on a girdle between 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to an hour, usually popping the big bubbles with a hair dryer, then right after the small bubbles pop up I scrape the dish.
I do NOT have a vaccum, can't afford one.
I really don't know if this next step is necessary..
Then I move my bho to a small shot glass sized mixing glass and add ethanol. About 1 to 1 ratio, stir it up run it through a coffee filter a couple times ( to get any extra lipids out) Then I put the mixing glass in to a double boiler/magnetic mixer at about 140 degrees and turn the mixer on. It takes about an hour to evaporate 90% of the ethanol. Then I add the mix, (vapeur extract is the brand name) 1 to 1 ratio, then leave it on the heat for about another 15-20 minutes to stir properly and get that last 10% of the ethanol out.
Then inject into a .05ml disposable cartridge then vape away with my little o.pen vape pen.

Everything seems to work pretty well, I get clean looking good tasting vape, but it's not perfect. The back end is amazing, hard hitting and very sedative (which I like) but the front end just doesn't hit that hard, not much of a good stoned feeling I get from smoking.

For the most part my only heat is the 30-60 min on the hot plate and the 30-60 min in the double boiler while evaporating the ethanol. I wonder in I am not getting enough heat to decarb fully or if it is too much heat and I am killing off all my good thc and turning it into cbd/cbn.
Also I have had a heck of a time trying to find a good disposable cartridge. The best (most consistent ones I have found are the dual coil ceramic with 1.6mm holes, but Im burning through a cartridge every 3 days instead of the ones you get from the pros lasting 5-6 days. Most of theirs are single coil or wick, but I can't get any of the ones I buy not to taste like burnt tires.

Thank you for any advice/ridicule!

Your ethanol step you should dewax/winterize
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/getting-the-green-and-waxes-out-afterwards/

You don't want to heat it up and decarb it. That kills the terps and stuff. Low temp, slow evap.

Basically most people don't open blast anymore, its all CLS and vac purged. I honestly wouldn't recommend making oil yourself unless you can do it right. And I say this as someone who has made LOTS of oil and stopped.